Top Posters In This Topic

Dream team:

Mucha

Mustafi Duffy Distin Baines

Akpan

Craig Wallace Gueye?

Cahill

Silva? JV? Agard?

Just shuffle Duffy and Mustafi around, move Akpan with Felli, Craig with Coleman and put Baxter up front. But at least we couldn't do any worse than what we are doing now.

I know yeah... the team is playing well, he brought on the right subs, creating chances, all over them.... Whats Moyes done wrong today exactly?

He lost to Stoke. That's what he's done wrong. If the team isn't scoring goals then they're not playing well. 75% possession and promising through balls don't win matches, goals do. A good manager finds ways to make his strikers score; after 19 matches it's no longer a one off. And as far as what he's done wrong today...started the ONLY striker we have who hasn't scored this term above two who have, and started our most out of form center mid, also played with ONE up top against Stoked. Typical unchanging negative bullshit from Moyes.

Just shuffle Duffy and Mustafi around, move Akpan with Felli, Craig with Coleman and put Baxter up front. But at least we couldn't do any worse than what we are doing now.

Yeah. I am a little pissed right now. Fellaini, Coleman, Cahill still deserve to play. Maybe Osman too. Fuck, Tony Hibbert isn't great, but at least he plays with heart.

This is the most annoying part, we should win these games, yet somehow we find a way not to. It's bloody ridiculous, no Cahill for up to 6 weeks, and now we have to rely on Saha and co. Put on some youth, we need a spark, Coleman is showing that he actually likes playing football, whereas Jags sees it as a chore. See you later Europe.

Same team,,same players,,,,same manager...same techniques.....one season we were feared and now we fear the teams below us..More den the manager, players are to be blamed.

Yes our forwards do not score (at all), equally i find our midfields are not ditributing the balls to our forwards either, instead they simply love walking into opponent's defence....we need change....we need a spark in midfield and attack....and yes Arteta has been the most disaapointing player this season....

The good news is that we will get a trophy next year, even if it is the Championship title.

Anyways, EvertonDirect's delivery (Royal Mail) isn't any better than our teams performance. It shipped on the 15th of last month, and still hasn't arrived.

Yeah I'm still waiting on a book that was shipped on the 7th December. Got told 3-7 days and they won't look into it until 4 weeks has passed.

That's crap....we're all over them, total one-way traffic. Players are up for it and with a little luck we'd be three up and salivating over the performance.

(But Arteta is crap, I'll give you that)

What i meant with that same old shit was, we have the ball, but we cant create anything with it. Anything concrete like goals ;) .

I could had after second half quote my post after first half. Disappointing. Season over. Im ready for change now. Lets sack Moyes. We have to now survive somehow a month? without Cahill. Omg. were doomed. :crying smiley:

He lost to Stoke. That's what he's done wrong. If the team isn't scoring goals then they're not playing well. 75% possession and promising through balls don't win matches, goals do. A good manager finds ways to make his strikers score; after 19 matches it's no longer a one off. And as far as what he's done wrong today...started the ONLY striker we have who hasn't scored this term above two who have, and started our most out of form center mid, also played with ONE up top against Stoked. Typical unchanging negative bullshit from Moyes.

'A good manager finds ways to make his strikers score'.....interesting, therefore a team playing for a 'good' manager will never have a game where they don't score!

That doesn't work make.

Yep Moyes has done it AGAIN!.........Fielded a team, who according to all unbiased watchers, played the better football, were basically on top......but didn't win!

What more can Moyes do ?. He puts out a team, a pretty good team, they play some better than decent football, they just can't score more than their opponents.

NOW, we need some luck, some more fight from the players, a bit of vision from the boss, and the support from the fans.....and for the very nervous, 3 teams worse than us!

It's obvious this season isn't going our way! It's more the players/ luck/ opponents fault than it is Moyes.It's a collective thing, Everton are struggling for points, fuc%ing live with it.

Bring on the next game, maybe our luck will change, maybe a couple of players will find their form, maybe we will win!

Calling for Moyes head is a stupid, shortsighted thing.Who assembled the team that's beating nearly all teams in every department other than scoring.......and Moyes can't MAKE people score.

I know yeah... the team is playing well, he brought on the right subs, creating chances, all over them.... Whats Moyes done wrong today exactly?

Idiot

'A good manager finds ways to make his strikers score'.....interesting, therefore a team playing for a 'good' manager will never have a game where they don't score!

That doesn't work make.

Yep Moyes has done it AGAIN!.........Fielded a team, who according to all unbiased watchers, played the better football, were basically on top......but didn't win!

What more can Moyes do ?. He puts out a team, a pretty good team, they play some better than decent football, they just can't score more than their opponents.

NOW, we need some luck, some more fight from the players, a bit of vision from the boss, and the support from the fans.....and for the very nervous, 3 teams worse than us!

It's obvious this season isn't going our way! It's more the players/ luck/ opponents fault than it is Moyes.It's a collective thing, Everton are struggling for points, fuc%ing live with it.

Bring on the next game, maybe our luck will change, maybe a couple of players will find their form, maybe we will win!

Calling for Moyes head is a stupid, shortsighted thing.Who assembled the team that's beating nearly all teams in every department other than scoring.......and Moyes can't MAKE people score.

Thank God there are still some people here that have some common sense.

