IGNORED

Moyes To Leave!?

Hafnia

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We as blues know. David Moyes is a man of principle... There is no way Kenwright or that would sack him, hes too well thought of, and to be fair, could he sack him, hes hardly helped him out the past two years regarding transfers.. If Moyes was ever to leave us, it would be int he summer, when he knows we then have time in pre season to look elsewhere, as Matt said BS

it would cost around £14 million to sack Moyes. Only way he's leavin is if he walks

Thats what the article was getting at, him being that pissed he just walks away probobly into a better job! Martin O Neil to take over what the fcuk he left Villa coz they had no money for him at least its made me smile!

just want to say that Liverpool only got their investment by selling their 'star' player before they could buy. Most of Evertonians dont want us to sell as im sure DM doesnt. But if we could sell 1 or 2 stars for 40m (easily possible i reckon) do you think we should?

Sell Rodwell for anything over £25m. Arteta for £10m. Jagielka for £15m. £50m to spend on the squad. Done. :D

Sell Rodwell for anything over £25m. Arteta for £10m. Jagielka for £15m. £50m to spend on the squad. Done. :D

with Arteta's new contract I imagine we would be getting more than 10m for him....

@ Marco, no reason we couldnt sell both. Arteta's just wasting oxygen and Rodwell will never get a decent chance whilst Felli is in such good form. Put Ossie in the ACM role, he seems to thrive there.

Edited by Matt

i wouldn't wanna sell both i don't see rodwell as a felli type player i see him as more the arteta type who can drive the team forward from midfield so i'd rather keep one of them two as i wouldn't fancy having just osman as our option there

dont think Rodwell has the quick feet for ACM. Wouldnt just be Ossie, Bily could get a go there too. I know what you mean though...

just want to say that Liverpool only got their investment by selling their 'star' player before they could buy. Most of Evertonians dont want us to sell as im sure DM doesnt. But if we could sell 1 or 2 stars for 40m (easily possible i reckon) do you think we should?

I'd sell one big name player if, and this is a big if, every last penny was there for Moyes to spend. It's looking like that player will be Felli if he won't sign a new deal by the summer.

I'd sell one big name player if, and this is a big if, every last penny was there for Moyes to spend. It's looking like that player will be Felli if he won't sign a new deal by the summer.

agree, but we know thats not likely, unless DM threatens to leave. How much for Felli in the current market though, enough to get 2 - 3 class players for the positions we need?

And so the cycle continues...never thought everton would be a west ham. Some teams add to their best players, we sell the best to supplement the squad.

The players that should go are the ones that add no value. Billy, Anichebe, yak (if we get £7m plus) yobo, total £20m ish.

Rodwell, Felli, arteta should be kept. Simple as that. People are talking about rodwell as if to say he is a let down? He is still a kid, he needs another season of continuity to be evaluated properly.

And so the cycle continues...never thought everton would be a west ham. Some teams add to their best players, we sell the best to supplement the squad.

The players that should go are the ones that add no value. Billy, Anichebe, yak (if we get £7m plus) yobo, total £20m ish.

Rodwell, Felli, arteta should be kept. Simple as that. People are talking about rodwell as if to say he is a let down? He is still a kid, he needs another season of continuity to be evaluated properly.

Every club sells in this league, and most, to bring in new players, with the exception of Citeh / Chelski / Real. Utd did it, the shite did it, its how business works.

Completely agree in theory with the players to get rid of and i wish that was the case. But, Vic just got a new contract so he's not going, Bily wont be attracting people, Yak seems to be going for less than that, and Yobo i heard was 5m.

Im only saying Rodwell should go as he will bring in the biggest sum, second to Felli, and we need big sums from as few players as possible. If you ask me who to keep, its Felli everytime and Rodwell wont play regularly as long as Felli is fit, so then cash in now, no point in banking on potential, we cant afford it. Arteta is having a crap season but has proven himself and would get into double figures easily.

I think Moyes see Rodwell as Cahill's replacement and would be looking to play him in that advanced role with Arteta and Felli behind him.

