IGNORED

The Once A Year Takeover Rumour

This is the trouble, the fans don't really have any say in the first place, and even if they did, they'd be in no position to know how it might turn out anyway. Just like the current owners can't really tell who's going to be good or bad.

At City we had a long term 'benefactor' in Peter Swales (a bit like Kenwright) who thought he was doing best, but clearly let his heart rule his head.

Over the years we tried a former well loved player (Francis Lee) and that didn't work

We tried a foreigner (Thaksin Sinawatra) and he turned out to be a shady dealer

We then got lucky (so far).

Liverpool tried American owners, and that didn't work, theyve got new American owners now - but what guarantee is that?

United - similar problems.

I all depresses me to be honest, my own club included. Yes it's great to be winning, and it's fabulous seeing the players we are seeing - but there's a price for it too - the primadonna attitude (in some), the stupid money required, the fear of not fully understanding the motivation of the owners etc.

Football has become a monster and it's quite an ugly one underneath the facade. I mean I ask you.... Abu Dhabi running a Mancunian underdog team? An Indian Chicken firm running Blackburn Rovers? Chinese Beer on Everton shirts?

What IS going on... seriously, the world's gone mad.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that there is one party interested, but they think that its too much money to invest, so Elstone cooks up this blog post as a means of making people believe that there are a large amount of parties interested in the club. Thus putting the pressure on the one constellation that is interested.

Seems desperate. Why should he again go out to tell people that discussions are ongoing, the whole 85p per pund etc. If they were infact discussing a possible take over right now, what would it matter if fans, journalists etc were speculating? Why mention the "confidentiality agreements which prevent either side from disclosing the interest."

Smells of desperation, once again.

Elstone's post is somewhat 'brattish' - he must feel that his ego has been battered with the scrutiny af the appaling spin put on the financials that were dismantled expertly, then utilised and publicised by the BU.

To continue to harp on about the 85p in the £1 is irritating!!! Give us the detail - we know the operating costs line is massive - come on break it down - tell the story!!! Are we spending £500,000 a year on cones and bibs?, do the lawnmowers have a fuel consumption of 0.2% of a full size pitch per gallon?, is phil neville using all the bleach at finch farm for his hair, is Bobby Elstones sunbed costing us a fortune in electric?

I wonder if he is going to reveal that the indians interested in the club were presented to the club by LCC despite the 24/7 search?

Often, folks will 'sniff' around to court a bit of publicity, with no intention of buying... hoping their name will be dropped on the news and improve their image etc.

Then of course, just asking about matters can be portrayed as 'showing interest'.

Things don't really stack up though. The way it's being portrayed is that there's a queue of potential buyers and that simply doesn't ring true. There might be a few vultures circling though in the hope of getting a bargain in a fire sale.

I think they days of some investor paying over the odds for a club as was the case 3-5 years ago, the whole market has dipped.

I think Everton (the brand) is a very attractive proposition, but Everton the business isn't looking too appealing :-(

Often, folks will 'sniff' around to court a bit of publicity, with no intention of buying... hoping their name will be dropped on the news and improve their image etc.

Then of course, just asking about matters can be portrayed as 'showing interest'.

Things don't really stack up though. The way it's being portrayed is that there's a queue of potential buyers and that simply doesn't ring true. There might be a few vultures circling though in the hope of getting a bargain in a fire sale.

I think they days of some investor paying over the odds for a club as was the case 3-5 years ago, the whole market has dipped.

I think Everton (the brand) is a very attractive proposition, but Everton the business isn't looking too appealing :-(

In the best possible way I sadly have to agree with you mate

lol If the Board confirm that they are in talks its either a ploy to increase season ticket sales or way to try and con the only interested party into action but if they dont say anything its keeping the fans in the dark and trating us as mugs

They really cant do right for doing wrong with some people

I think that's right - once you believe you're being shafted, you'll see all moves as a scam, and as you say, if they say nothing - they're hiding something.

BUT...

When BK says "I am the best man to sell the club" - what are his qualifications to make such a claim?

When BK says "I don't know where the money is going" and five mins later in the same interview (when pressed) says "it's going to the banks" - he's not helping himself.

When BK says "I'm the best judge of who's good for Everton" and in the same interview says "I've been mislead a few times by bogus investors" - there's a bit of a contradiction there.

I personally believe he has Everton's best interests are heart - but that doesn't make him the best man to make the judgment calls, or the best business decisions (the club's current financial state is possibly and indication of that!).

lol If the Board confirm that they are in talks its either a ploy to increase season ticket sales or way to try and con the only interested party into action but if they dont say anything its keeping the fans in the dark and trating us as mugs

They really cant do right for doing wrong with some people

Maybe it's because they have proven far too often that they are not trustworthy in what they say or reliable in what they do.

I dont think he has really told us anything we have already managed to find out ourselves tbh. Pretty pointless statement as far as I am concerned.

but this time its official. Yeah.....

Maybe it's because they have proven far too often that they are not trustworthy in what they say or reliable in what they do.

boy who cried wolf, i get it, but cant you find that last slither of hope that they might actually be on to something this time?

Apparently kenwright bought a further 290 shares last month

http://www.toffeeweb...lbag/16775.html

Would that not make it easier to sell on then? If for example an investor wanted to take over the club but wanted a minimum share count of 95% (for example), could it be deemed harder to get all the 'smaller' share holders to give up their percentage, against one person (Bill) holding the majority needed?

Bill is already majority shareholder - my guess is that he knows a sale is going to go through and him buying these shares from Willy Russell is a license to print money - that's if the £150m price quoted by harris is true.

Talk on GOT by the fox suggests things are very much advanced

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/39262-The-Takeover-Rumour-Thread./page79

Bill is already majority shareholder - my guess is that he knows a sale is going to go through and him buying these shares from Willy Russell is a license to print money - that's if the £150m price quoted by harris is true.

Talk on GOT by the fox suggests things are very much advanced

http://www.grandoldt...-Thread./page79

where did this 150m price tag come from? I saw BU spouting it but couldnt find a source.

where did this 150m price tag come from? I saw BU spouting it but couldnt find a source.

Keith harris interviewed on sky sports:

Last night on Sky Sports News, Keith Harris talked about the resurgence of interest in buying Everton, mainly from the Middle East, India and China, but confirmed that there had been no offers made. Asked how much it would take to buy Everton — £150M? £160M?? — Harris told the interviewer "you're not far wrong".

That represents some ridiculous return on the £800 a share he paid. over 5 times the amount!!!

anyway 2 minutes silence now.

Yeah could be, but that seems damn cheap.

City went for 220m 4 years ago (stadium helped, but we owed money and were in more disarray than you, AND it was a fire sale!). Not sure what Newcastle went for.

I suppose you could say the market's declined since those heady days, or you could say inflation is roughly negated by the decline.

at 160m Everton look a serious bargain. - makling me think there's some awful prohibitive catch putting folks off.

Yeah could be, but that seems damn cheap.

City went for 220m 4 years ago (stadium helped, but we owed money and were in more disarray than you, AND it was a fire sale!). Not sure what Newcastle went for.

I suppose you could say the market's declined since those heady days, or you could say inflation is roughly negated by the decline.

at 160m Everton look a serious bargain. - makling me think there's some awful prohibitive catch putting folks off.

Probably the certainty of building a new stadium. Say £120m for the 'Club', £40m to cover the debts and £150m (for example) to build a new stadium. That goes up to £310m...that could be why?