IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

The country suffers massively from ...those who can't, teach. I stayed in halls where the majority of students were on the primary school teaching course and it now haunts me that most of them are teachers now. More than one of them couldn't comprehend the solar system, "Do we go round the moon and the Sun?" nearly all of them failed or got very low scores in maths and science but unlimited retakes of exams that covered limited depth of knowledge for each topic meant they'd all pass eventually.

I would have also been an example of this idiom. I only got a 2:2 and was accepted to do a secondary school teaching course, but I chose to go back and do a postgrad certificate instead.

No offense to C or any other teachers on this forum. I know there are some good ones, just there is an unbelievable amount that aren't.

My daughter wants to teach primary age children, I think she would be ok, she's great with children of that age, secondary school children would offer a far greater challange and she's well aware of that.

Ideally teachers who teach teenagers should resemble a young John Cleese and carry a mighty cane, be allowed to use it and not be affraid to use it.When little Jonnys parents turn up to complain.....I better shut up!

Kids that don't respect their teachers probably don't respect their parents......it's the fucking goverments fault we have these moral problems, but then most of thier kids probably go to private schools.

Respective goverments are the only ones able to change things......this is "what grinds your gears".....isn't it?angry.png

My daughter wants to teach primary age children, I think she would be ok, she's great with children of that age, secondary school children would offer a far greater challange and she's well aware of that.

Ideally teachers who teach teenagers should resemble a young John Cleese and carry a mighty cane, be allowed to use it and not be affraid to use it.When little Jonnys parents turn up to complain.....I better shut up!

Kids that don't respect their teachers probably don't respect their parents......it's the fucking goverments fault we have these moral problems, but then most of thier kids probably go to private schools.

Respective goverments are the only ones able to change things......this is "what grinds your gears".....isn't it?angry.png

I don't think it's a discipline problem the private school stories are just as bad.

Grade wise the private schools benefit from inside knowledge on the exams, so can be more focused on that part of the course whereas the teachers in public schools have to teach their subjects more broadly and due to time less in-depth.

Food tech is pointless, teaching kids how to make their own pizza like anyone actually does that anymore and RE being compulsory (for the first 3 years when I was at school) is a joke, both of these subjects should be learned away from a school. Also schools accepting kids based on their religion is a piss take. The whole set up from the Government down is pathetic, the higher ups are all too comfy and anyone who does try to persuade change are crowded out. We had one head master who was unconventional and tried to focus on the kids who bothered to show up, but my schools main target was attendance so our head was replaced with some numpty who just booted lots of kids out to make the attendance figures not look so bad. There was no challenge for people like me, they were just happy I was coming in and going to contribute to the 5 C's and above for the school stats. I'm very bitter towards the system, I could have tried harder, but some help/guidance would have been nice.

I don't think it's a discipline problem the private school stories are just as bad.

Grade wise the private schools benefit from inside knowledge on the exams, so can be more focused on that part of the course whereas the teachers in public schools have to teach their subjects more broadly and due to time less in-depth.

Food tech is pointless, teaching kids how to make their own pizza like anyone actually does that anymore and RE being compulsory (for the first 3 years when I was at school) is a joke, both of these subjects should be learned away from a school. Also schools accepting kids based on their religion is a piss take. The whole set up from the Government down is pathetic, the higher ups are all too comfy and anyone who does try to persuade change are crowded out. We had one head master who was unconventional and tried to focus on the kids who bothered to show up, but my schools main target was attendance so our head was replaced with some numpty who just booted lots of kids out to make the attendance figures not look so bad. There was no challenge for people like me, they were just happy I was coming in and going to contribute to the 5 C's and above for the school stats. I'm very bitter towards the system, I could have tried harder, but some help/guidance would have been nice.

You don't think it's a discipline problem!.....you think private schools are just the same!

The first day at my sons secondary school, a boy in his class punched a female teacher in the stomach and another tride to set fire to the school.This is a pretty decent school all thing considered, there is an intake from a couple of bad districts, where some have usless fuc%ing parents and to be honest from what I've seen some of the parents from the 'better' districts aren't much better.The teachers including the head struggle with the problems this brings, let's be honset they aren't trained social workers.It IS discipline!

They have no respect for thier parents, the police or teachers.

I've got examples of private schools close to hand, wifes family, people don't pay £20-25,000 a year to have their childrens education ruined by one or two shit students or incompetent teachers.....don't bother to quote the odd exception to this rule as we all know there will be some.

You get what you pay for.Some children will succeed where ever they are and some will fail even at a private school.

