IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

Buying two fold up bikes and finding out that both of them are missing screws.

How hard is it to put a bike in a box and remember all the fucking things that are supposed to go with it, I mean one of the things missing was the screw to keep the handle-bars on, who the fuck dosen't remember that?

why dont you just buy a real bike?

Even 'professional' bike maintenance people make mistakes or anyone associated, I have been a live witness to this in recent months, it can be a complex job sometimes with all the bits and pieces and what to do where, but these individuals are believed to know more about it than the usual man on the street, but mistakes will still occur. I've spent about £70 already this summer on repairs, more than I paid for the fucking thing in the first place, sincerely thought about just throwing it aside and walking off at some point, but that's not the solution.

Package holiday deposits....one of our girls wants to come out for a week next year with her boyfriend while we're in Greece.

Found a decent deal £540 odd from Bristol with Thomas Cook....they want £401 deposit ffs!? Don't know why the £1huh.png .

What else do you buy where you have to pay for (most of) it nine months before you get the product?

Package holiday deposits....one of our girls wants to come out for a week next year with her boyfriend while we're in Greece.

Found a decent deal £540 odd from Bristol with Thomas Cook....they want £401 deposit ffs!? Don't know why the £1huh.png .

What else do you buy where you have to pay for (most of) it nine months before you get the product?

Mike, don't you check Ice Lolly or On the beach etc online?

Mike, don't you check Ice Lolly or On the beach etc online?

Or Travel Republic?

I'd looked at Travel Republic, used them before, hopeless on this one.

On the Beach want £882 for the same holidayunsure.png but Ice Lolly have it for £207ppohmy.png . It's a phone only agent so I'll try them later....ta for the tipsmile.png .

why dont you just buy a real bike?

It's for when I go down south, I've got a house near a large forest so the fold-up bike will let me throw it in the boot and then set it up rather easily and get going. Plus it was a cheaper than a top quality BMX as the bike is not something I will be using 24/7.

Apparently it takes more than a week for library staff to change a fucking Ink toner ?

at this rate the Titanic will arrive in New York before they get this fucking issue sorted. Seriously quite irritated by this now.

a little less time sitting around fraternizing about banal trivial talk and a little more action in getting things done is not much to ask.

Don't hold your breath..

Not being able to play guitar is grinding my gears, I've started trying to learn it and although I fully understand that its going to take a few months I'm just miffed at being so shit at it. People on the telly make it look so easy when bursting into solos and here is me putting in 120% effort just so that I can pluck the same string twice in a row without flicking the others.

Not being able to play guitar is grinding my gears, I've started trying to learn it and although I fully understand that its going to take a few months I'm just miffed at being so shit at it. People on the telly make it look so easy when bursting into solos and here is me putting in 120% effort just so that I can pluck the same string twice in a row without flicking the others.

what sort of stuff are you trying to learn mate? forget the solo's for now, just learn a few basic chords, A,E,C,D, the barred E chord(probably the most common chord in guitar music) and learn to strum properly, you would be surprised at what you can play if you learn those few basics Edited by Simon

Zoo, where do you live mate?

If anyone is booking a holiday with Thomson get in touch, may be able to swindle you a little ££ off.

Amen to that, 10 years ive been trying, on and off (with all the travel its hard to practice)...

I'm pretty lucky in regards to instruments, played Piano since I was 7, and guitar from 15 :)

Edited by Kohen

I'm pretty lucky in regards to instruments, played Piano since I was 7, and guitar from 15 smile.png

My mother in law teaches piano (she's in her eighties now but still teaching on the Bechstein grand she got for her twenty first birthday!). Just wish we lived closer because I'd love to learn properly.

Back on topic....

The X Factor on the news. Just fuck off....it's an irrelevance.

I was just talking about falling pins and now this, but in any event, have to concur with the X-Factor bullshit.

I'm afraid the fact of the matter is, unless you're a leather faced 'celebrity' totally devoid of talent, charisma and any tangible substance or caliber you're not going to get into the news or media.

We can like it or don't like it, but that's the way it is now.

I hope the people responsible for X-Factor or any other of these pointless fucking trivial banal little 'talent' shows meet a demise of barbaric proportions.

More proposed, and decided, fare increases on public transport. 8 per cent jump on some rail networks I read apparently, come into effect in the new year.

Best thing to do would be not to pay, such is the incompetence shortage of ticket collectors but then there seems to be a lot of those miserable cunts going around masquerading as rail enforcement people or whatever the fuck they call themselves handing out minimum penalty fares of twenty pounds if you don't have the right ticket, or travel at the incorrect time or look at them the wrong way. Rail prices are getting extortionate now, and even if you have a season ticket now, you have to spend over £10 in order to have any discount or they're only valid at weekends so I understand.

Seems you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.