I just think that it seems, Moysies lunch has been eaten. He doesnt seem to be able to regenerate, and this game aint working no more. He has done a brilliant job for us, that 100% sure, but if the team is so badly lock now, how else you get the change? Wishing more hard packets from santa next christmas? This was the season when we had best team in 10y like Moyes said himself. If he cant get it work, ill hope some1 else will. Its sad but you cant change whole team, you have to change man in charge, to get difference.

Chickens, home, roost

Against the good sides like Chelsea, Man Utd, and Arsenal you can get away with saying we played well but just couldnt score, but when you lose to teams like Blackburn, Villa, Newcastle, West Brom, and Stoke, excuses are futile.

We cant even beat Wolves, Fulham, Blackpool, Wigan and West Ham, teams we would expect to beat every time if its our intention to finish in the top Six.

So i dont go along with this lame excuse, we have too many players who dont seem that interested in playing for the club, or David Moyes has lost the plot and somehow upset them.

We need a massive clear out with all the strikers going for a start, Pienaar will be going, so then we have to look at Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, and Arteta.

We need a massive makeover, if not in January then deffo in the Summer.

Against the good sides like Chelsea, Man Utd, and Arsenal you can get away with saying we played well but just couldnt score, but when you lose to teams like Blackburn, Villa, Newcastle, West Brom, and Stoke excuses are futile.

We cant even beat Wolves, Fulham, Blackpool, Wigan and West Ham, teams we would expect to beat every time if its our intention to finish in the top Six.

So i dont go along with this lame excuse, we have too many players who dont seem that interested in playing for the club, or David Moyes has lost the plot and somehow upset them.

We need a massive clear out with all the strikers going for a start, Pienaar will be going so then we have to look at Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, and Arteta. We need a massive makeover, if not in January then deffo in the Summer.

To elaborate, we have questioned on here so long board support, tactics, contract extensions, so on and so forth. The truth is that the team has stood still whilst those all around have evolved into an efficient premier league outfit.

The game is getting tougher and tougher each year, drawing reliance on varying footballing attributes, moyes has been caught trying to create a team that seems to replicate free flowing arsenal with the ability to put the ball away of tranmere. I really can't see how we have any clue how to score unless it comes from the left handside of baines, pienaar and Cahill header.

Edited by Hafnia2

felli givin the ball away more than usual today

edit: that makes it sound like i think he's shit..i mean he is givin it away when he usually doesn't

Been at a family do all day so not had a chance to post but my mate was out in liverpool last night and felli/yak were in the same club... could be why he wasn't on his game today!!!

To elaborate, we have questioned on here so long board support, tactics, contract extensions, so on and so forth. The truth is that the team has stood still whilst those all around have evolved into an efficient premier league outfit.

The game is getting tougher and tougher each year, drawing reliance on varying footballing attributes, moyes has been caught trying to create a team that seems to replicate free flowing arsenal with the ability to put the ball away of tranmere. I really can't see how we have any clue how to score unless it comes from the left handside of baines, pienaar and Cahill header.

That bit made me laugh... Havent been able to see the game yet but the comments here seem to match up with the match stats I checked on the BBC although we only had 49% possession which doesnt necessarily equate to domination.

At least parts of the performance sound like they have improved, just not the goals for or against column.

Trying being the operative word. Moyes is trying to prove Einstein’s definition of insanity - ‘doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results’ – with a practical demonstration. Meanwhile, for the rest of the school of science community, the results are quite obvious: Everton = Mediocre Club, too. The thing is, why won’t he experiment? If what he’s got on the bench is inadequate, then he shouldn’t have assembled it. It’s apparent that what’s on the pitch is inadequate, too. For me, layman et al, he has got to play the likes of Gueye, Bily (yes, I know he has been played, but not where he should be played) and the youngsters to see if we can get some different results. It beggars belief he plays the same hand all the time. There is a very real danger we could be relegated this year and utterly foolish to ignore the possibility. I’m sure DM knows this, but I’m equally sure he no longer knows what to do about it. Time for him to consult the alchemist and, for us, more likely the chemist.

Trying being the operative word. Moyes is trying to prove Einstein’s definition of insanity - ‘doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results’ – with a practical demonstration. Meanwhile, for the rest of the school of science community, the results are quite obvious: Everton = Mediocre Club, too. The thing is, why won’t he experiment? If what he’s got on the bench is inadequate, then he shouldn’t have assembled it. It’s apparent that what’s on the pitch is inadequate, too. For me, layman et al, he has got to play the likes of Gueye, Bily (yes, I know he has been played, but not where he should be played) and the youngsters to see if we can get some different results. It beggars belief he plays the same hand all the time. There is a very real danger we could be relegated this year and utterly foolish to ignore the possibility. I’m sure DM knows this, but I’m equally sure he no longer knows what to do about it. Time for him to consult the alchemist and, for us, more likely the chemist.

Its with great reluctance but I have to agree with all of this.

Some say it's nonsense to have a go at Moyes, its the players to blame just like the passengers on the Titanic, iceberg what iceberg. We have thrown points away this season like confetti at a wedding. Yippee we play nice football but it is totally predictable and has now become virtually ineffective. Since when did possession win a match, you can pass the ball round all day but with no cutting edge it becomes a total fucking waste of time, your possession stats will look good but they will also hide the truth. If the manager keeps repeating the same mistake how the bloody hell can that be right.............his major mistake being bloody Saha but he still won't listen