IGNORED

Thomas Hitzlsperger

Moyes confirmed contract offer in Jan ......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/29/everton-david-moyes-rafael-benitez

Everton, though, are unbeaten in seven matches and have won their last three league games against Chelsea at Goodison Park. Moyes, who confirmed that he will offer the midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger a contract extension in January, is hoping to strengthen his squad during the transfer window but believes Everton are in a much healthier position than this time last year.

You'd think surely he'd stay?

Why?

He has already said that he doesnt want to be sat on the bench and that he wants more playing time and he knows he is nowhere near our starting XI when everyone is fit.

Ok Gibbo is out again for at least a month so that may give him a chance but if we bring in Ofoe Didgimethingy that will surely push him down the pecking order again.

I hope he does stay as he is a decent squad player and we need as many bodies as we can get at the moment

Why?

He has already said that he doesnt want to be sat on the bench and that he wants more playing time and he knows he is nowhere near our starting XI when everyone is fit.

Ok Gibbo is out again for at least a month so that may give him a chance but if we bring in Ofoe Didgimethingy that will surely push him down the pecking order again.

I hope he does stay as he is a decent squad player and we need as many bodies as we can get at the moment

Points exactly - There's no guarentee of Gibbo being fit especially with his recent troubles so Hitz will probably play. Ofoe seems more likely, however it's not a done deal so anything could happen.

It's essential that we sign Hitzlsperger to a longer contract this window. He isn't going to be a superstar for us, but he's been solid when he's played. He is a solid midfielder who also has quite the shot on him, and if we lose him, we will be left embarrassingly and dangerously thin in midfield, especially considering Gibson's injury woes, Barkley's inexperience and need for more loan time, and Mirallas health (Chance that we'll need to play Ossie on the wing unfortunately).

For all the talk of his shooting prowess I think people may be overlooking his excellent set piece delivery. Don't think anyone else comes close to reliably matching his his calibre of delivery, corners especially. He's neat and tidy and has a better reach and aerial ability than I had suspected before seeing him live. If he is on half way reasonable money I think it would be a real shame to let him go. That said, having been sat directly behind Al-Habsi whe Hitz rattled the bar I can't wait to see the first one fly in.

For all the talk of his shooting prowess I think people may be overlooking his excellent set piece delivery. Don't think anyone else comes close to reliably matching his his calibre of delivery, corners especially. He's neat and tidy and has a better reach and aerial ability than I had suspected before seeing him live. If he is on half way reasonable money I think it would be a real shame to let him go. That said, having been sat directly behind Al-Habsi whe Hitz rattled the bar I can't wait to see the first one fly in.

Good point. His set pieces are very good.

"Hitzlsperger, 30, who is currently out of contract after his initial deal expired on January 1"

But he played against Cheltenham (and was on the bench at Newcastle)huh.png .

I thought the same ha ha.

I can't see him being 'out of contract'. Either his contract ran until a particular date, or he has already signed.

pleased enough that Hitzelsperger will be involved for a while longer, and will remain with us until end of season.

Could be the first German to recieve an FA cup winners medal since,

fuck knows when actually ?

But still a decent player to have on board.

Ballack probably.

pleased enough that Hitzelsperger will be involved for a while longer, and will remain with us until end of season.

Could be the first German to recieve an FA cup winners medal since,

fuck knows when actually ?

But still a decent player to have on board.

No, actually only one and a half years ago. :D Boateng (at the time from Manchester City) is German.