IGNORED

Spurs (away)

Matt

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon he will play Neville in front of Hibbert cope with Bale, just can't see who else Moyes would pick there. Vic seems to be a fave so reckon he will play left, if not Cahill will with Rodwell in the middle. Just hope am wrong.

i must have mentally blocked this out first time round...god if this happens i might cry

We played 4-4-2 in the match last season at Goodison, just watched the highlights and Beckford was unlucky with a few but in many cases I just saw Coleman not taking the opportunity to pass ( at least two times in the second half in particular). I think Saha and Becks play well together, and given time could be our best option if Moyes chose to use them. Perhaps he did it because it was home and later in the season, but we're much more effective that way...if he's watching film from that night, he'll see that and I hope build from it.

I'm hoping for Howard in goal; Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines in defense; a diamond in midfield with Heitinga holding, Barkley on the right, Osman on the left and Rodwell in behind the strikers; Beckford and Saha. If the match goes ahead of course. Cup games of West Ham, Charlton... are postponed as well.

Edited by Steve_E

All depends on our line up, if Moyes sticks to his experienced players we will lose. Got a bad feeling we will line up something on the lines of this sad.png. Hopefully he will be a bit more positive and play Barkley and Gueye. worship[1].gif Praying Osman is fit.

Howard

Hibbert Jags Distin Baines

Neville Heitinga Fellaini Anichebe

Cahill

Saha

I think that will also be our starting XI. Would like to see :

Nev-Jags-Distin-Baines

Saha-Felli-Johnny/Barkley-Osman(i hope hes back fit, if not then its gonna be vic)

Cahill

Becks

I think Louis could play better on wing than other out possibilities atm, or then Saha only 1 up, Cahill and Barkley behind him, something like 4-1-2-2-1, also our wings bit upper than normally, Nev vs Bale doesnt sound good, but he has done the job with some other dangerous players.

edit: and i seriously hope those stupid riots will end soon.

Edited by LexKing

Decision to be made on Thursday regarding the game.

Now for those who have a match ticket and train ticket, therein lies the dilemma if the game is called off.

I shall use the match ticket for any re-arranged game and wait outside the ticket offer at Lime St and flog my £34 rail ticket to anyone travelling to London on Saturday because we have already been told, No Refunds.

Edited by The Beard

Never gonna happen but wouldnt mind seeing coleman and baines as wing backs with Heitenga sweeping behind dystin and jags. Felli, neville and ossie in engine room cahill just behind King Louis

Coleman is out for months.

And, tbh, I hate Cahill and Saha playing together. They both drop deep leaving us with no one upfront.

I think the game is looking likely to go ahead, as it was not Spurs fans that had anything to do with with the trouble, and most fans do not live in the area, and

33,000 Tottenham fans will make sure there is no grief, I also think the fact we are playing Everton is a factor as there is no history of bad blood between the fans, I think if we were playing another London club there is no way it would be played,

If it does go ahead I Wish you all well but obviously I want us to get off to good start, I think a draw is the most likely outcome as we can't score for toffee (excuse the pun) but bizarrely for a Tottenham team are quite solid at the back although we do have a dodgy Keeper so I would encourage your forwards to shoot at every opportunity, in fairness I think our midfield is much better than yours, even with Modric's mind on other things I would love us to win but I predict 1-1 or 0-0.

I would also add that Everton are one of our bogey teams that always do well against us so you could nick it 2-1

sad to say I just can't see a Lilywhite victory !

I think the game is looking likely to go ahead, as it was not Spurs fans that had anything to do with with the trouble, and most fans do not live in the area, and

33,000 Tottenham fans will make sure there is no grief, I also think the fact we are playing Everton is a factor as there is no history of bad blood between the fans, I think if we were playing another London club there is no way it would be played,

If it does go ahead I Wish you all well but obviously I want us to get off to good start, I think a draw is the most likely outcome as we can't score for toffee (excuse the pun) but bizarrely for a Tottenham team are quite solid at the back although we do have a dodgy Keeper so I would encourage your forwards to shoot at every opportunity, in fairness I think our midfield is much better than yours, even with Modric's mind on other things I would love us to win but I predict 1-1 or 0-0.

I would also add that Everton are one of our bogey teams that always do well against us so you could nick it 2-1

sad to say I just can't see a Lilywhite victory !

Every fan wants their team to win mate. We won't think badly of you for hoping your team beats us 6-0 lol. That's the game. I'm hoping we break the league record against every team we play, but it won't happen lol. laugh.png

To host the game takes large police resources. I can't see it being played.

Perhaps there could be a world war amnesty type thing were everyone stopped fighting and looting for a game of footy.

Kind of stopped, put their stones down, or their truncheons, went to watch the match,. and then returned later. wink.png

As it is the first game of the season, I am really looking forward to ending my withdrawal symptoms.

I suppose I had better make one of my notoriously inaccurate game predictions. So here goes (don't satb me for getting it wrong guys, never got one right yet)

Spurs 1 (Crouch late into the second half) Everton 3 (Saha two one first half and one second and Becks one - even later in second half)

Three players get injured and out for the rest of the season. One with a bruised thumb.

Fellaini just played with Belgium. It was clear he was still lacking fitness and form so a journalist asked the manager whether he'll be in the team against Azerbeidzjan 3 weeks from now if he doesn't get games for Everton. Apparently Moyes had called to inform him he'd play against Spurs so they had an agreement he'd be subbed after 45 minutes.

Yup, I think we just got VERY lucky.

Or very unlucky as the re-arranged date will see us in the middle of a slump with six players out injured and three suspended, while Spurs are playing their best football of the season with a fully fit squad. I would have taken my chances on Saturday.

Or very unlucky as the re-arranged date will see us in the middle of a slump with six players out injured and three suspended, while Spurs are playing their best football of the season with a fully fit squad. I would have taken my chances on Saturday.

I don't think we stood a chance with Arteta, Coleman, Bilyaletdinov and possibly Osman out....