IGNORED

Team You Dislike Most - And Why

Hi all,

It crossed my mind the other day about how rivalries play such an important part in our lives as a football fan. But while many fans of the same club will have the same dislike of a rival side, others may view another side as the team they want to beat the most. Not only that, but everyone has their own reasons for why they consider that particular side to be their main rival, or most disliked side.

I have just done a blog on a football website called "shouts from the stands" which explores how rivalries are born by a football fan, and it will be great to hear from you (if you get the time of course) as to who you view the team you dislike more than any other, but most importantly why.

Many thanks, and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas

http://www.shoutsfromthestands.com/

"Dislike" is different from rivalry.

Rivalry is Liverpool for sure; hate would historically be Don Revie's Leeds.

Don't think I actually hate any club now....no-one raises that level of emotion though there are teams I'd like to see fail more than others (the two down the M62 in particular).

Don't think I actually hate any club now....no-one raises that level of emotion though there are teams I'd like to see fail more than others (the two down the M62 in particular).

This ^

Newcastle United.

Their fans are absolute idiots who think their team are amazing and should be challenging at the very top.

Then the media class them as a big club. A big stadium doesn't mean you're a big club ffs.

i second every word of that

also i hate spurs..never liked them much but since redknapp took over i hate them more cos he's such a cunt

Mostly can't tolerate ManU because all of it's US supporters are douchebags and don't know a thing about soccer other than what team they use on FIFA 2010. Same story for Chelsea. I know I'll get some shit for it, but most of my friends who are genuine footie fans are Reds fans, so it's hard for me to have the same hate I'd have for them we I English, sorry. Although, I'd still love to see them go down for a season or twenty! Bring back Rafa!

Edited by bluenoseyankee

As people know and have slagged me about before I have absolutely no problem with Liverpool. Definitely have a rivalry relationship and want to beat them but it's more in a sibling rivalry kind of way. You love beating them and hate losing to them but at the end of the day they're the people you have the most in common with and who know you best.

Probably hate Newcastle the most. I don't think there's any other club in the world where I struggle to put my finger on who out of their playing staff, ownership or fanbase that I despise the most.

I will probably be the only bloke in the world who hates them but for me its Fulham and the reason why is Louis Boa Morte

I just remember all those horrible niggly matches we had against them when that horrible little wan*** was playing for them. Most noteably the game at thier place when Boa Morte got Weir sent off

Got to say I hate The Shite ( although Im not biased, I dont care who beats them) and Man Utd mainly due to all there dodgy supporters. I just dont get how you can live in London and support Man U :huh:

This, even Liverpool supporters hated them more than they did us, the dirtiest most vile team ever assembled, Hunter, Bremner, Lorimer, Clarke et al

Chelsea and ManU because of the fans in the US that simply like them because they won the titles and are rich. When I ask they cant even name five of their players. apart from that Liverpool because of the rivalry, Man City because of the players and their fans are now rotten, and newcastle because of the disgraceful owner.

I hate Villa due to a lot of my mates being 'Villa fans' - the most fickle supporters of all.

I hate Newcastle for many of the same reasons as others have stated.

I used to hate Spurs but I'm actually warming to them now - very good team to watch with Bale/Lennon, Modric/VDV.

I hate Liverpool and love their current state (although only behind us by 1 goal with a game in hand - but still!!!)

I prefer Arse/Man.Ure over Citeh/Chelski (all of which I'm slightly jealous of).