IGNORED

West Ham

Finn balor

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care that we got a draw. That was a disgrace, we only started playing the last 15 minutes. No good pulling out all the stops against Man City and Spurs if we just don't look like we give a shit vs West Ham, every single player should hang their head in shame after that, as should Moyes. That Yakubu, shite isn't he...

didn't goto bed, kinda wish I did.. Bily played well which was good to see, glad to see him get a cracking goal with weaker foot too,.

However, we should be putting teams like West Ham away easily.. an upsetting performance, Arsenal next so therefore I'm predicting another draw.

What more could moyes have done!

He keeps Johny at center back.....most wanted that.

He plays Fellaini at holding mid.

He doesn't play Hibbert....some will be happy with that.

He begins and plays most of the game with two up front.

He obviously instructs Baines to take the lions share of corners.(or at least I think Baine took alot of them)

He's keeping Coleman in the team.

No! for me today there were two problems, west ham defended pretty dam well and secondly WE (the players) were very poor, can't think of any who stood out....maybe Fellaini!

That result is the type of thing that could lead to Cahill walking straight back into his old role.

EVERTON.....for fuc%s sake stop expecting teams that you THINK are lesser than you, to roll over and let you win.If you don't give 100% every week, you/we will keep friggin drawing.....or worse :(

What more could moyes have done!

He keeps Johny at center back.....most wanted that.

He plays Fellaini at holding mid.

He doesn't play Hibbert....some will be happy with that.

He begins and plays most of the game with two up front.

He obviously instructs Baines to take the lions share of corners.(or at least I think Baine took alot of them)

He's keeping Coleman in the team.

No! for me today there were two problems, west ham defended pretty dam well and secondly WE (the players) were very poor, can't think of any who stood out....maybe Fellaini!

That result is the type of thing that could lead to Cahill walking straight back into his old role.

EVERTON.....for fuc%s sake stop expecting teams that you THINK are lesser than you, to roll over and let you win.If you don't give 100% every week, you/we will keep friggin drawing.....or worse :(

Personally, I'd have taken Anichebe off not Becks at half time, but's that neither here nor there.

This match is just one in a long list this season where we have under achieved, not played, not turned up, conceded sloppy goals, not been able to deliver that final ball, struggled in the final third and to get shots off on target, gave the ball away to easily, and so on, and so on.... In my opinion, the team has just got into the habit of under performing, and losing or drawing 'winnable' matches.

I'm still (and always will be) an Evertonian, but I'm finding it more and more difficult to support this team.

It saddens me because we had such high hopes at the start of the season, and we all know that we should be doing, and can do, so much better.

not good enough..simple as..coleman was poor at best today and has set his standards so high that it's a shock when he has a bad game..his positive energy is great and his never give up tryin attitude but that isn't enough when you keep leavin the ball behind...less said about arteta the better..

i fear for this team without fellaini(which is what i think it will be next year)

The fact that we are good enough makes it all the more annoying. Never seen such a Jekyll and Hyde team. Frustrating beyond measure.

Thats so damn annoying and true :( every1 else than felli and bily from subsbench were absolutely crap. No passion, no uhm fookin nothing. When we start with Ani we start with 10 players+ we had again disappointing Ossie on left, so badly underachieving Arteta(his set pieces again, holy crap, my mom could do the same, ok my dad at least) defenseline looked very shaky and somehow we just didnt wanna win this game today. We started to play only when the knife were already on out throat, about 15-20minutes before the end. I had bad stram today and didnt see whole game, but thats what this shite were looking today. No bar tonight, just thinkin about hanging myself on my EFC shirt :violent:

not good enough..simple as..coleman was poor at best today and has set his standards so high that it's a shock when he has a bad game..his positive energy is great and his never give up tryin attitude but that isn't enough when you keep leavin the ball behind...less said about arteta the better..

i fear for this team without fellaini(which is what i think it will be next year)

Would not be surprised if there was a lot more than Fellaini leaving in the summer. Most players will now realise that they can go no further with Everton and will look for pastures new.

Get money for transfers by releasing Arteta, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Vaughan, and Yakubu, bring in a decent striker and a decent winger.

We must try to sign Jarvis if the Wolves are going down, I was very impressed with him today.

Would not be surprised if there was a lot more than Fellaini leaving in the summer. Most players will now realise that they can go no further with Everton and will look for pastures new.

Get money for transfers by releasing Arteta, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Vaughan, and Yakubu, bring in a decent striker and a decent winger.

We must try to sign Jarvis if the Wolves are going down, I was very impressed with him today.

That flick was class!!! I'd have him here in a heartbeat but can't see us buying someone in the near future and no way wolves would loan him!

Finally watched the game properly now and I think we did some good stuff, especially before their goal BUT we made the same old mistakas in team selection and player roles that just stifles how we play.

I will start with the team sheet. Firslty if Saha was fit to play a whole half and not look uncomfortable then why wasnt he starting with Becks? Secondly, while I do rate Vic he plays the same way Cahill does when the ball gets knocked forward to him. He gets it under control (tries lol) and then lays it back or at beast sideways. Doing this allows the defence to get back and get settled because all the pace of the play has been absorbed by him playing with his back to goal and waiting for one of Felli or Arteta to get up to him so he can lay it off. On one occasion I remember him turning and playing a peach of a through ball and it very nearly set Beckford on his way.