Google a few of the top private schools, check out their fees, you wouldn't want to send your children there if you knew they wouldn't have a much better than average chance of success.

Edited by Blue 250

You don't think it's a discipline problem!.....you think private schools are just the same!

The first day at my sons secondary school, a boy in his class punched a female teacher in the stomach and another tride to set fire to the school.This is a pretty decent school all thing considered, there is an intake from a couple of bad districts, where some have usless fuc%ing parents and to be honest from what I've seen some of the parents from the 'better' districts aren't much better.The teachers including the head struggle with the problems this brings, let's be honset they aren't trained social workers.It IS discipline!

They have no respect for thier parents, the police or teachers.

I've got examples of private schools close to hand, wifes family, people don't pay £20-25,000 a year to have their childrens education ruined by one or two shit students or incompetent teachers.....don't bother to quote the odd exception to this rule as we all know there will be some.

You get what you pay for.Some children will succeed where ever they are and some will fail even at a private school.

Google a few of the top private schools, check out their fees, you wont want to send your children there if you knew they wouldn't have a much better than average chance of success.

Those kids end up in the remedial classes or sent on a college scheme to get them away from the rest of the other students. Scumbag wise there are just as many born to Wayne and Waynette as there are to Benjamin and Amelia.

Those kids end up in the remedial classes or sent on a college scheme to get them away from the rest of the other students. Scumbag wise there are just as many born to Wayne and Waynette as there are to Benjamin and Amelia.

I'm afraid PeteO that in a perfect world 'those' kids would end up 'unable ' to affect the average ability student who is perhaps easily distracted, therefor giving them a good chance at an education.Unfortunately we are not in a perfect world, and as you pointed out in your earlier post a lot of teachers aren't up to the job.In private schools, poor teachers don't last too long.

I'm afraid PeteO that in a perfect world 'those' kids would end up 'unable ' to affect the average ability student who is perhaps easily distracted, therefor giving them a good chance at an education.Unfortunately we are not in a perfect world, and as you pointed out in your earlier post a lot of teachers aren't up to the job.In private schools, poor teachers don't last too long.

In my case, the higher sets only suffered indirectly from the idiots, with some teachers taking our lessons as a time to relax before their next class that had the more difficult students in.

Looking back on it and you realise a lot of teachers were winging it, and didn't fully understand the subject. I also found at University level it had the opposite problem, were the lecturers understood the subject but didn't know how to teach it.

I don't have a problem with Becker, or any Germans in general. Maybe the Queen is an exception, but above all else, never had any issues.

I don't like some drivers as much as one of the above responses, and with my temper I'm better off with public transport (still not without it's problems) but whatever is said, people not indicating properly isn't the worst driving offense. Lot of awful cunts out there, stupid cunts even, DUI charges, driving on the footpaths, not paying due care and attention, endangering all and sundry with moronic driving, you get the picture. Of course it's only a percentage of road users, but I have no time whatsoever for people like that. How some people obtain a driving license is completely beyond me sometimes.

I don't have a problem with Becker, or any Germans in general. Maybe the Queen is an exception, but above all else, never had any issues.

I don't like some drivers as much as one of the above responses, and with my temper I'm better off with public transport (still not without it's problems) but whatever is said, people not indicating properly isn't the worst driving offense. Lot of awful cunts out there, stupid cunts even, DUI charges, driving on the footpaths, not paying due care and attention, endangering all and sundry with moronic driving, you get the picture. Of course it's only a percentage of road users, but I have no time whatsoever for people like that. How some people obtain a driving license is completely beyond me sometimes.

I'd agree with that next time you cross a road and no one indicatesafro2.gif

Having German heritage doesn't make Her German that's just like saying all Americans and Aussies are British!

In fact the most common ancestral strain in the US is German (15.2% of the population).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States

I reckon DK's a closet Teuton and he's just trying to distract attentiontongue.png .

In fact the most common ancestral strain in the US is German (15.2% of the population).

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

I reckon DK's a closet Teuton and he 's just trying to distract attentiontongue.png .

Ah never knew that I'd have thought the majority would be descendants from the Irish/English but that's only because of the film Titanic haha!

Only joking but still interesting to know of the German ancestry there also abit odd when You think abou it really all things considered from past events...

Edited by EFC-Paul

When you're sweaty after doing sports and you're in a bathroom letting your shower run, it's steamy inside and you try to take off your sweaty shirt and just can't take the damn thing off, struggeling for like minutes, while your head is inside your shirt, sweaty, steamy and your get that feeling you're suffocating cause you can't get any fresh air.