IGNORED

Where Do We Go From Here?

I doubt there is a word in the English dictionary that describes what happened today, and to get a draw out of it, well fuck knows tbh. So what now? lets face it the re-signing of Victor means we probably won't sign another striker, the only name we have consistantly been linked with is Eagles of Burnley, who lets face it, none of us really want to see line up for the blues. we can't just rely on Cahill to keep us out of the shit, he's not even here a the moment, manager is still making some strange selections, do we stick with 4-4-2 or back to 4-5-1 and the chairman/board have no money.

personally, i hate to say it, but i think we will struggle to stay up this year, we will do it but only just

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop the moaning, and look at things positively. We arn't far from Europe and the teams ahead of us are performing above expectations. We have some good players, they will come good. Felli will dave us. COYB.

Only a one hour flight to Belgium or France. ;)

Stop the moaning, and look at things positively. We arn't far from Europe and the teams ahead of us are performing above expectations. We have some good players, they will come good. Felli will dave us. COYB.

What the fuck have we got to look t in a positive light? This team is utter bollock. Apart from Fellaini, Baines, Disitn, Neville, Coleman and Ossie the whole lot can fuck off. Moyes and the players need to figure some shit out soon or we're going down down down.

I like to think I'm a positive kinda guy, but its hard at the moment. Why isn't Moyes putting pressure on his employers? I can see rough sea's ahead chaps. 8 Years of hard work, building a decent side is looking like a waste. I'd like to put it down to this crazy season. But I think I'd be sticking my cock in the sand if I did that.

get the board out how do the likes of blackburn, city, villa all get bought out when we have much more history and are a far bigger club than the others,kenwright pull your finger out or do one

Might just be a coincidence but none of those clubs are playing in a rickety old stadium that desperately needs revamping or knocking down

How can anyone be positive the season and not see it for what we are a overachieving club who are slowly losing their best players to either contracts age to transfer. Neville and Cahill have 2 more years left at this level how will they be replaced without money. Let's be honest we have lived for 7/8 years on Moyes great management some amazing judgement and luck with transfers but now we are on the downward slope and this only ends with us being back with dogs of war relegation fights. I will still support the Everton team whoever they are but I will only remember BK as broken promise at what we could have been.

We drew to West Ham, big deal. We played the worst I've seen this season yet we still got a draw. We are 4 points off 7th place. We have teams like Blackpool, Stoke, Bolton and Blackburn in front of us. We have one of the best starting 11's in the league, good depth, good youngsters coming through and a manager who knows how to handle this situation. We won't have a new owner, so its pointless arguing about one. We're stuck with Bill for the time being whether thats good or not. There's plenty to be positive about.

did we look poor against liverpool/spurs/manu/chelsea/city weve just got to get on with it hopefully with a new striker the rest of the team is ok.

Exactly. We have players capable of beating anyone and they've shown it.....the ridiculous lop-sided way the season has gone can hardly be put down to BK, love him or loathe him.

Exactly. We have players capable of beating anyone and they've shown it.....the ridiculous lop-sided way the season has gone can hardly be put down to BK, love him or loathe him.

tbh mike im starting to agree with you, i think Moyes might be the problem, not BK, yes i don't see how you can run a club with no money, i don't understand that, but the players motivatiation, tactics, and all that day to day stuff is down to Moyes, and he just seems lost half the time, i don't understand how he can't find one loan player in the whole of world football that is suitable for the club, that is down to the scouts and him and his knowledge of the game, which to me seems to be more and more limited.

We have got rid of 40-50k a week Pienaar and 40-50k a week Yakubu, so we have 80-100k a week space on our wage bill and atleast £3m on transfers. Surely we could have a look at some lower league players, someone like Charlie Austin, Luchiano Bechio, Adel Taarabt, Bailey from Charlton.

Well that sent shivers down my spine... and not good shivers.

Forget about Taarabt. QPR are rich as fuck and he's their best player, so forget being able to afford him.

Edited by Romey 1878

As I emptied my pockets this morning I fumbled upon my Season Card, about to place it back into my wallet I noticed the wording on the flip side. In bold White print on a Royal Blue background, spelt out SHARE THE BELIEF, well for many a year now I have been doing just that but now I am questioning what belief?

I fear that this club is being strangled from within and is beginning to implode. Without stating the bleeding obvious, well yes I will actually, the serious lack of funding is beginning to take it's toll. Whilst others are able to start their building processes due to an input of cash, we seem to be happy to sail along on a sea of banality. It is not just what is happening on the pitch but off it that affects the whole atmosphere and lack of positivity. Take this for example, from a shareholder, not a prawn sandwich brigade shareholder but a regular fan like you and me, the reason for the Birmingham game being postponed on Boxing Day was the escalating charge of fuel costs and a plan to cut this cost by using less heating resulting in burst pipes. If true then totally embarrassing and inept business. Complaints this weekend of catering equipment not working and fans not able to purchase suitable food and drink. Now this may be of no importance or relevance to some BUT it shows the lack of business acumen required to be successful, it all has a knock on effect. Kenwright's apparent restraining regulations (again may be only rumour) on future purchase of the club may be having a more detrimental affect on anybody purchasing the club rather than using a dilapidated, antiquated stadium and the cost of buliding a new one.

