IGNORED

The Once A Year Takeover Rumour

chicken tikka is the type of chicken, its basically chicken that has been left in a red slightly mild so it has more flavour to it. you can have chicken tikka with most dishes.

your common chicken tikka dish that everyone knows is normally chicken tikka massala, so its chicken tikka in massala sauce. it just gets known as chicken tikka for short.

chicken tikka on its own is a great starter, normally get it when you order a banquet (at my local indians anyway) had some last night, my arse stinks a bit now.

waaaayyy off topic there. (tikka bunha is ace though)

Indian food always gives yer the reminder the next day.

Spot on with my ignorance, always thought it was the sauce.

Back on topic, where abouts the rest of the 40 acres, is it the Finch farm surroundings?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chicken tikka is the type of chicken, its basically chicken that has been left in a red slightly mild so it has more flavour to it. you can have chicken tikka with most dishes.

your common chicken tikka dish that everyone knows is normally chicken tikka massala, so its chicken tikka in massala sauce. it just gets known as chicken tikka for short.

chicken tikka on its own is a great starter, normally get it when you order a banquet (at my local indians anyway) had some last night, my arse stinks a bit now.

waaaayyy off topic there. (tikka bunha is ace though)

I really want an Indian meal now. Love the stuff. It's impossible not to go overboard with Indian food either, then you feel like you've eaten a house.

I really want an Indian meal now. Love the stuff. It's impossible not to go overboard with Indian food either, then you feel like you've eaten a house.

the missus had the girls round on saturday night, three skinny women, they got a banquet for four people! ive spent the last two days finishing it off!

Back on topic, where abouts the rest of the 40 acres, is it the Finch farm surroundings?

i though finch farm was more like 55 acres.

Edited by StevO

I don't Av', just watch smile.png They'l probably pull my account now, but i find the site and some of the posters pretty funny. And no i'm not going on there to post, or am i changing forums/sides/teams blah blah, I like this place too much!

GOT is a bit of a brown nose fest. The small minority of long established posters have far too much influence over the rest of the membership. "Have a positive rep" .. "Why thank you sir - have one yourself" Leave a neg and you'd think you'd killed someone's Aunt. rolleyes.gif

GOT is a bit of a brown nose fest. The small minority of long established posters have far too much influence over the rest of the membership. "Have a positive rep" .. "Why thank you sir - have one yourself" Leave a neg and you'd think you'd killed someone's Aunt. rolleyes.gif

I just noticed that today. One guy said Rodwell is horrible and everyone suddenly started to agree O.o I think Rodwell has been improving and did really well on Sunday.. Just an observation.

Edited by the_everton_way

Yep came in promishing Ronaldinho and they got Yakubu!

They do seem to like hoarding their cash to be honest, They have spent looking at it around 16m but have recouped 23m+ not what I'd expect if we got bought out I'd be slightly pissed & even more so if they gave a man as inept as Kean a crack.

If these rumours are true or have any substance which I'm highly dubious that they are I'd hope they would be abit more free with the mula then the chicken men at Bburn

Edited by EFC-Paul

It's pretty stupid to asume we are comparing "every" Indian business man but in general they do tend to operate in a very similar fashion in all walks of business as do the Sheik's splashing cash and being very over the top the same applies to the Indians but in a different manner

The Venky's are just a current example in the EPL

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'm sure we won't be selling to anyone that isn't prepared to put up money for a new stadium and pay off our debts and anyone that can put that money up as a guarantee is right by me.

I'm not expecting some Man City type Sheikh to come chucking his money at us but if we had the money to renovate (unlikely) or fund a new stadium and pay off our debts we'd have a chance of turning some kind of profit, especially if the new owners have a few fresh ideas about how to run things.

The Indian market isn't a bad one to get involved in, their interest in football at the moment is pretty limited and in my month there this year I can't say I saw many kids with a football. HOWEVER for whatever reason India has the 2nd largest football stadium in the world (only beaten by...North Korea!) and apparently get very good attendances at that ground, most of the other stadiums hold around 20,000.

If you've ever watched IPL cricket or the recent Champions League cricket you'll see that the rich stars of India and the big companies are quite willing to spend on their passion for sport as well as for advertising. Bollywood stars invest in the teams then get heavily involved, construction firms (especially) invest heavily in teams, academy's and in hefty advertising throughout games. It's not never going to be so easy to tap into that for football but the money is there, you just need to find the right people who are willing to invest and try to draw interest in the side.

Note that despite Venky's being a pretty embarrassing owner at times they are trying to improve the profile of the club in India, all be it from a cringe worthy fried chicken advert. Although that caused a laugh here in England the Indian's see such cheesy ad's with their hero's of cricket all the time. They also played a friendly in Pune during the international break recently and I expect they'll probably be back to India in the next 12 months again.

The main issue is making them understand the way things are run in England, the realistic costs and expectations when doing things.

If only India had a star player that could make it in the Premiership as that would be of great interest to the Indians.

Lets say that it is the TATA Group (which is highly unlikely), its all speculation, if they were to fund a stadium I gaurantee my life savings that the ground would be named after the company (emirates stadium for example). So if this is the case, what would you prefer.

The TATA (Group) Stadium - The obvious one.

TATA Park - Which isn't too bad, play on the current 'park' bit. And technically we could still have a park end wink.png

Camp TATA - Play on Barca

TATA Olympic Stadium - Back to the old school!

Stade De TATA - hmmm I like fish!

Ok so these are the names, now for the 'ends' and 'stands'

STEEL End

TATA Sons' Corner

TATA NANO Stand

TATA Street End

RATAN Stand

JAMSETJI End

TATA POWER Stand - Sounds mean!

Right now for the Fan Group....TATA POWER FORCE laugh.png

Ajoining hotel - TAJ Hotels

Power SUpplied by - TATA Power

Steel for the Stadium Supplied by - TATA Steel Europe (that's key)

COnfectionaries supplied by - TATA Global Beverages, TATA Salt and TATA Coffee

Website run by - TATA Technologies Limited

Player Insurance Supplied by - TATA AIG India General and Life Insurance

Edited by tenaciousj

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-chairman-Bill-Kenwright-could-have-found-money-answers-with-Indian-conglomerate-article824651.html

hmmmmmmm, he would stay on the board? That gives the story maybe some credibility - as we all know he would never hand over entirely. How would that work? Surely he would be indirectly handed millions on the basis that the new investors would boost the value of the club.

The whole football quarter has me very excited, especially if it means Liverpool have to cough up some green to get the council to dig into their pockets