IGNORED

Where Do We Go From Here?

You think Taarabt would turn down a chance to play in the PL? Do what every club does, unsettle a player, they hand in transfer request. Give him what he's on at the minute plus a bit more and bingo. Becchio is a good player, Austin is a proven goalscorer at a relatively modest team.

yeah i saw that game at the weekend, and Taarabt looks a very good player indeed, but QPR are top of the league and have loads of money, so i doubt he would want to come to us tbh, but Becchio might, and he looks decent

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think Taarabt would turn down a chance to play in the PL? Do what every club does, unsettle a player, they hand in transfer request. Give him what he's on at the minute plus a bit more and bingo. Becchio is a good player, Austin is a proven goalscorer at a relatively modest team.

Yes, I think he'd rather stay at QPR and do it with them. They've got more financial clout than we do for gods sake, so we probably couldn't afford to pay him more than he's on there :lol:.

Austin's a proven goalscorer at a relatively modest team (and level I might add) you say? So was Beckford.

Becchio is a good player but we need better than good to drag us out of this mess.

This mess? You mean 4 points of 7th. Your acting like we're 10 points adrift of safety. Beckford has done ok when he's been playing. We can't afford any better, we have little money, can't offer brilliant wages. I'm sure Iniesta, Xavi and co. can't wait to hear we've put a bid in.

This mess being we're playing like shite when we come up against sides around us, we do need to pick up points against those sides you know, it'd help us a great deal seeing as there are more shite sides in this league than good ones. I'm not acting that way at all, if that's what I thought then I sure as shit would have said it. Beckford's done OK? He's there to score goals ffs, that is the basic function of a striker is it not? And that is the reason you said we should look at Austin, because he's a proven goalscorer in a lower league, just like Beckford.

If we can't afford better, i.e. players who will improve us, then we may as well save on the wages if they aren't actually going to add anything. It's pointless.

Show me where I said anything about Xavi etc. Clown.

Where did Lescott, Cahill and Jagielka come from? One we sold for £24m, Cahill is our top scorer and Jagielka is constantly linked with a £15m move to Arsenal.

Jagielka had played in the Premiership before. I don't believe Lescott or Cahill had only proved themselves at League 1 standard had they?

This mess? You mean 4 points of 7th. Your acting like we're 10 points adrift of safety. Beckford has done ok when he's been playing. We can't afford any better, we have little money, can't offer brilliant wages. I'm sure Iniesta, Xavi and co. can't wait to hear we've put a bid in.

Will 6 points do then :( At the end of the day we are playing shite and if it continues we will end up in a relegation dogfight we have no money to bring in players that will improve us all those you mention will require a fee and Moyes has already stated thats a no go.

I suppose the best we can hope for is that the lads turn a corner on recent showing looks a long shot and kick on, What worries me is next season and so on with club's around us spending and improving we will just be left behind.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Why is everyone so pessimistic? We played poorly against West Ham, thats one game. Even Barcelona have a bad game. 4 points off Europe with some overchieving teams above us. And Romey your totally missing the point. Two of our best players have come from the Championship, we're not too good to look down there. We need to look for to bargains, whats wrong with having a look at Becchio or Boothroyd? They wouldn't cost much and they wouldn't demand high wages.

people are pessimistic cos we are not picking up points were we should be..shite teams at home and we are struggling to draw..it isn't as doom and gloom as some are saying i will agree but i can't see us gettin these 7 points you are goin on about..we pick up points against good sides then wreck any possible momentum by dropping points against shite

Why is everyone so pessimistic? We played poorly against West Ham, thats one game. Even Barcelona have a bad game. 4 points off Europe with some overchieving teams above us. And Romey your totally missing the point. Two of our best players have come from the Championship, we're not too good to look down there. We need to look for to bargains, whats wrong with having a look at Becchio or Boothroyd? They wouldn't cost much and they wouldn't demand high wages.

We have no money have you read anything Moyes has stated lately if there is a fee involved it is not happening its as simple as that I agree those players may be suprise packages but they won't come in and improve our starting 11 which is what we need and sadly what we can't have.

Although I agree we are not a long shot off the European places but we need other's to drop points along the way and at the moment we are playing shite, We had a very good game against Spurs granted but other then that we struggle to beat the teams that matter, You can do the double on all the top four sides and it will mean fuck all come the end off the season if all your picking up is one point every other game against lesser opposition.

We have no money to bring in good players a manager who seems reluctant to give new things a go i.e youth, We looked second rate against a Westham side that would look average in the Championship and I'm struggling to see things turn around on a sixpence, I'm not being a doom merchant just realistic.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Why does everyone think that David Moyes has the monopoly on talent spotting in the lower leagues?

We stole a march on other teams not because we realised that there was a wealth of undiscovered talent, but because that was the level we had to operate in whilst others chose to buy proven quality. One way or another the league levels are about evolution, players are at the level they are because of the blend of talent they have. Every now and then there is a kid who shows potential that demands interest - latest is the kid at Southampton.

