IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

You don't get much change out of ten pounds going from Portsmouth to Southampton Central and it never used to be anything like that, the prices have jumped alarmingly in the last seven or eight years, but what can you do when they keep raising the fucking fares? Not only that, but some new stock of trains now are so damn noisy, have awful pinging doors and annoucements, you can't smoke on stations, certainly can't smoke on board although it's been that way for years, can't put feet on seats, and big brother cameras watching your every move, and there was at least two incidents this calendar year where some passenger got stuck in an automated toilet block and couldn't get out, and even then there's never any water to rinse your hands, although most people don't even bother with that.

The very worse thing I always found, was... you purchase a ticket, no-one bothers to turn up, you don't buy a ticket (or can't manage to).. some miserable fuck invariably turns up

Murphys Law..

im assuming thats the train? i agree, they are a complete joke mate, Southern trains down here are a shocking service and the 4min ride on the train from the village where i live into Chichester is nearly a £5 shaking%20fist.png

yeah man...that was one way too..had to use it to pick up my car and things when moving back to chorley..it's legal theft

Ey ey less of the Railway bashing ladies :) to be honest it is very expensive but what isn't these days.....

Anyhow Marco if you go off peak you'd save yourself over a £5 plus it should work out cheaper if you split your ticket from Chorley to Manchester then Manchester to Barnsley as concessionary fairs kick in past Blackrod pal.

It's not just the prices that are an issue, although that is a large piece of the problem. Said it before, on some trains, they give you about 10 seconds to get out the doors, if that, before they automatically close and you can miss your stop. People with luggage and bikes have been known to utter random curses.. Even missed a station because of it a few months back, went to get off at the stop after that, lo and behold the fucking doors wouldn't even open until it reached a terminus. Of course there was no-one about to complain to, as every prick goes home after about 8pm or was sitting with feet up in a coffee room or something. People must ask themselves why they even bother sometimes.

What region you from mate because only certain area's mainly being the London area have driver only trains other then that a conductor will operate the doors and they must be on board for the train to run....It sounds more like a metro system your talking about ie trams or as said driver only services?

It's company and area dependant plus what time you travel can make a big difference......

No he will be talking about Southern, same as me service is shocking at times, often their trains run late no matter what day or time, and often you find the conductor is sat in the back or upfront talking to the driver, very easy to get away with not paying for a ticket on certain trains down here, lots of rural(ish) stations and staff nowhere to be seen.

Edited by Simon

Ah thought so...

Most Conductors or Guards love the ticket clipping around this area due to the fact for most companies they get a good 5% + commision on top of their salary which can add a good few grand a year.

Anyhow I don't like using the train when I don't have to as I spend enough time on them as it is :)

Yeah, Southern/Southwestern, rail around Hampshire and into Dorset and even Sussex, although it's just not confined to one area.

I thought I could make a trip the other day between stations and admittedly didn't have time to purchase a ticket, until some jobsworth self righteous cunts come along and demand penalty fares for what is basically a fairly innocuous venture. I haven't fucking murdered anybody. I didn't feel like remonstrating with these pricks so just signed a little piece of paper and have until the end of month to pay outstanding charges, or else I could be liable to a £1000 fine or three months of jail apparently.

I'm just going to pay the damn fine and move on, no sense in making a meal out of it.

I got things to do tonight, just wasting time here, but that's about the story of it. I think these people are of no more worth than a damn traffic warden or something but what can you do.

England 'fans' get on my fucking tits. Moaning about literally anything and everything. One of the reasons we are so dissapointing IMO is because of the pessemism from the fans/press. How about we get behind the lads and give them some motivation? Get on my fucking nerves it does, people are moaning because we only put 5 past San Marino - get a grip.

I can't recall his name, but all he did was belittle San Marino, and take the piss out of them.

I agree mate was getting sick of hearing the constant needless jibes at them those cock end's Townsend & Tyldesley are shite commentators, everyone knows they are a very poor side big deal if those lads make abit of money out of it then good for them....

Very pissed of at My flutter on the footie had a coupon with Belguim Bulgaria Romania Russia and Japan in the friendly to win which stood Me at around £1400 quid from £20 only for Bulgaria to draw who might I now add are another hated national side to My list happy.png

Edited by EFC-Paul

I thought our overall performance was crap, and quite naive.

The only way to play well against San Marino is to actually encourage them to come out of defence, All they did was pen them in and try to walk through them. The amount of pointless passes was boring. I'm not convinced at all that the team are good enough for tournament play.

I think the opposite, I thought it was a really good performance last night and one that I am happy with. San Marino put ten men on the edge of the box which is going to be hard for any team, we had to pass around them because if we would have ran with the ball we'd of been gobbled up by about six defenders all on one man, we were patient and in the end got the three points that we needed along with five decent goals.

The score dosen't matter to me, winning is what counts and winning is what we did.

Edit: However if we had been given the penalty in the fourth minute and scored it I think we'd of scored about 10, that early on the San Marino tactics/morale would have been shattered and we'd of ran riot.

Edited by Zoo