IGNORED

Liverpool (Away)

MikeO

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too dissapointed with he draw but they are only back into it by a silly challenge from Howard. defenders didnt help him out but he didnt have to dive in like that.

We were shocking first half but much better for the first 20mins of the second, but then reverted back a little. Not too sure why Beckford was taken off as he looked very lively and although he wasnt holding the ball up that well, replacing him with vaughan wasnt going to change that.

Fair result in the end in my opinion.

Felli motm by a mile.

Not too dissapointed with he draw but they are only back into it by a silly challenge from Howard. defenders didnt help him out but he didnt have to dive in like that.

We were shocking first half but much better for the first 20mins of the second, but then reverted back a little. Not too sure why Beckford was taken off as he looked very lively and although he wasnt holding the ball up that well, replacing him with vaughan wasnt going to change that.

Felli motm by a mile.

thought Maxi went down too easy to be honest, soft pen to give either way. Agree with the rest 100%

Edited by Matt

Felli motm by a mile.

Agreed about Felli, although Distin did ok too in bits.

After so bad first half, undeserved draw would done just fine for me. Then superstart on second and then losin 2 points on bit clumsy foul from Howard, leaves a taste of shit in my mouth. Well atl east vic showed that forst 15 minutes of second half that theres some potential in him. 2 bad that 15 minutes aint good enought, may be he will learn someday.

Felli motm by a mile.

Absolutely....he's a monster.

Win would have been great, but from where we were at half time a point is a satisfactory result.

With my (red) bro when we were kids the aggregate of the two games over the season was all important, and we've won that so I'll be phoning him shortly :P .

looking forward to Hafnia trying to big up the 442 after that first half. Absolutely terrible first half performance where our midfield were totally overrun. Second half, Anichebe goes out wide, we come out with a positive attitude and play 451 and we suddenly totally dominate and should have easily won the match but for a poor and fairly soft penalty conceded. Good to see Arteta starting to get back on form, he wasn't brilliant, but then again no one was, but he was a lot, LOT better and actually helped the team get forward.

You cant blame crappy first half from 442, actually it was 441 cause anichebe was so totally lost there. Anichebe showed about 15 min in the beginning of second half that he can some day have what it take to be a prem league footballer, but not yet. Mikel had bit better day but like you said he wasnt brilliant. He came again too deep on our half and he seems not just cant let Fellaini do his job there. Mikel should be upper to make our attacking bit faster, but maybe we will see that 442 diamond with Cahill there and Arteta benched, when TC is back.

edit: And i would really wanna see Bily starting left, not ossie and definitely not Vic, if we dont have other 2 attackers on the pitch. I think VIc should be up or bench. Hopefully whatever was wrong with saha today, is really really shortterm and hes back next game(and hopefully keep hes form what he had last 2 games)

Edited by LexKing

looking forward to Hafnia trying to big up the 442 after that first half. Absolutely terrible first half performance where our midfield were totally overrun. Second half, Anichebe goes out wide, we come out with a positive attitude and play 451 and we suddenly totally dominate and should have easily won the match but for a poor and fairly soft penalty conceded. Good to see Arteta starting to get back on form, he wasn't brilliant, but then again no one was, but he was a lot, LOT better and actually helped the team get forward.

Trying to big up the 4-4-2? You are talking nonsense. We stuck at 4-4-2 when we scored two goals! If a striker drops deep does that make him a midfielder? If baines overlaps the midfield does that make him a winger?

Fact is we played with two strikers for the vast majority of the match. Midfield was not over run, some pretty poor passing at times, osman playing as a wide man with our main goalthreat missing. A performance of endeavour, edgeof seat stuff, catching Liverpool on the break and vice versa

There's a saying "if you want something bad enough, you can make it happen"....well I think a 40,000 crowd, a king and 11 players really wanted that victory, and to be fair Everton really struggled to get going against that kind of passion, the script was a home win!

They(the shite)were up for it, and without some key players we got swept along for most of the first half, we had a couple of chances, only half chances at best, but if we'd scored we would have punctured their fragile momentum.

Second half we got that goal, and boy were they punctured, we deserved the 2nd and were the better team in the second half.

They were at home, the king was back, they had all the hype and they still couldn't beat us.

Probably a fair result over the whole game.Didn't think other than Fellaini, Howard and Baines that the players showed much.

At times in the second half we out passed liverpool with ease, do that against West Ham next week and we should be on our way to a massive 3 points.