On the pitch, we have a decent, not great team, and can be a match for most on our day but as people have indicated this is not good enough for those SHARING THE BELIEF. At the start of this season Moyes highlighted that this is the best squad he has had in his tenure at Goodison since which we have lost Yobo, Yakubu and Pienaar and replaced them with...............well no-one really. Is this the start of dismantling all the good work to assist the creditors? Who knows.

As I placed my season card back into my wallet and looked again at the bold statement of SHARE THE BELIEF, I thought of course I shall, I always have and always will but I am under no pretence that I may be sharing it for an awful long time.

What the fuck have we got to look t in a positive light? This team is utter bollock. Apart from Fellaini, Baines, Disitn, Neville, Coleman and Ossie the whole lot can fuck off. Moyes and the players need to figure some shit out soon or we're going down down down.

the team is bollocks, except more than 50% ? er....right.... rolleyes.gif

get the board out how do the likes of blackburn, city, villa all get bought out when we have much more history and are a far bigger club than the others,kenwright pull your finger out or do one

Blackburn havent had time to prove that theyre a waste of time and money yet, Villa have won sod all despite their multi-millions and Citeh, 3 years later and close to 400m are fighting for the EPL, which they wont win. So, theyve got money but theyve won....? A higher position in the league table, and that only applies to City. Another example is Sunderland, theyve spent millions over many years now and have won....?

Very well put Mike, and Patto above him.

Blackburn havent had time to prove that theyre a waste of time and money yet, Villa have won sod all despite their multi-millions and Citeh, 3 years later and close to 400m are fighting for the EPL, which they wont win. So, theyve got money but theyve won....? A higher position in the league table, and that only applies to City. Another example is Sunderland, theyve spent millions over many years now and have won....?

And Sunderland are 6th and 7 points clear of 7th. That was us a couple of seasons ago. Do you think that Sunderland are a better club & team than Everton?

Only a small handful of teams have actually won anything over the past 10 years but success for the rest of us (sadly) can be measured by top 6 in the PL, European footy and a few good cup runs.

And Sunderland are 6th and 7 points clear of 7th. That was us a couple of seasons ago. Do you think that Sunderland are a better club & team than Everton?

Only a small handful of teams have actually won anything over the past 10 years but success for the rest of us (sadly) can be measured by top 6 in the PL, European footy and a few good cup runs.

theyve just sold Bent, you think theyre going to stay there? My point wasnt this season anyway, theyve spent a fair bit of money quite often (look at when Keane was in charge) and achieved more than we have. Money doesnt neccessarily buy success, weve proven that the majority of years DM and BK have been in charge. Do we need investment? Of course. But we have a team that have proven many times that we can compete with the best, just for some reason they decide not to show up against the mid-lower league teams. Thats our biggest problem, not the money.

But we have a team that have proven many times that we can compete with the best, just for some reason they decide not to show up against the mid-lower league teams. Thats our biggest problem, not the money.

completely agree with this, moyes seems to get the players motivated for the big games but can't get the same attitude, workrate and performance out of them against lower quality opposition where we are expected to have more possession and chances on goal

So ok!...WERE HAVING A BAD SEASON!.....Sorry for shouting, but it's either that or bang my head against the wall, and I need the brain cells.

I'm going to add a few thoughts, and I know they will/or can all be rubbished, but what the hell!

People go on about all these players that are leaving.....well it's only Pienaar at the moment surely, that's because he's out of contract and wants a massive pay rise, he's gone to a team who couldn't beat us this season, if we'd been sitting in 5th place just above Spurs......he would still have gone, HE WANTED A PAY RISE!

Yobo and the Yak are still our players, we can call them back and they are off the wage bill at present, we can sell them or use them.Moyes at the moment chooses not to play them and that's just the way it is.

Don't we just know that every time the Yak scores for Leicester, it's going to be mentioned 50 times......Come on, the Yaks playing on hype at his new club, he's the big star, the defending probably isn't prem standard.If it re-awakens his goal scoring, then his price goes up or he comes home.

Suddenly we are an aging club!...dam it Gerrard and Carrigher are getting bloody younger.

Every club has it's share of young and old players.....at least Evertons academy/youth team are top of the table having lost 1 in 15.

Rodwell, Coleman, Anichebe and Vaughan are probably going to improve in the next couple of seasons.

Finally, yes, 13th place is poor, we have been inconsistant, but just two of those many draws as wins would put us 7th.That's 7th even in a poor season, which is really down to not scoring enough.