As Hafia said in theory we would sell our dead wood bring in 20 mill. We could use that buy a decent winger and striker and then maybe a couple of Bosman transfers, in theory it sounds so simple :blink: .

dont think Rodwell has the quick feet for ACM. Wouldnt just be Ossie, Bily could get a go there too. I know what you mean though...

steven gerrard doesn't have particularly quick feet but he can drive a team on..i'm more referring to his goal against utd that is the kind of midfielder we need at the moment someone to get the ball and power forward with it

i'd prefer bily to replace cahill in the long run..he's tall and can head the ball, great feet and isn't afraid to shoot..would add a dimension cahill doesn't although you would lose the work rate...he only turns 26 this month and if and i mean IF moyes can get him playing in the centre i have every faith

Edited by marcopaulo

steven gerrard doesn't have particularly quick feet but he can drive a team on..i'm more referring to his goal against utd that is the kind of midfielder we need at the moment someone to get the ball and power forward with it

i'd prefer bily to replace cahill in the long run..he's tall and can head the ball, great feet and isn't afraid to shoot..would add a dimension cahill doesn't although you would lose the work rate...he only turns 26 this month and if and i mean IF moyes can get him playing in the centre i have every faith

Dont think he'll be here for the long run, wont be surprised if he's back on the bench for the Blackpool game.

Dont think he'll be here for the long run, wont be surprised if he's back on the bench for the Blackpool game.

hope not. Moyes has given other players (namely Saha and Arteta) massive amounts of game time whilst theyve been crap in a bid to get them back to form. Bily needs to play week in week out to stand a chance.

Bily needs to play week in week out to stand a chance.

Sorry, but for me the phrase, "Flogging a dead horse" springs to mind.

I've seen nothing to suggest he's going to make a decent long term contribution...he reminds me of a kid (my lad actually was very much this when he was younger) who has talent but not the confidence or the bravery to use it. "Flying in training," which he claims he has been, is easy.

Having said that...pleeeeeaaaase prove me wrong Diniyar mate :) ! Was so excited by his debut v Athens. Has he taken a corner since :mellow: ?

Sorry, but for me the phrase, "Flogging a dead horse" springs to mind.

I've seen nothing to suggest he's going to make a decent long term contribution...he reminds me of a kid (my lad actually was very much this when he was younger) who has talent but not the confidence or the bravery to use it. "Flying in training," which he claims he has been, is easy.

Having said that...pleeeeeaaaase prove me wrong Diniyar mate :) ! Was so excited by his debut v Athens. Has he taken a corner since :mellow: ?

Arteta has been given plenty of time and shown nothing that shows me he deserves to play. Bily has a had a few games in comparison. He has great feet and a cracking shot which I know we keep pointing out but the lad hasnt had a decent run. It took Felli 6 months of playing all the time to come good, same with Jags and Baines. The fact Bily hasnt had a run makes a huge difference.

said it before...i'd love to see a goals/time on pitch ratio cos he scored more than pienaar did for us in a lot less time on the pitch..a player with a knack for gettin goals is great to have..important ones too like the one against utd when we won 3-1 straight after goin 1-0 down he pops up with that...against portsmouth(ok meaningless game but still a last minute winner from nothing) and his first against stoke..and as for the corner thing he's can't be worse than arteta's

said it before...i'd love to see a goals/time on pitch ratio cos he scored more than pienaar did for us in a lot less time on the pitch..a player with a knack for gettin goals is great to have..important ones too like the one against utd when we won 3-1 straight after goin 1-0 down he pops up with that...against portsmouth(ok meaningless game but still a last minute winner from nothing) and his first against stoke..and as for the corner thing he's can't be worse than arteta's

spot on mate. Even Moyes came out admitting we were missing his goals. The only way he is going to get them is if he plays!!!

bily stats

accordin to this last season he got 9 goals in 29 starts and 8 sub appearances..1 goal every 4 appearances is a good return and that's if you include the sub ones of which i'm sure a few were about 2 minute jobs..biggest plus for me is that he actually shoots which a lot of times this season we fuck about with it on the edge of the area and i have no doubt if bily was there he'd take a pop