IGNORED

The Once A Year Takeover Rumour

So he's regurgitated his first conversation with evertonians for change outside St George's??? Change the record bill, start getting accurate on how long the club has been up for sale for starters.

The blue union do not want the same as you, they want someone else to sell the club as you have lost the trust of too many.

Wrong there Haf :

That we would assist the Owner, the Chairman, the Board and the Executive Officers in their endeavours to attract investment and/or a take over of the Club.

http://www.theblueunion.com/about-us

As for the too many, come on, a few hundred or even thousand is the vast minority.

Edited by Matt

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong there Haf :

http://www.theblueunion.com/about-us

As for the too many, come on, a few hundred or even thousand is the vast minority.

We are adamant in our aims that this board should appoint an autonomous group of professionals to oversee the sale of the club, who can sell the club to the right people, at the right price that is in the best interests of Everton Football Club, not a price that suits the board members and their shares.

We are adamant in our aims that this board should appoint an autonomous group of professionals to oversee the sale of the club, who can sell the club to the right people, at the right price that is in the best interests of Everton Football Club, not a price that suits the board members and their shares.

So they condradict themselves even on their official site blink.png Oh yeah, these guys know what to do doh.gif

Assist/oversee same thing. A very polite way of saying "move over you useless bunch of gits, you don't know what you are doing"

Its a contradiction. We want to assist you to find / We want you guys out of the way and someone else come in to find a buyer.... Not even close to the same thing.

Edited by Matt

Our custodians hardly sing off the same hymn sheet do they?

Thats not my point. Im not saying the board are faultless and I recognize the need for change - as do they, which theyve stated a few times, even before BU started their bitching and whining. However, I do think the board are better equipped to deal with the situation than a bunch of guys who are unhappy with whats going on. Why? Because theyve at least had experience in a surreal business and know how things work, whether any of you like it or not. BU have none of this, not even bad experience which, to be fair, a few of the board do. Either way, experience is experience and you can only learn from it if you have it. BU do not.

If the BU had come out and stuck to their initial "about us" points and conducted themselves maturely and professionally, I wouldnt have a problem with them. But frankly, they come across as more moronic and power-crazy than the people they want to oust! How can that be considered a good thing!?

Thats not my point. Im not saying the board are faultless and I recognize the need for change - as do they, which theyve stated a few times, even before BU started their bitching and whining. However, I do think the board are better equipped to deal with the situation than a bunch of guys who are unhappy with whats going on. Why? Because theyve at least had experience in a surreal business and know how things work, whether any of you like it or not. BU have none of this, not even bad experience which, to be fair, a few of the board do. Either way, experience is experience and you can only learn from it if you have it. BU do not.

If the BU had come out and stuck to their initial "about us" points and conducted themselves maturely and professionally, I wouldnt have a problem with them. But frankly, they come across as more moronic and power-crazy than the people they want to oust! How can that be considered a good thing!?

Why have people got it in their heads that the B.U think they are better equipped than the board?! They know they aren't but they know the board are useless and want professionals in to sell the club.

It's the bad experience that this board has that concerns me though, Matt. They've shown on countless occasions that they aren't all that good in their decision making. The list of fuck ups is actually quite embarrassing.

And like Haf said, the BU aren't saying they're the ones to sell the club, they want professionals to come in with the sole purpose of selling the club.

Why have people got it in their heads that the B.U think they are better equipped than the board?! They know they aren't but they know the board are useless and want professionals in to sell the club.

Because of the way they present themselves, the language they use. Anyway, I cant be arsed going around in circles....

http://www.evertonfc...right-interview

Might as well put this here i suppose....

Just read that!!! So which striker are we signing in Jan?67.gif

I think Donovan will be a loan target and I think we'll offer Wigan a very small fee for Rodellega with his contract ticking down.

...but for me 2 players who would vastly improve us are Segesson - perfect replacement for Pienaar in my opinion and Doyle would lead the line with Saha or Cahill playing off him in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 (however you like to look at it). Unfortunately each of these would probably cost a premium - never mind eh!!!

Thats one of the reasons why the Buffoon Union are a waste of space. How would you like it if someone was appointed to sell your house at a price that suited yor neighbours?

Im more concerned that BK keeps going on about investment he never actually says takeover does he? Something smells a bit wrong to me and if there is no money to spend in January i bet you its because an intrested party let the board down. I can already hear it now!!

Just on your point about the BU Duncanmckenzie i think everyone would agree you cant sell a house worth 90k for half a million quid and with what it took Bill to buy the club and the mess hes now got it into 120 million and the debt on top appears to be taking the piss thats why they want it looking into.

Edited by smeghead1

Because of the way they present themselves, the language they use. Anyway, I cant be arsed going around in circles....

Well stop losing sight of what they want!!! Why are so many people making assumptions about them? They want a group of professionals to oversee the sale of the club. Simple! They don't trust the board, they don't think they are better placed to run the club, they want people in who are.

It's the bad experience that this board has that concerns me though, Matt. They've shown on countless occasions that they aren't all that good in their decision making. The list of fuck ups is actually quite embarrassing.

And like Haf said, the BU aren't saying they're the ones to sell the club, they want professionals to come in with the sole purpose of selling the club.

How much is it going to cost to employ these professionals and how would they be any different than whatt Kieth Harris is doing?

Once again, I hope he's not bullshitting. Not long to wait to find out if the funds are there for January though, so we'll soon see.

