IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

They're going on about the 'West Ham way' again... whatever the fuck that is.

Big Sam only thinks Arsene and SAF are better than him. I'm sure he had the most expensive team in the Championship last season and only just scraped through the play-offs. He was sacked from his last 2 club... has nobody told him why?

nonsense..

And who is 'they' anyway, and I didn't make any further comprehension of it either.

A way in which a club has a relegation battle in the top flight of soccer more often than not, or hasn't won a trophy for nearly thirty-five years ? No, I didn't quite understand that also.

There was the usual anger today, resisted the urge to whack some visiting Chelsea supporters over the head with metal poles or throw rocks at their team bus, but I did in fact, have a spontaneous moment of pleasure when Manchester United scored in added time in todays cup game. I don't like Van Persie, but this time, had to look the other way. I'm sure Allardyce doesn't see himself as some replicant of Ferguson or Wenger, just merely a no thrills manager, that has done well here and there, and put together some good sides, nothing more. Could even be a name for the England job one day, there's still time.

Because I don't like the opposition. It's only been mentioned around 184 times now

United haven't won the competition since 2004 so they'll be eager to see their names as winners once again, and you can only imagine Ferguson would like a last medal in that before he retires

I didn't get too irritated today, but there's still time for anything to occur.

Wasn't she able to take herself.

Or at least find a nearer airport.

Theoretically I suppose (to the first bit) though at great expense and inconvenience....damn paternal instinctshaking fist.png .

(To the second part) Exeter airport's hopeless unless you want an expensive package.

I'm disgusted.

There was a man who lived near me around about six months ago who was a bit of a loner and never seemed to have any women round his house. Anyway, when he first moved in he tried to make friends with me and he apparantly worked as a coach driver for Everton FC. After finding out that I supported them he would give me stuff from the players he met (for example; Andy Johnsons shinpads, Ryan Giggs' gloves etc...) and always said that he would take me to away games such as Chelsea, Arsenal and let me meet the players and all that if I wanted to.

I never accepted cause I thought he was a fucking weirdo.

A few months ago he was arrested and we never knew why, the rumour was it that he had had his credit cards forged and he was not arrested, just taken to the station so he could answer some questions. It turns out however that he was in fact a paedophile and had groomed kids around the area and had raped two of them last year (and that's the reason he was arrested).

He's been given 15 years and didn't half shock me as looking back its pretty obvious why he wanted me to go to away games with him. Why are people so sick?!

I used to cut the grass for my grandparents, there was a chap opposite used to check me out in my shorts and promise me ' blue movies and beer' if I cut his grass for him......so believe me ' the grass doesn't always look greener on the other side '.I was about 15/16 at the time and mentioned this to parents/grandparents.They kind of laughed it off.

I do remember a few years later he cut a couple of toes off one of his feet cutting his grass.......maybe he just really wasn't any good with a mowerdont%20know.gif

Silicone boobs. Except in case of an amputation, that should be illegal. It ruins the world.

Where I worked as 15/16 year old (many years ago) there was a lady who must have been one of the first to have silicone implants.She was very proud of them and allowed a couple of people (me incuded) to prod them and kind of inspect them!!

She borrowed a book from me and when she had finished it suggested I go and collect it from hers one evenning, her husband worked nights etc!

I only had a push bike and I remember thinking ' you lazy cow' just bring it back into work with you.She asked a few more times, but I never went to collect that book!..........Now, where's that fucking time machine....I really want that bookcrying.gif

Nothing wrong with Silicone boobs !

Edited by Blue 250

Birthday threads. major%20overreaction%20alert.gif

Folk should just pm each other or offer a subtle reply. Brown nosing is annoying, especially when it's a select few. Either do a thread for everybody or not at all. wink.png

Moderators doing it is even worse. Imagine walking in to the office and seeing a birthday message on the white board from the boss, when others don't get one?

Point scoring puffs. shaking fist.png

Folk should just pm each other or offer a subtle reply. Brown nosing is annoying, especially when it's a select few. Either do a thread for everybody or not at all. wink.png

Moderators doing it is even worse. Imagine walking in to the office and seeing a birthday message on the white board from the boss, when others don't get one?

Point scoring puffs. shaking%20fist.png

Madmatt got one today because he's a regular poster, whereas the others who have one today don't come on any more. It's not brown nosing.

Point scoring puffs. shaking%20fist.png

To get a birthday thread started you need a few things (pretty much the same things you need to get a message on the office white board or get bought a pint down the pub I'd have thought).

1. You need to let people know it's your birthday.

2. You need to be a regular at the time, not necessarily long term.

3. You need people to like/respect/hate/notice you.

4. You need someone to remember and be arsed.

Possibly the key one is the first, if you're not interested in birthday threads then don't contribute to them and don't put your birthday in your profile (which curiously you have Avin.....unless it's just a testwink.png . And you're plainly not seventy-three).

Didn't really grind my gears, but made me laugh....the only other forum that I regularly contribute to (travel one that I've been a member of for longer than I have TT, 1200 posts in over eight years) I posted a less than complimentary opinion about something last night. Had this response this morning....

"...most of the post has been taken up with "MIKE'S" likes and dislikes(surely not of any interest to anyone)..."

rofl.gif

I apologised for having an opinion....there's no sarcasm thread there either sadlytongue.png.

To get a birthday thread started you need a few things (pretty much the same things you need to get a message on the office white board or get bought a pint down the pub I'd have thought).

Possibly the key one is the first, if you're not interested in birthday threads then don't contribute to them and don't put your birthday in your profile (which curiously you have Avin.....unless it's just a testwink.png . And you're plainly not seventy-three).

Waddya mean I'm not 73? Show some respect to your elders you young whippa snapper. tongue.png

Besides, I'm not that insecure to need a birthday thread for myself lol. I just like to pick on Romey for hand picking his tongue targets.

Let me translate those for you ...... leggit.gif

1. If it is your birthday, you must start a thread to tell folk, so they (the Brown nosers) can start a thread to wish you a happy one.

2. Discrimination is encouraged on Toffee Talk. We hope you newbies have a shite birthday.

Everybody has you on ignore because we want you to die. Please log off first though.

Who are you again? Nah, you quoted me and disagreed. No birthday thread for 'you' laddy.

I just like to pick on Romey for hand picking his tongue targets.

Handpick? All I do is wish posters a happy birthday if I notice at the bottom of the page if it's a regular poster's birthday that day.

I've never had much interaction with Madmatt so I'm not sure how it's anything other than being polite or whatever.

Oh well.

Handpick? All I do is wish posters a happy birthday if I notice at the bottom of the page if it's a regular poster's birthday that day.

I've never had much interaction with Madmatt so I'm not sure how it's anything other than being polite or whatever.

Oh well.

Why is brown nosing a form of politeness? Did you say "Can I brown nose you please?" The fact that you hardly know him makes it worse. I hope you at least wear protection.

Edited by Avinalaff