IGNORED

The Blue Union respond

Ian C

not trying to stir things here, just trying to open up a wider debate.

Matt, ive seen your replies to other posts who have a different opinion and to be honest, this is a really good thread, with a lot of valid points.

I'd like to know your opinion on the Kenwright regime as a whole.

(i'm only asking Matt here direct, but obviously anyone can give their own little summary)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but people who refuse to accept evidence to the contrary of their argument drive me nuts, especially with nonsensical jibberish or the same argument over and over and over and over......

Anyway, my overview? Firstly - fed up of the spokesman being blame for everything. Its only a little thing but he is not responsible for most of what goes on - its people on the board and the people the board employed. Ive made the definition of a Chairman and CEO before but people like to point a finger of blame at 1 person.

Im not going to say the lot of them havent cocked up, that would be blind. But, take NTL for example. BK will only have come out saying the deal was done if those around him tell him its done, because he is the clubs spokesman. Its not that he is lying when it turns out its not the case, its a case of him being misinformed. Or, its a case of NTL pulling out of the last minute with no explanation. But of course, that cant be the case. Evil Bill got our hopes up to break our spirits.

FSF Ive admitted to not knowing much about. "I wouldnt sell Rooney for 50m" - its called bigging up the asking price, good business strategy and I wouldve done the same. Gosling - im sorry but if a handshake and giving your word arent enough then its Goslings lack of morals. Again, I wouldve done the same and have in fact done similar in my work, with which ive been rewarded.

Kings Dock was the biggest mistake for which there are no excuses - this falls on the board.

But then, despite these mistakes and one gargantuan cock up (kings dock), theyve done a lot of good which people refuse to accept. Breaking transfer records, new recordbreaking (for the club) sponsorships, some brilliant negotiation in sale of players, tying down internationals to loooong contracts to bring stability to the club, keeping (oh yeah, and signing - dont care who recommended, BK et al made it happen) Moyes.....

So, have they screwed up and screwed up big? yeah - but what company hasnt. Could things be improved? Of course, things always can. Have they done a lot of good for the club? Like it or not, yes they have.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the same old same old because no one seems to remember these "small" details when critiquing Honest Blue Bill - you can't have it both ways. These are the very reasons I do not believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

dude, weve done this dance so many times. I accept the mistakes etc (see above), you never seem to accept the good.

dude, weve done this dance so many times. I accept the mistakes etc (see above), you never seem to accept the good.

The good is minute compared to the bad Matt i'm afraid. I do agree, there are those sitting in the background who have dodged bullets - the lot of them are responsible. Complete clear out and that includes Grantchester too, to sit and watch the club struggle with all his money is a disgrace. If he was waiting for the right time to step up, that time has well been due. Whether it is because of Bill or not, he surely has the power to out him and put the moores money to work yet again.

I think id agree with most of what you said there Matt.

Its the strategy of selling assets that worries me the most, i think most people agree with most of the ups and downs of the last decade.

as you say, its probably a team effort, for both success and the fuck ups.

bills problem being he has his face all over the place in the good times, it sticks him right in the firing line for the bad.

The good is minute compared to the bad Matt i'm afraid. I do agree, there are those sitting in the background who have dodged bullets - the lot of them are responsible. Complete clear out and that includes Grantchester too, to sit and watch the club struggle with all his money is a disgrace. If he was waiting for the right time to step up, that time has well been due. Whether it is because of Bill or not, he surely has the power to out him and put the moores money to work yet again.

Apparently Granchester is not really into football.

I think id agree with most of what you said there Matt.

Its the strategy of selling assets that worries me the most, i think most people agree with most of the ups and downs of the last decade.

as you say, its probably a team effort, for both success and the fuck ups.

bills problem being he has his face all over the place in the good times, it sticks him right in the firing line for the bad.

Worrying yes, but we're in this situation because money was put into the squad and that money had to come from somewhere. The squad didnt win anything so no prize money came in, it was a gamble that backfired. If we hadnt improved the squad we would never had got to Europe, we probably wouldnt be in so much debt either and would probably be at the bottom of the league like the PJ reign dicing with relegation each season.

As spokesman, yes he puts himself in the firing line - id just like to think that his critics actually realize its not him thats making all the mistakes, but like i said people just want a face to point the finger at. Part of his job i suppose.

I do wish he would stop with the "theres no bigger Evertonian than me" though.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but people who refuse to accept evidence to the contrary of their argument drive me nuts, especially with nonsensical jibberish or the same argument over and over and over and over......

Anyway, my overview? Firstly - fed up of the spokesman being blame for everything. Its only a little thing but he is not responsible for most of what goes on - its people on the board and the people the board employed. Ive made the definition of a Chairman and CEO before but people like to point a finger of blame at 1 person.