As I say we made a good start, but still sat back far too much for my liking, especially against a relegation team. If you let them pass it about they can gain confidence and then they end up hurting you. If you press them high up the pitch, make them hoof it forward and starve their strikers of any real possession, their heads will drop. As soon as the goal went in some of the players heads dropped, the crowd got restless and arteta dropped deeper and deeper with Fellaini for some reason getting higher up the pitch.

Howard didnt really have too much to do, but he did it well and couldnt do anything about the goals.

Neville was crap again. Easily letting players get crosses in and he got caught out a couple fo times positinally as well. Not sure what going on with him tbh as he has been poor for the last few games. Maybe Spurs are turning his head?

Heitinga and Distin did pretty well in my book. Heitinga looked back to his old self and I dont think they were to blame for the goals. Our midfield had so many holes in it that the West Ham midfield could stroll through leaving them outnumbered. That is pretty much what happened whenever Felli was caught forward. I also liek the way Heitinga presses forward and breaks up plays by nicking the ball away from the attacker. He was probably my Motm tbh.

Baines did pretty well. He whipped in some quality free kicks, just a shame he could get a couple more corners under his belt as well.

Felli was brilliant and at times he was the only one who wanted it when our heads dropped. When he plays deeper he is one of the best players in that position in the world (and Moyes acknowledges that) yet why the fuck we decide to play him ahead of Arteta (1st half and early 2nd) is beyond me. Felli can do a job breaking forward but thats where Arteta excels (or used to) and he should be the one getting forward and in and aroudn the box. Felli can get forward occasionally BUT we look better defensviely, we keep the ball better and we play better when Felli is the designated holdng player. In my eyes we have to play to accomodate him in that role.

Arteta started well. He looked confident and got the ball going forward instead of sideways and looked like returning to the player we know and love but as soon as the goal went in he hid. Several times he was just walking when he should have been busting a gut to find space and then demand the ball. He didnt want it and that takes the piss. For the vice-captain to sink into his shell like that is pathetic. Things might not have been working for Coleman but he never hides and always gives his all.

Coleman had a stinker. No other word for it really. He certainly tried but nothing came off for him and IMO he should have been taken off for Saha (move Vic out right). He was also partly at fault for their first when not tracking the crosser. Every now and then a player is going to have a poor game but when you can see they are trying and are still working you can forgive them because you can see it is hurting them that they arent performing.

Osman was pretty good imo. He has unbelievable close control at times but I did think he cut inside too much. Its ok to drift in there every now and then but Baines ended up getting swamped on occasions because Osman was caught out of position.

Vic had an ok game. The service to him at times was terrible but I think the way he plays doesnt help us attack, unless he is going to use his strength and turn defenders. I would also add that we have seen him play his best on right wing cutting inside, mainly because he completely out muscles the full back in the air and when the ball is at his feet. This isnt anywhere near as easy for him against CB's and because of the pressure its harder for him to control the ball properly. I thought with Coleman playing below average, it was a good opportunity to get 3 strikers on the pitch and get Vic to demolish Bridge. I do wish he would stay on his feet more though...

Beckford seemed to be doing alright. Not really sure why he was taken off, especially when you consider he was the only one getting the chances. Its even stranger considering him and Saha played so well against Spurs? Very odd and a shame. No doubt his confidence will have taken a massive hit again there.

Saha looked lively when he came on. Initially when he played alongside Vic the kept looking for the same channels to sit in and the same can be said with Felli to an extent. Hopefully him and Beckford start together against Chelsea.

Bily had brilliant little cameo. He scored a cracker (Pienaar would never have done that) and he used the ball well and had Arteta played it to him at the death we might be sitting here moaning with 3 points if his first strike was anything to go by. Im glad to see him get some game time and do something with it. Long may it continue.

Overall, it was another poor performance but at least some of the players showed some bottle to claw it back at the end. Who is to blame? Well Moyes should take the brunt, we pretty much reverted back to the predictable way we were playing with Cahill in the team, only Vic isnt as good at it, the midfield balance is all wrong and the substitions were for the wrong people imo, even if the ones coming on were correct. Certain players should shoulder blame as well mainly Arteta, Neville and im afraid Coleman cant be excused from that list.

I personally dont think Moyes has a clue about how he wants us to play and the longer that continues the longer we will struggle.

howard was at fault for their first goal for me...saying he could do nothing about it is letting him off a bit too easy...he either has to come for the ball when it's played or not and he waits then comes..that allows the cross to the player who then has an open net..just thought i'd stick that in there as i've just read your report :D

Where/how did you watch the game?! I couldn't see the game, been trying to find a Download on the net

I watched parts of it on a stream live and then recorded football first but only managed to catch up yesterday.

howard was at fault for their first goal for me...saying he could do nothing about it is letting him off a bit too easy...he either has to come for the ball when it's played or not and he waits then comes..that allows the cross to the player who then has an open net..just thought i'd stick that in there as i've just read your report :D

I could blame Howard for a few things this season but I dont think it was his for the first (well maybe very midly). At the end of the day if Coleman had tracked his man, the ball wouldnt have been crossed and there would have been no goal.