IGNORED

Where Do We Go From Here?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 wins and we're only 4 points off Europe. You can take it as we havn't played well, or you can take it as if we do start playing well, we will be right in the mix. Heres the table:

Position Team Games Played Points

7 Blackburn 24 31

8 Newcastle 23 30

9 Stoke 23 30

10 Bolton 24 30

11 Liverpool 23 29

12 Blackpool 22 28

13 Everton 23 27

No-where near as bad as people are suggesting. And you could argue all but Liverpool are overachieving.

Behave yourself Felli we're more points behind than that, and your theory only stands up if everybody else continues to lose. :lol:

I do love it when you stroll into a thread and piss on someones chips :lol:.

Just keeping it real B) .

You don't get a European spot for the League Cup any more do you? :blink:

The winners do yes, if they don't qualify for the Champs League, so if Arsenal win it sixth place will open up. Runners-up don't get the place dunc so Brum or Wham won't get it if they lose to Arsenal in the final.

5 wins and we're only 4 points off Europe. You can take it as we havn't played well, or you can take it as if we do start playing well, we will be right in the mix. Heres the table:

Position Team Games Played Points

7 Blackburn 24 31

8 Newcastle 23 30

9 Stoke 23 30

10 Bolton 24 30

11 Liverpool 23 29

12 Blackpool 22 28

13 Everton 23 27

No-where near as bad as people are suggesting. And you could argue all but Liverpool are overachieving.

Sorry Felli, I'm gonna add my tuppence worth aswell. :D

I'm usually optimistic, but I'm afraid this season's form has somewhat shattered that.

In recent years, to qualify for Europe you need around 60 points. we have played 23 games and have 27 points, that means we have 15 games left and need around 33 points.

Current form 27pts/23games = 1.17pts per game.

Target form 33pts/15games = 2.2pts per game.

Thats pretty much twice the amount of points per game as we've been able to collect so far this season.

Another way, our form has to double.

Another way, we need to win 11 of our last (15) games, (4 loses-0 draws).

Considering our form , and our lack of goals, and our penchant for draws, and letting in sloppy goals, throw in a bit of optimism and "we do better in the second half of the season bs", even 1.5 pts/game would be an achievement. (1.5x15)+27=49.5... =50points.

(Of course, this season is a bit different in that some teams are doing better than expected and others worse...however...)

My prediction, is comfortably sitting in 10th place. And that's me being optimistic.

I love it when we play in Europe, more games, more excitement. Sadly, I think we're gonna have to wait a while before that kind of drama returns to Goodison.

Edited by wallwriter

I'd thought atleast one more person would be optimistic. Obviously not.

Optimism being a tendency to take a favourable or hopeful view - we would all like to be optimistic - many were at the start of the season. However Realism has hit home - we are not as good as we thought. Which relies on a pragmatic view on things "where are we? How can we get better?"

I'd thought atleast one more person would be optimistic. Obviously not.

I'm optimistic.....always am :) . We are (playing properly) better than eight teams that are currently above us...we're only four points off seventh. Sunderland would have to crumble a bit to let anyone in to sixth (although that's not out of the question given their recent history it's unlikely).

Arsenal win the Mickey Mouse, United win the FA Cup, we sneak seventh and Europa. Simple.

Win Europa next season, finish third in league, win Champions League 12-13/13-14/14-15/15-16/16-17/17-18 (six times), new 70,000 stadium, World domination :) .

I'm optimistic.....always am :) . We are (playing properly) better than eight teams that are currently above us...we're only four points off seventh. Sunderland would have to crumble a bit to let anyone in to sixth (although that's not out of the question given their recent history it's unlikely).

Arsenal win the Mickey Mouse, United win the FA Cup, we sneak seventh and Europa. Simple.

Win Europa next season, finish third in league, win Champions League 12-13/13-14/14-15/15-16/16-17/17-18 (six times), new 70,000 stadium, World domination :) .

Sounds realistic.

It's nonsense. There were LFC fans starting rumours on twitter and they've escalated. If EFC were close to administration there would be a lot more outgoings than Yak and Yobo on loan and Pienaar to Spurs.

That's not to say money isn't tight. According to this link there were two further charges (mortgage/loans?) filed in August and December 2010.

It's nonsense. There were LFC fans starting rumours on twitter and they've escalated. If EFC were close to administration there would be a lot more outgoings than Yak and Yobo on loan and Pienaar to Spurs.

That's not to say money isn't tight. According to this link there were two further charges (mortgage/loans?) filed in August and December 2010.

Not to mention it'd be all over the press.

Lets ignore everything that the press reports that is positive, but when something negative is written, you believe it like Gospel. :rolleyes:

What the hell are you talking about? Nobody believes anything because there's nothing to believe! It was a journalists idea of what Moyes could/should do, he wasn't saying it's going to happen.

Lets ignore everything that the press reports that is positive, but when something negative is written, you believe it like Gospel. :rolleyes:

When it's been lashing down for a week would you believe the forecast for continued rain or would you pay attention to the one reporting a heat wave?

If the numbers in that article were actually correct, and I don't really think we'd realize 50 million from those players, then at this stage I think that would be the best thing to look at come summer. We're looking shite and clearly lack the resources presently to do anything about it. If there are no buyers for the club (whatever the reasons) then DM will either have to take the kind of action suggested or he'll have to leave. Certainly won't do his career any good to get drug down into our financial mire and the inevitable slide down the table.

Who absolutely must stay?

Fellaini, Baines. Anyone else? Howard, maybe Neville? Not sure.

Who do we have that we can sell for real value?

Rodwell, Arteta, Jags. - I think for present purposes we could get away with that. We'd likely be able to bring in enough to prevent catastrophe. Might even be an argument that selling these three alone would do enough.

Who do we have that's not performing that we might make a bit of money on?

Billy, Heits, Saha, Yak and Yobo. Depending on who else we let go None of these are really crucial.

Who do we have that isn't probably worth selling?

Ossie, Hibbert, Beckford, Vic, rest of the youngsters.

It seems there is some merit in the idea, but as the article points out, I cant' really see Moyes even contemplating anything like this.

Assuming things don't drastically improve between now and the summer and assuming we avoid the drop, we are going to have to make some tough decisions to avoid a second season of shite. Not sure we would survive another season like this one. Players would surely start to want away in a real way. Can't really say I envy Moyes or the Board right now.