The best players have a balance of athleticism, technique and work rate. The one manager who time after time uncovers these gems is Arsene Wenger, does he shop in league one very often?

The competition in the game now is frightening, there is not many 10-14 year old academy players that most clubs do not know about let alone professional players. It is massive business. I know a coach at Crewe, he said his contact at Everton knows pretty much about every player going and that the days of pinching a potential world class player from the lower leagues is highly unlikely. At every youth game, near every league game there are representatives from the premier league clubs.

In short, we are shopping at lower league level because we have to, the chances that they will turn into another Cahill, Lescott or Jags is unlikely, and these were players who were well known as being able to make the step (Jags had played prem level in a variety of position, Lescott was well known in the game pre "knee injury" and Cahill impressed against the top in the FA cup run for Millwall.

I look forweard to the day when we buy proven premier league "class" again...

Theres plenty of talent from the lower leagues still about. I'm not talking about pinching 17, 18 years olds. I'm talking about getting developed players from the Championship or a younger lad from League One and giving them a try. We can't buy an established name, we havn't got the money, so the best we can do is try and find a bargain from the lower leagues.

And on the league table subject, every team drops points. Lets say, hypothetically, we go on a good run similar to last season, we would be well in the mix. Its not all doom and gloom. We have a great squad, a good manager, some great youngsters coming through and there are hundreds of clubs who would take where we are.

Theres plenty of talent from the lower leagues still about. I'm not talking about pinching 17, 18 years olds. I'm talking about getting developed players from the Championship or a younger lad from League One and giving them a try. We can't buy an established name, we havn't got the money, so the best we can do is try and find a bargain from the lower leagues.

And on the league table subject, every team drops points. Lets say, hypothetically, we go on a good run similar to last season, we would be well in the mix. Its not all doom and gloom. We have a great squad, a good manager, some great youngsters coming through and there are hundreds of clubs who would take where we are.

Who in the lower leagues that will improve us in your opinion? of which we can afford...

Who in the lower leagues that will improve us in your opinion? of which we can afford...

whatever happened to that kid at peterborough..mmm...ahh yes mclean? and there was another one was it boyd, although i do agree that very few lower league players will improve us, i just remember them both scoring alot of goals

just looked mclean is at hull, and boyd is still at peterborough

Edited by theprisoner

West Ham was one game? Are you for real? Have you been to many Everton games this season or even watched them? Because I've watched every game bar the Scunthorpe game and I'll tell you there have been many games just like the West Ham game. "thats one game" my arse!

You're the one missing the point. Cahill and Lescott were both considered to be the top players of that league at the time, Becchio probably wouldn't even get in the top 10. Also the prices quoted for Championship players has rocketed. You won't get a Tim Cahill for £1.75million now. I'll remind you that we've had to sell a player just so we can afford loan signings ffs. Becchio and Bothroyd may not cost much but we can't even afford not much, and I repeat, they will add nothing.

While you deal in ifs buts and maybe's I'm looking at the real world. We look toothless as fuck, no creativity, the balance in the side is all wrong, we're struggling to win games, some of our best players are looking shite, we have no money, we're losing players without being able to replace them, the manager looks likes a lost puppy on the touchline, he's making some very strange decisions.

So you keep dreaming, the rest of us will concentrate on what is actually happening and not what may be.

Yes I have seen Everton games this season, and yes we havn't been brilliant but all it takes is one win and we'll be up there. Anyone would think we've already been relegated, been deducted 25 points next season and sold all our players.

Any one would think it's best to stick your head in the sand and ignore the problems in the hope they go away... :rolleyes:

Just because people can see the reality of the situation doesn't mean they're saying we're already relegated. It's called looking at it without blue tinted glasses. It's not either or you know. I can see the negatives of our season but still support the club yada yada.

"All it takes is one win and we'll be up there." How long have we been saying that? How long will you keep saying it til you realise it's a shit season and we're actually not doing well?

You young lads don't know what a low is :lol: ....New Years Eve 1983 at Goodison...that was a low. The most depressing 0-0 draw in history against the might of Coventry in front of 13,000 odd :( (there were more but the ones who killed themselves by jumping off the top balcony weren't counted). We'd scored eleven goals in the first twenty-one games.

(Having said that we only had one point less than we had at the same stage this season :( )

Team that day was Southall, Stevens, Bailey, Ratcliffe, Mountfield, Reid, Irvine, Heath, Gray, King, Sheedy, Richardson....so maybe there's hope after all :) .

I'm looking at it positively, despite not having a cutting edge we are within touching distance of the Europa League spot. I'm willing to go out and say we will be playing in Europe next season.

Felli, we have lost touch with the the Euro places and are much closer to the relegation places, and as mark has said, to keep saying if we win a few games we will be back in the Euro place is rather foolhardy.

Only 5 wins in more than half the season does not bode well, you might say if we had turned half of those draws into wins we could be much higher, but likewise Mike has mentioned earlier about the amount of late goals we have scored to save many of the games, so if they had gone wrong we could now be sitting below West Ham.

