• Seamus Coleman
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Leon Osman
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Jermaine Beckford
    • James Vaughan
    • Jack Rodwell

Current Player of the Year standings....

Baines 130

Coleman 118

Distin 111

Fellaini 88

Pienaar 85

Cahill 83

Yakubu 47

Howard 44

Jagielka 25

Osman 17

Arteta 12

Hibbert 7

Beckford 7

Rodwell 7

Neville 6

Gueye 3

Bilyaletdinov 3

Heitinga 2

Saha 1

MOTM winners....

Scunthorpe United (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Ham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Man City (A)...Tim Howard

Wigan (H)...Seamus Coleman

Chelsea (A)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (H)...Tim Cahill

Sunderland (A)...Steven Pienaar

Arsenal (H)...Seamus Coleman

Bolton (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackpool (A)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (H)...Ayegbeni Yakubu

Spurs (A)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (H)...Tim Cahill

Birmingham (A)...Leon Osman

Fulham (A)...Steven Pienaar

Brentford (A)...Seamus Coleman

Newcastle (H)...Sylvain Distin

Manchester United (H)...Tim Howard

Aston Villa (A)...Leighton Baines

Huddersfield (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wolves (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackburn (A)...Leighton Baines

Went with Distin, though Felliani was good as well.

Arteta was garbage per usual this season (should have looked into selling him to a Spanish team or rethink it this summer). Felt like Vic A. was lazy and only plays when he feels like it. Beckford is getting better but often has a woeful touch.

I quite liked the touch when the next thing the ball hit was the net :) .

I thought Fellaini played pretty well but not brilliant, moving Anichebe out wide made the single biggest difference and he had a hand in both goals. All of our attacking play went down his side and he worked hard, I'll give my motm to him.

I quite liked the touch when the next thing the ball hit was the net :) .

Had no problem with that one (though Leon's pass setup it up with only the keeper to beat). But Fellaini almost set him up in the 1st half he missed it. He will still fumble his touch if he has time to think. When he simply reacts (Scunthrope, Bolton) he has brillance. I think he pairs better with another striker (since Vic played left winger).

I thought Mikky was decent today.

Disagree. I think the problem he's got atm is that he'll sit quite deep and he'll pass the ball about, but he'll just sit there waiting for it back. He wont pass and move, just pass and wait. Which is the complete opposite from my MOTM Fellaini, who'll pass and move and get us moving up the pitch!

I gave it Felli, for the reasons already stated! Sometimes the ball just sticks to his feet, you think he's dallying on the ball and he's going to lose it but it just doesn't happen like that, he'll always come away with the ball or draw the foul.

Disagree. I think the problem he's got atm is that he'll sit quite deep and he'll pass the ball about, but he'll just sit there waiting for it back. He wont pass and move, just pass and wait. Which is the complete opposite from my MOTM Fellaini, who'll pass and move and get us moving up the pitch!

I gave it Felli, for the reasons already stated! Sometimes the ball just sticks to his feet, you think he's dallying on the ball and he's going to lose it but it just doesn't happen like that, he'll always come away with the ball or draw the foul.

Arteta got forward quite a bit and took a few risks with his passing, it was also his corner that created the first goal. I'm not saying he was vintage, but that's the best I've seen him play in a while. Much more like it. I think people are going a little ott about Fellaini, he played well against a mickey mouse midfield but he was hardly scintillating.

Arteta got forward quite a bit and took a few risks with his passing, it was also his corner that created the first goal. I'm not saying he was vintage, but that's the best I've seen him play in a while. Much more like it. I think people are going a little ott about Fellaini, he played well against a mickey mouse midfield but he was hardly scintillating.

If he played well against a mickey mouse midfield, then why did you say on the match topic that the midfield was overran?

If I wanted my Attacking midfielder, and arguably our most creative player to get forward 'quite a bit' I would not pay him what Everton are paying Arteta.

Can't argue with the corner comment but, 1/8(?) converted? In that case with Distin's 1/1 attempts to goals conversion rate he was phenomenal and should be our new striker!? Arteta has lost a bit of his bottle, how many 50/50's have you seen him go in for recently? Fear of getting injured? I don't know, he just isn't his old self!

Felli looked to be the only player that was up for it in the first half and was comfortably our best player.

We looked much better in the second half when we reverted back to 4-5-1

It seems Arteta is the new whipping boy now. I thought he did ok nothing more nothing less but people are on his case now because of his poor recent form.

I thought he did ok nothing more nothing less but people are on his case now because of his poor recent form.

Osman, Coleman, Beckford, Anichebe etc...OK is acceptable from time to time. But Arteta's the man we broke our wage structure for...we (rightly imo) expect more.

If he played well against a mickey mouse midfield, then why did you say on the match topic that the midfield was overran?

because in the first half when we had 442 it was. In the second half we dominated. All of you must have been watching a different game from me, Fellaini was our best midfielder but he wasn't THAT much better than Arteta imo and I hardly think he was a 'beast.' Just decent against the poorest Liverpool midfield you will ever see. First half the protection for our defence was non-existent and all the players were walking around like it was a pre-season friendly.

A man united fan and a Liverpool fan were waxing lyrical about Felli today. He is appreciated so much because he makes everything look so easy, from his positioning, to his first touch, his passing bar one, he is an immense prescence. He gets it down and initiates play. Opponents can't get near him at times. Clear man of the match for me.

Let's hope we can match Felli's wage demands and we don't have another Pienaar situation, because he's next in linefor contract talks isn't he?

Yeah we have supposedly already opened talks with him but I would be very surprised if he signs to be honest.

I think Piennar going could be the start of the end for this side now