IGNORED

Stoke City (Away)

c1982

A few Evertonians may have an eye on the Moysiah going into this one...

Who's playing CB if jags/johnny aren't fit?

Are we going to field a striker?

What are we going to do without Cahill?

With the transfer window re-opened is playing rumoured out-going stars sensible?

I'm a huge fan of Moyes but I was left miffed by the last outing selection.

I can't predict a team due to above questions but I expect Vic to come back in.

I can't predict a score as I can't predict a team but I feel it's going to be a close and hard fought game where I would expect us to dominate posession-wise but this doesn't always result in 3points as we've found out on so many occassions already this season.

COYB!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news!!! I just pressumed he was gone as Lee from Bolton had already gone last game - the aussies must not be meeting as early.

Arteta or Rodwell need to drop out for Vic then.

Yeah, i agree. News is that Jags is fit, so it should be a straight swap for Hibbo.

Fantastic news!!! I just pressumed he was gone as Lee from Bolton had already gone last game - the aussies must not be meeting as early.

They're meeting in Dubai on the 3rd.

Off topic a bit but this is advertising gone mad...

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/2009InsideFFA/default.aspx?s=insideffa_newsfeatures_newsitem_new&id=37791

"Qantas Socceroos" namechecked thirty-seven times (well nearly) and Australia mentioned once :rolleyes: .

What would you suggest then?

There's a little known player called Yak we could call upon. Infinitely better than Vic. I know Yak has only scored one this season but he's much more likely to get a goal than Anichebe, fuck, Hibbert's about as likely to score as Anichebe ;). Not to mention, Yak actually helps the midfield by bringing them into the game because he can hold the ball up.

There's a little known player called Yak we could call upon. Infinitely better than Vic. I know Yak has only scored one this season but he's much more likely to get a goal than Anichebe, fuck, Hibbert's about as likely to score as Anichebe ;). Not to mention, Yak actually helps the midfield by bringing them into the game because he can hold the ball up.

I'm being realistic in my selection though, Yak has been fit all season and Moyes has rarely called on him (apart from a spell in oct where he did nothing wrong IMO). I'd like Yak to play but it looks very unlikely Moyes will start him, if a £6m odd bid comes in then he's off, obviously something's not right behind the scenes. As for Vic, I think he'll come good, I was encouraged by his performance at Citeh although a little naive to get sent off. He's not a natural scorer but he chased down every ball at Citeh and was actually quite a good outlet holding the ball up. Anyone we play up front will create the space for Cahill to play in his natural role which will be vitally important against Stoke.

Yep, posted that in the duffy thread. Complete joke, the size of Stoke too. Hibbert will always try but come on, hasn't moyes learned his lesson from the fa cup final?

Duffy deserves a crack and not one blues fan would begrudge a few mistakes from a young lad when there is no other logical option.

That said.... Duffy posted something about needing a haircut on twitter, is that an indication he knows something.....

Just to prove he has lost the plot, Baxter, Arteta and Pienaar will form the back four with Hibbert, Howard will be wearing a sling, the Yak will play with his laces tied together and he'll drop Cahill becuase he won't be avaiable for the next game. Distin will be dropped because he is playing too well, Rodwell will be on the bench because Moysey likes chatting to him, Fellaini will not have woken up from being on the piss tonight....................................or could I be wrong ;)

Theres not much chance but this is what i would like to see ........

Howard

Neville .. Jags .. Distin .. Baines

Arteta .. Cahill .. Fellaini .. Pienaar

Anichebe .. Yakubu

Play Stoke at their own game and get two big fellas up front to bully them.

Arteta needs to play in their half, not ours, and if its not working we have Osman, Coleman, and Saha who might shake it up.

Theres not much chance but this is what i would like to see ........

Howard

Neville .. Jags .. Distin .. Baines

Arteta .. Cahill .. Fellaini .. Pienaar

Anichebe .. Yakubu

Play Stoke at their own game and get two big fellas up front to bully them.

Arteta needs to play in their half, not ours, and if its not working we have Osman, Coleman, and Saha who might shake it up.

I think I may have to agree with you entirely there sire. Huth suspended as well, let's have a go and if it doesn't work then at least we can say he tried it and he knows better and we should have listened to him, he/ him being Moyes.

Edited by The Beard

Duffy posted something about needing a haircut on twitter, is that an indication he knows something.....

Think you're looking in to that a bit much!

I'm gonna go with a draw 1-1.

Should win it though, after their defeat at Fulham their heads can't be up! But are ours ever up?!

They're meeting in Dubai on the 3rd.

Off topic a bit but this is advertising gone mad...

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/2009InsideFFA/default.aspx?s=insideffa_newsfeatures_newsitem_new&id=37791

"Qantas Socceroos" namechecked thirty-seven times (well nearly) and Australia mentioned once :rolleyes: .

Typical FFA though...money money money. You know how locked down the sponsorship in the a-league is? Since Solo is an FAA sponsor, no teams can be sponsored by Coke. Since Qantas is an FFA sponsor, no-one teams can have Etihad Airways as a sponsor.

It's ridiculous and part of why the a-league is such a shambles at the moment!

Also no Gulum listed on the team selection there I see...looks like we've lost him to the Turks then...

Sorry! Gone massively off topic...I think Moyes will pick:

Howard

Neville_Hibbert_Distin_Baines

Fellani

Rodwell_Arteta_Pienaar

Cahill

Vic

I would pick:

Howard

Neville_Heitinga_Distin_Baines

Fellani

Arteta_Osman_Pienaar

Cahill

Yak

I'd play an injured Johnny rather than Hibbo...still want to see Bily get a run in the middle, but with Timmy C going, that may well happen after today.

Im feeling bit(a lot) stupid to say, that we need 3p today. Actually we need now to pull win from today and also from spurs next. Other way our season is definitely screwed up(not to mention ill lose a bunch of EUROs if we arent gonna finish in top6 ;) ). I also wish that if Jags arent fit then order would be heitinga>duffy>holy ghost>hibbo , but after that post what Romey did put from NSNO, moysie cant leave hibbo out anymore. I have been also wondering this situation with Yak. WTF is wrong behind the scenes? He were working hard on the pitch and finally got that beautiful goal, late winner vs stoke? for us and have been benched after that. HAvent seen or heard any rumours, but there has to be something serious with him and moyes. I would have course play Seamus on the right before Mikel, Other of them is in good form, has been for a while, other is just a shadow of his best. And i really dont wanna see Vic also on the pitch, but he seems also having a major trust from moyes.

My next year christmaspresent starting XI

Howard

Nev-Jags(pls be fit)-Distin-Baines(our working class hero these days)

Hairy Maru

Coleman-Rodders-Pienaar

Cahill(the midfielder who aims for top scorer of the league ;) if not playing crappy games at somewhere too far to notice)

YAK

Moysies probably selected disappointing starting XI

Howard

Nev-hibbo(oh crap)-Distin-Baines

Felli

Coleman-Arteta(come on lad)-Pienaar-Vic

Cahill

edit: btw, what has been weather conditions all over UK lately? ANy chances that games could be postponed again? Actually i hope that all our games after this one would get postponed till Cahill is back ;)

Edited by LexKing

Against teams like this we need to stop being shit scared and play 4-4-2, it's pathetic going into easy games and not applying the pressure up front. For me Moyes will make it hard for us again by only sticking one player up front and that will probably be Cahill, I'll always be optemistic before a game and say 2-0 to us but I really can't see us getting much from this.

Even Stoke City look threatening at the moment which worries me.