IGNORED

The Once A Year Takeover Rumour

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just cant have any of this tbh, and the fact that BK will still be there and Moyes will just get handed a blank cheque, well im not sure i trust Moyes with that sort of money tbh, he does'nt even organise the players we have at the moment properly, i could see us spending a load on Darren Bent for instance, then Moyes playing him out wide, er no thanks, i would rather give large amounts of money to someone who knows what they are doing with it

http://www.liverpool...00252-29692255/

EVERTON are not on the brink of imminent takeover despite rumours a wealthy Indian company are in advanced talks with owner Bill Kenwright.

Speculation has grown in some quarters over recent weeks suggesting Mumbai-based conglomerate the Jain Group are ready to inject millions into the Blues.

Jain, construction giants, who also have vast energy and property interests in their homeland, are looking to expand to the UK, and have visited Merseyside to scout for investment opportunities in the city.

The ECHO understands they were introduced to Everton after learning of their ongoing search for a new stadium and wealthy owner, and have held talks with chairman Bill Kenwright at his London office.

But sources close to the club insist the company are one of several the Toffees’ owner meets on a regular basis, and have yet to do anything to convince him their interest will materialise into anything substantial.

Reports elsewhere today suggested Jain are exploring whether to loan the Blues money and leave Kenwright in control, or complete a full takeover.

i just cant have any of this tbh, and the fact that BK will still be there and Moyes will just get handed a blank cheque, well im not sure i trust Moyes with that sort of money tbh, he does'nt even organise the players we have at the moment properly, i could see us spending a load on Darren Bent for instance, then Moyes playing him out wide, er no thanks, i would rather give large amounts of money to someone who knows what they are doing with it

Moyes with a blank check, can't wait to see Messi sit on the bench watching Coleman put a good graft in

Edited by pete0

Pete. Why? Seriously? You're one of two people who think that Coleman was 'useless' against United, so the old proverb of "smoke without fire" is ringing true here.

Noone would be kissing his ass if he actually had a shitta?

There were vast improvements in his game on Saturday. Yes he's been under-performing this seaon but to claim he's wank is laughable.

Pete. Why? Seriously? You're one of two people who think that Coleman was 'useless' against United, so the old proverb of "smoke without fire" is ringing true here.

Noone would be kissing his ass if he actually had a shitta?

There were vast improvements in his game on Saturday. Yes he's been under-performing this seaon but to claim he's wank is laughable.

I was one of only two(the other being Milky) who thought Pienaar was over-rated in a old thread. Everyone was kissing his ring just because he ran about, eventually people started to realise he's all smoke and no fire, and I weren't on me own anymore.

I've been laughed at by others for saying RVP is the best striker in the world, these same people have now used that as a fb status. I'm pretty confident in my own opinions and can back them up. Please tell me what Coleman done well at? because all I seen was him over running the ball and scrapping for it back. There was at least 3 times he should have released the ball earlier and we would have had great scoring opportunities, if he had a football brain and could pass a ball he could be great, but he doesn't and for now he just has potential to be a good right back but he should not be anywhere near the first team midfield. He needs a year or two of development/coaching, us playing him as a quick-fix is gonna be detrimental to the potentially good player he could be in the future.

Coleman is a reasonably good right mid, I think too many people got carried away with him and the expectations were unrealistic. He has gone from Irish league to premier league and should be applauded for that.

He has missed alot of proper coaching so let's understand that his decision making may not be up to scratch. He is at risk of being found out unless he adds versatility to his game, his delivery is one area for improvement as he needs to mix it up and try crosses from deep.

I think it's unfair to single him out for praise or criticism at this moment, he appears to be a little off form but showed encouraging signs on saturday without setting the game alight he was a 7/10 for me.

Coleman is a reasonably good right mid, I think too many people got carried away with him and the expectations were unrealistic. He has gone from Irish league to premier league and should be applauded for that.

He has missed alot of proper coaching so let's understand that his decision making may not be up to scratch. He is at risk of being found out unless he adds versatility to his game, his delivery is one area for improvement as he needs to mix it up and try crosses from deep.

I think it's unfair to single him out for praise or criticism at this moment, he appears to be a little off form but showed encouraging signs on saturday without setting the game alight he was a 7/10 for me.

This 100%. A thank you.

I certainly would like to know who does the shooting practice for our team, how many attempts on goal did we have? - I love the fact that players are having attempts but the quality was lacking. The only player i've seen show any quality in this respect this season is Drenthe, Saha has ability but is so inconsistent. Coleman, and Saha should have done so much better with their efforts, Rodwell was a touch unlucky on two occasions and shows a good technique on either foot.

I believe there is something in these rumors. I dont really want to see Bill stay on though, sell up and get gone. He offers nothing to the club in terms of expertise and knowledge of the football world so for him to remain could just perpetuate the stagnation we are experiencing.

Clear out the dead wood and start again

Im trying to do a little digging but here goes. Apparently the Hotel Chain Best Western own a not insignificant amount of land on/in and around merseyside. Best Western have recently formalised an association with The Jain Group and work with them to deliver their Corporate Hospitaility.

Now this could all be 2 + 2 = 5

However the land becomes much more valuable if an infrastructure is put in place, road, rail networks etc - particularly if the council are prepared to front up money to improve these networks

Im trying to do a little digging but here goes. Apparently the Hotel Chain Best Western own a not insignificant amount of land on/in and around merseyside. Best Western have recently formalised an association with The Jain Group and work with them to deliver their Corporate Hospitaility.

Now this could all be 2 + 2 = 5

However the land becomes much more valuable if an infrastructure is put in place, road, rail networks etc - particularly if the council are prepared to front up money to improve these networks

Nice research - I do love adding substance to a preferred rumour! Hope springs eternal

http://www.liverpool...tsWidget-bottom

I shudder to think how Kenwright represents himself in a meeting with potential buyers. Even his most loyal defenders have to agree that the business accumen displayed in the meeting with the B.U is nothing short of amateur.

"IF" he is insisting on being at the helm of the club as some sort of deal can you honestly see these people parting with the sort of money required?

To convince him that they are the right buyers is a joke, it is exactly the reason why I would want someone with experience and expertise involved in this deal - i.e the interim board.

Edited by Hafnia

They're not interested in my opinion, price is too much. Scare stories about people expecting them to invest hundreds of millions don't help.

I think they were only ever interested in the stadium.

Haf, I'm inclined to agree with you. I remember reading about BK trying to sell the club only for the potential buyer to say something along the lines of "I'm glad I'm not you".