We've had a couple of really poor games, West Brom and West Ham spring to mind, but we've also out played a few teams this season and only drawn with them, it's a fine line we tread and we are at the moment the wrong side of it.

I just can't believe the doom and gloom some like to preach.Beat Chelsea and we can win the FA Cup, score a few goals and we can finish top 7.

I don't blame anyone for being pissed off with how things are going and can we ever forget we have NO money........I'm just glad my glass seems far from empty.

I wouldn't bet against a win on Saturday, then who knows.

Finally, yes, 13th place is poor, we have been inconsistant, but just two of those many draws as wins would put us 7th.That's 7th even in a poor season, which is really down to not scoring enough.

We've had a couple of really poor games, West Brom and West Ham spring to mind, but we've also out played a few teams this season and only drawn with them, it's a fine line we tread and we are at the moment the wrong side of it.

Sure, it's easy to say that had things turned out differently, we'd be 7th. but, we're not. The argument that our squad is so good and ought to be challenging for Euro or CL places is utter bollocks until they actually do. Good squads put away lesser teams, something we've not done this year.

I hope we turn it around, and I hope we beat Chelsea this Saturday. But, somehow I just don't see it happening, especially with no one coming in this January.

Sure, it's easy to say that had things turned out differently, we'd be 7th. but, we're not. The argument that our squad is so good and ought to be challenging for Euro or CL places is utter bollocks until they actually do. Good squads put away lesser teams, something we've not done this year.

I hope we turn it around, and I hope we beat Chelsea this Saturday. But, somehow I just don't see it happening, especially with no one coming in this January.

As you say, sure it's easy to say had things turned out differently!......that's why I used such a tiny, tiny......example, two of our many draws, quite a few of those we could have won .Only two games I was talking about, and in the present crazy prem that it is, we would have been 7th.

We can go on forever talking doom and gloom it seems, but we can't just for a moment talk about if we'd turned many chances into a couple of extra goals.

Like I said before, the people slagging Everton, the manager, the chairman and the board have their points and I suppose that's what forums are for.

I think we can beat Chelsea.....motivations what's been lacking + Artetas form + scoring a few more goals.No reason why that come right this weekend.

We could get two new faces in this January, one might be crap, the other get injured.

On the other hand, Arteta might start earning his money and Beckford might start whacking a few into the net, both are possible.

We've actually been closer to losing a fair few of our draws rather than looking like turning them into wins. Late equalizers v United (91,92), Bolton (94), Sunderland (83), Chelsea (86) and West Ham (91).....without which things would be looking a whole lot worse.

At least it proves that the player's heads aren't down and they're playing 'til the end :unsure: .

i think its fair to say we should be at least ten points better off than we are but most teams will probably say this. But FIVE wins all season is pathetic. Even the top managers in the game will say even if they have won everything you still need to spend to freshen the squad up and for us not to have spent a penny in three seasons is obscene to our supporters when it is evident a striker who Moyes really wanted could have proven the difference between where we are and the top five. We have missed the boat a number of seasons through bill (Moyes first season proper when we finished seventh) Champs league and the last two seasons. Christ we dont want or expect the earth but give us something because everytime i see sky sports breaking news saying Stoke have bid another 6-8 million for a it striker pisses me off :angry:

Edited by Finn balor

We've actually been closer to losing a fair few of our draws rather than looking like turning them into wins. Late equalizers v United (91,92), Bolton (94), Sunderland (83), Chelsea (86) and West Ham (91).....without which things would be looking a whole lot worse.

At least it proves that the player's heads aren't down and they're playing 'til the end :unsure: .

Late equalizers, don't tell the whole story....we might miss 6 decent chances during a game and score in the 95 min.So did we snatch a point with the late equalizer or lose two by not taking our chances.Our form at the start of the season was pretty good, just couldn't score :( I think this has shaped our season.It's our own fault, I'm not trying to say it isn't.I think I recall Beckford one on one with the Sunderland keeper, last kick of the game.On the other hand we were lucky against West Ham, not just lucky but very poor.

We remember the bad games and tend to forget the ones where we were the better team, because being the better team gets you nothing.We out played Villa away and got nothing as an example.

The question was "where do we go from here"....I still say go to the next game, trust the players to turn the season around.I don't see we have much choice.

Well how can we help the team, financially? May be if every supporter at the gates of goodison donated a pound towards DM's transfer ability and may be Everton supporters who are business owners can put out a tin for people to put some money in. I know it would be unpopular, but we are the people's club and I would be personally willing to donate.

Well that sent shivers down my spine... and not good shivers.

Forget about Taarabt. QPR are rich as fuck and he's their best player, so forget being able to afford him.

You think Taarabt would turn down a chance to play in the PL? Do what every club does, unsettle a player, they hand in transfer request. Give him what he's on at the minute plus a bit more and bingo. Becchio is a good player, Austin is a proven goalscorer at a relatively modest team.