Think we must accept that we are having a poor season and i cant see it improving, next season might be even worse if we lose some of our better players in the summer. ;)

Yes I have seen Everton games this season, and yes we havn't been brilliant but all it takes is one win and we'll be up there. Anyone would think we've already been relegated, been deducted 25 points next season and sold all our players.

spurs was one win

man city was one win

one win means fuck all if you follow it up by not beating shite the next game

Late equalizers, don't tell the whole story....we might miss 6 decent chances during a game and score in the 95 min.So did we snatch a point with the late equalizer or lose two by not taking our chances.Our form at the start of the season was pretty good, just couldn't score :( I think this has shaped our season.It's our own fault, I'm not trying to say it isn't.I think I recall Beckford one on one with the Sunderland keeper, last kick of the game.On the other hand we were lucky against West Ham, not just lucky but very poor.

We remember the bad games and tend to forget the ones where we were the better team, because being the better team gets you nothing.We out played Villa away and got nothing as an example.

The question was "where do we go from here"....I still say go to the next game, trust the players to turn the season around.I don't see we have much choice.

You seem to be forgetting the chances during the game that other teams have had. Liverpool hit the post, Man utd had wonder saves from Howard, even Wigan created a couple of quality chances. We might out 'play' teams but when you look at quality chances I would bet its been fairly even through out the season.

We have no money have you read anything Moyes has stated lately if there is a fee involved it is not happening its as simple as that I agree those players may be suprise packages but they won't come in and improve our starting 11 which is what we need and sadly what we can't have.

Although I agree we are not a long shot off the European places but we need other's to drop points along the way and at the moment we are playing shite, We had a very good game against Spurs granted but other then that we struggle to beat the teams that matter, You can do the double on all the top four sides and it will mean fuck all come the end off the season if all your picking up is one point every other game against lesser opposition.

We have no money to bring in good players a manager who seems reluctant to give new things a go i.e youth, We looked second rate against a Westham side that would look average in the Championship and I'm struggling to see things turn around on a sixpence, I'm not being a doom merchant just realistic.

Exactly

West Ham was one game? Are you for real? Have you been to many Everton games this season or even watched them? Because I've watched every game bar the Scunthorpe game and I'll tell you there have been many games just like the West Ham game. "thats one game" my arse!

You're the one missing the point. Cahill and Lescott were both considered to be the top players of that league at the time, Becchio probably wouldn't even get in the top 10. Also the prices quoted for Championship players has rocketed. You won't get a Tim Cahill for £1.75million now. I'll remind you that we've had to sell a player just so we can afford loan signings ffs. Becchio and Bothroyd may not cost much but we can't even afford not much, and I repeat, they will add nothing.

While you deal in ifs buts and maybe's I'm looking at the real world. We look toothless as fuck, no creativity, the balance in the side is all wrong, we're struggling to win games, some of our best players are looking shite, we have no money, we're losing players without being able to replace them, the manager looks likes a lost puppy on the touchline, he's making some very strange decisions.

So you keep dreaming, the rest of us will concentrate on what is actually happening and not what may be.

Exactly

spurs was one win

man city was one win

one win means fuck all if you follow it up by not beating shite the next game

Exactly

I might read threads late in the discussion more often as people seem to have already written my replies! :P

Felli, we have lost touch with the the Euro places and are much closer to the relegation places, and as mark has said, to keep saying if we win a few games we will be back in the Euro place is rather foolhardy.

Only 5 wins in more than half the season does not bode well, you might say if we had turned half of those draws into wins we could be much higher, but likewise Mike has mentioned earlier about the amount of late goals we have scored to save many of the games, so if they had gone wrong we could now be sitting below West Ham.

Think we must accept that we are having a poor season and i cant see it improving, next season might be even worse if we lose some of our better players in the summer. ;)

5 wins and we're only 4 points off Europe. You can take it as we havn't played well, or you can take it as if we do start playing well, we will be right in the mix. Heres the table:

Position Team Games Played Points

7 Blackburn 24 31

8 Newcastle 23 30

9 Stoke 23 30

10 Bolton 24 30

11 Liverpool 23 29

12 Blackpool 22 28

13 Everton 23 27

No-where near as bad as people are suggesting. And you could argue all but Liverpool are overachieving.

5 wins and we're only 4 points off Europe. You can take it as we havn't played well, or you can take it as if we do start playing well, we will be right in the mix. Heres the table:

Position Team Games Played Points

7 Blackburn 24 31

8 Newcastle 23 30

9 Stoke 23 30

10 Bolton 24 30

11 Liverpool 23 29

12 Blackpool 22 28

13 Everton 23 27

No-where near as bad as people are suggesting. And you could argue all but Liverpool are overachieving.

What are you talking about? Man city? If that was a boxing match it would have been stopped! We were lucky not to have conceded 5 goals against west ham (bottom team) battered by newcastle and you are optimistic ? Against Liverpool it should have been over at half time. We have no pattern or tempo to our play, and you ate talking about us as though it's a small blip. We have one of our main strikers on loan, just lost one of our key players and you suggest we are going to make some march. I pity your optimism!