IGNORED

The Once A Year Takeover Rumour

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea if any of this story is actually true, however I have come across Indian deals before in my line of work, and they can sometimes take years because of minor details. So just because it is taking a while is no reason to think nothing is happening.

for example:

The Indians wanted an aeroplane and they were sold one by BAe. This aeroplane was everything that the Indians wanted. But time and tide wait for no man and developement continued. The latest and best versions of this aircraft are flown by the RAF and the Australian RAAF. The Indians have just recently started to take theirs. but they are unhappy with it. It is not as good as the RAF version. The reason being it took them so long to finalise the 'buying' paperwork they let the developement carry on without updating their order. They are getting what they ordered, it just so happens that the aeroplane they ordered is now out of date.

So it may take time for them to get sorted out in buying and/ or investing in a club like Everton. And as I mentioned above I have no idea if they are actually doing this.

So by the time they have bought us we will be in the market for a 40 year old Lionel Messi? biggrin.png

There's about 7 different Jain groups...all of which have been bombarded with fans laugh.png

I think i'm going to be pretty close in my prediction, that this isn't about a takeover at all, rather a development opportunity for the surrounding areas.

thats what made me think they may buy and rebuild goodison and rent it back to us.

and if their contruction firm rebuilt goodison to a good standard it could be a good advertisement for them, massive rent, and a nice profit after a few years.

much better than blowing money on a football club.

fuck it, anyone want to chip in? lets buy goodison! chelseas fans did it, why not us?

Let me get it right in my mind, to regenerate the area would make the club an attractive investment. I mean lets be honest for all the visitors to Liverpool to have a centralised "football quarter" would bring about tours, commercial opportunities etc etc, they would not exist without a successful club there.

They may want to go the whole hog and buy Everton, secure the backing of the council, and more likely engage Liverpool FC to put their contribution forward? Or alternatively create a joint venture, they invest in the quarter and have the benefits of the commercial ventures (shops, new housing etc) and give an ally the opportunity to own a club with the potential to draw in more match day income?

Personally this has to be an all in one venture, I think kenwright will be small potatoes in this deal as Green and Leahy will be all over the commercial opportunities to plonk a few of their stores in this area of redevelopment.

invest in the quarter and have the benefits of the commercial ventures (shops, new housing etc) and give an ally the opportunity to own a club with the potential to draw in more match day income?

I would think this is key, imagine the profit potential.. even when we are playing away the scheme could be generating vast sums of money for EFC, via Liverpools/away fans having a pre-match meal and a pint! .. stick a hotel in there somewhere and all these norwegian pool fans could probably generate enough cash to buy us a messi in a year.

you guys are going to be sick when we find out this is to buy a commemorative bench in Stanley Park or something....

On a more positive/deluded note - maybe its for the plans of the corporate thingy behind the Park End and car park behind Everton1 that seems to have disappeared

Edited by Matt

Didn't they only buy the pitch?

the pitch and four stands, but nothing else in the ground boundaries.

you guys are going to be sick when we find out this is to buy a commemorative bench in Stanley Park or something....

On a more positive/deluded note - maybe its for the plans of the corporate thingy behind the Park End and car park behind Everton1 that seems to have disappeared

the plans for that have been there for ages matt. kitbag and sudexo are the major players in that. its the clubs finances/mortgages stopping that.

Edited by StevO

I just HOPE it's not some awful mistake and the Indian Takeover turns out to be Indian Takeaway.

I'm going to be very prejudiced now and say that I'm just not convinced about India and Premier League football (in terms of ownership), and perhaps I'm tainted by Blackburn's recent takeover. 'Bhaji Talk' will never be the same!

On a more serious note, both Everton (and yes, Liverpool) are far more deserving of a new era with stadiums that put the clubs back on the map (even if that means staying at their current grounds, but seriously improving facilities). They can only do that with Council backing, new car parks, transport links and more. Everton and Liverpool's proximity is something both clubs could/should exploit. Make a play of it.

Stanley Park could be one again a great place to enjoy sport (of all kinds) embraced by both clubs at either end. Beautiful and spectacular.

I can truly see in my mind, an amazing park, with great places to eat, nightlife, illuminated stadiums and a place to go even for none football fans.

On a more serious note, both Everton (and yes, Liverpool) are far more deserving of a new era with stadiums that put the clubs back on the map (even if that means staying at their current grounds, but seriously improving facilities). They can only do that with Council backing, new car parks, transport links and more. Everton and Liverpool's proximity is something both clubs could/should exploit. Make a play of it.

Stanley Park could be once again a great place to enjoy sport (of all kinds) embraced by both clubs at either end. Beautiful and spectacular.

I can truly see in my mind, an amazing park, with great places to eat, nightlife, illuminated stadiums and a place to go even for none football fans.

You should get a place in our boardroom BS.wink.png

Edited by Bill

hehe @ Bill, I'm quite serious though...

Keeping Stanley Park as a proper area for folks to enjoy and not just 'selling it off' is important, but at the same time, just a big open park (as it is now) is hardly inspiring (in my opinion).

It would be fantastic to see people picnicking there, taking their kids, fountains etc etc - like a mini version of Central Park. Not necessarily all football related, but certainly making the clubs part of the 'wonder' of it. Maybe it's a pipe dream, but what a difference that could make to the area - AND improve house prices too. Of course, there's always the morons vandalising stuff, but deprived areas sometimes just need a boost sometimes.

There should be reasons to go to the clubs outside and matchdays - concerts, events, restaurants etc. I know money's tight but what else is gonna happen? the stadiums get older, Stanley Park stays uninspiring, the housing falls further and further behind?

I just wish the government / council and clubs could say "this WHOLE area needs a boost, and whilst we're not here to fund the clubs, they are a brilliant asset to this city, so we want to help each other. Let's turn Stanley Park into what it's supposed to be, a hive of enjoyment, and a celebration of recreation, sport and entertainment'.

But no, they'll just moan, moan, moan about no money, 'ruining Stanley Park' (talking as if it's Hyde Park or something!) and letting two of it's very best assets (the clubs) go to waste (Liverpool being creamed by Americans, and Everton just being left to rot).

F**king imbeciles. They really are. It irks me. Liverpool folks have so much passion, but many are down in the dumps. It doesn't take MUCH to get them fired up and enthusiastic. Just a council who give a toss, some government backing, and two clubs to harness their rivalry and proximity.

It's like having two great tits and never getting them out - a travesty!

Don't do it is my advice!!! I don't know how real your takeover is or if it is just paper talk, but I just hope that you don't end up in the same mess as us. It is less than a year since the Venkys took charge of us and to say it has been a disaster is an understatement. Whether through stupidity, naiveness, malice or whatever, they've managed to undo all the good work of the past 20 years in just 11 months, so much so it just doesn't feel like Rovers any more.

I know you need investment of some kind, but you shouldn't piss away everything that is good currently about Everton for the chance of some quick success to get you 'to the next level' wherever that is. Cos the likelihood is that those who are investing in you care very much less about Everton than you do.