I doubt he will be, with all the BU stuff and speculation the last thing Bill can afford to do is make another media mishap, if we get to January and no one comes in, it will be the final nail in his coffin imo,

Thats one of the reasons why the Buffoon Union are a waste of space. How would you like it if someone was appointed to sell your house at a price that suited yor neighbours?

A house I couldn't afford to run? a house who has has it's carpets, cupboards, bathroom furniture all sold off? A house that has 6 secured loans against that the banks are calling for? One that was bought for a snip years ago but I want a ridiculous amount for?

Errrrrr, I think based on the fact the everton isn't a house and emotionally belongs to the fans, I think those who have ran it into such a shambolic state should get their money back and piss off. £800 a share. Big blue kenwright eh, maybe before he talks himself as being some sort of super fan he should look at jack hayward.

A house I couldn't afford to run? a house who has has it's carpets, cupboards, bathroom furniture all sold off? A house that has 6 secured loans against that the banks are calling for? One that was bought for a snip years ago but I want a ridiculous amount for?

Errrrrr, I think based on the fact the everton isn't a house and emotionally belongs to the fans, I think those who have ran it into such a shambolic state should get their money back and piss off. £800 a share. Big blue kenwright eh, maybe before he talks himself as being some sort of super fan he should look at jack hayward.

And that kind of reasoning is precisely why nobody has got the time of day for the Buffoon Union

My parents bought their house for £35k when they got married its now worth around £400k, should they be forced to sell it for what they paid for and piss off?

You need to wake up and smell the coffee, as much as you love Everton you do not own a stake in the club and so therefore it is not yours and doesnt belong to you and so its none of your business how much its for sale for

People keep comparing Everton to Wolves and Kenwright to Hayward - there's not a comparison to make. Kenwright is only worth a small percentage of Sir Jack and Everton F.C is worth a lot more than what Wolves were at the time. Plus it's not just Kenwright there's Earl and Wood (is that the other one?) to consider and why would they give their shares away for nothing?

Not quite the same though is it... If I had been trying to sell my house for however many years Kenwright claims to have been, and still been unable to sell it, then having someone else come in and help me out certainly wouldnt go amiss. I believe these people are called estate agents lol tongue.png

How much is it going to cost to employ these professionals and how would they be any different than whatt Kieth Harris is doing?

I would hope it would be a lot different to what Keith Harris is doing considering what BK has said about some of the people he has introduced.

As Haf says, you would think any of these professionals would be very interested on with a commision based fee. Plus then it would give some confidence that they would still be trying to sell it for the best price. Its not as if the other shareholders (or BK for that matter) couldnt afford to pay for someone to sell the club properly if they really wanted to.

People keep comparing Everton to Wolves and Kenwright to Hayward - there's not a comparison to make. Kenwright is only worth a small percentage of Sir Jack and Everton F.C is worth a lot more than what Wolves were at the time. Plus it's not just Kenwright there's Earl and Wood (is that the other one?) to consider and why would they give their shares away for nothing?

Your right it is a lot different, but the claims of BK coming out and saying that he is doing all he can are clearly misleading. Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt expect him to be selling on the cheap, but dont claim to be some sort of Martyr when he isnt. For me, this would be a mute point if Kenwright would just keep his mouth shut.

Here's my house analogy...

Well the house is a hotel! It's been loved by the family for years but all of a sudden it's being poorly run by some crook who also owns another smaller local hotel and the performance of 'our' hotel is rocking and has a few close shaves of being demoted to a B&B! The customers aren't happy!!! Anyway you are in the position to stop this hotel being run into the ground by said crook but it will mean pushing your modest wealth (in the world of hotels) to the maximum and you may have to call on some wealthy friends to assist but surely this stability is better than that crook being in control? Anyway good news you've got the hotel and you've actually steadied the ship and brought in a new hotel manager who builds a strong team on a budget and this is one of the best hotels in the land again... but the hotel world is an ever changing one and there are more hotels being bought by very rich entrepreneurs from other countries and some of these hotels are better than ours and some are, although more glamourous, aren't actually performing as good as ours. With all this going on our hotel is still one of the finest in the country. Bit now many of these better hotels are in the world market and making a lot more money, for whatever reason our hotel isn't making this money and is in need a of huge refurbishment. The customers aren't happy again!!! You make it clear you want to sell the hotel but sadly it's not only yours to sell and although this hotel has a lifetime emotional tie to yourself the 2 other 'equal' stakeholders don't have this same tie. The way the world has changed means there are cheaper hotels in better economic areas that could be bought and propelled above ours - on occasions this has worked but on others it has gone horribly wrong. I love this hotel and can't allow it to be ruined, it needs massive investment and probably reloacting and I can't do this... but I need to live too and the other stakeholders need to be satisfied with the price we receive for it... what do I do?

Your right it is a lot different, but the claims of BK coming out and saying that he is doing all he can are clearly misleading. Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt expect him to be selling on the cheap, but dont claim to be some sort of Martyr when he isnt. For me, this would be a mute point if Kenwright would just keep his mouth shut.

Martyr - a person who sacrifices something of great value and especially life itself for the sake of principle. (Had to look this up!)

It doesn't matter how much of a sacrafice Bill makes really because the fact is Earl and Woods each own almost as much as him - there are at least 3 parties to satisfy here initially and although I can kind of see why people would expect Kenwright to make sacrafices, what are peoples expectations of Earl and Woods?

Edited by c1982