Im not going to say the lot of them havent cocked up, that would be blind. But, take NTL for example. BK will only have come out saying the deal was done if those around him tell him its done, because he is the clubs spokesman. Its not that he is lying when it turns out its not the case, its a case of him being misinformed. Or, its a case of NTL pulling out of the last minute with no explanation. But of course, that cant be the case. Evil Bill got our hopes up to break our spirits.

FSF Ive admitted to not knowing much about. "I wouldnt sell Rooney for 50m" - its called bigging up the asking price, good business strategy and I wouldve done the same. Gosling - im sorry but if a handshake and giving your word arent enough then its Goslings lack of morals. Again, I wouldve done the same and have in fact done similar in my work, with which ive been rewarded.

Kings Dock was the biggest mistake for which there are no excuses - this falls on the board.

But then, despite these mistakes and one gargantuan cock up (kings dock), theyve done a lot of good which people refuse to accept. Breaking transfer records, new recordbreaking (for the club) sponsorships, some brilliant negotiation in sale of players, tying down internationals to loooong contracts to bring stability to the club, keeping (oh yeah, and signing - dont care who recommended, BK et al made it happen) Moyes.....

So, have they screwed up and screwed up big? yeah - but what company hasnt. Could things be improved? Of course, things always can. Have they done a lot of good for the club? Like it or not, yes they have.

Top post absolutely spot on

Hafs got that much of a downer on all things Everton at the moment that Im sure he will disagree with all of it except the Kings Dock bit, but then Im only surprised he hasnt blamed BK for assasinating JFK yet

Top post absolutely spot on

Hafs got that much of a downer on all things Everton at the moment that Im sure he will disagree with all of it except the Kings Dock bit, but then Im only surprised he hasnt blamed BK for assasinating JFK yet

He did didn't he? Wasn't he in the book depository or was it the grassy knoll with tommy Steele and elvis? Or did he take a shot from the boys pen with his pea shooter?

In all seriousness we are dealing with facts when it comes to bill kenwrights and co's failures and blind loyalty when it comes to excusing them. Keep harping on about five year contracts etc, and so called record breaking signings. I've already illustrated that relevant to turnover they aren't.

It's going around and around and around all this. In short I want bill and his cronies gone, the likes of Ian Ross gone and I want a new everton. We can't continue like this, we need a buyer, not investment. We need direction. We are still operating like a second rate outfit. My mind isn't going to change, tag any plaudits you can to at least give some credence to their reign, not good enough for me.

Not sarcasm - sceptical when someone joins a forum and makes 5 out of 6 posts on the B.U. You can see mine in every type of thread,

Only just joined mate, barred from Kipper for daring to cast aspersions on the motives of the BU. Sorry, but they really do annoy me, purporting to represent the majority of Evertonians is something that is patently wrong.

He did didn't he? Wasn't he in the book depository or was it the grassy knoll with tommy Steele and elvis? Or did he take a shot from the boys pen with his pea shooter?

In all seriousness we are dealing with facts when it comes to bill kenwrights and co's failures and blind loyalty when it comes to excusing them. Keep harping on about five year contracts etc, and so called record breaking signings. I've already illustrated that relevant to turnover they aren't.

It's going around and around and around all this. In short I want bill and his cronies gone, the likes of Ian Ross gone and I want a new everton. We can't continue like this, we need a buyer, not investment. We need direction. We are still operating like a second rate outfit. My mind isn't going to change, tag any plaudits you can to at least give some credence to their reign, not good enough for me.

No surely not, Bill would have to have stood somewhere where everybody could see him with that smug grin of his!!

You're like a kid wanting the newest gadgets for christmas when the parents can't afford them. How exactly is the new investment to be found? Who would you have running the club, the Venkys, some shady Russian or Mafia linked dude. Enter the real world and see the predicament that the club are in.An old stadium, needs money, a team that needs at least 3 top players which equals high wages as well as big transfer fees, a huge debt and worst of all, no international branding which in today's economics is essential to imoroving revenue streams.

I'm a big Haf supporter in as much as I wholeheartedly agree that saint Bill or at least the board has to go. I lived in real ignorance until I started following his posts. The problem is I really can't believe he SEEMS to be making a sale hard work. Or is he lying about possible sale options. I really don't know.

All I know is that I have become pessimistic . When handing out a five year deal to a player becomes the highlight of near half a season I find it hard to be anything else. I really want to optimistic like a lot of you , I really do . When you start pinning hopes on groups like the Blue Union you know something wrong.

I find this debate on this forum far more entertaining than anything else this season. Thanks guys .Truly.

I'm a big Haf supporter in as much as I wholeheartedly agree that saint Bill or at least the board has to go. I lived in real ignorance until I started following his posts. The problem is I really can't believe he SEEMS to be making a sale hard work. Or is he lying about possible sale options. I really don't know.

All I know is that I have become pessimistic . When handing out a five year deal to a player becomes the highlight of near half a season I find it hard to be anything else. I really want to optimistic like a lot of you , I really do . When you start pinning hopes on groups like the Blue Union you know something wrong.

I find this debate on this forum far more entertaining than anything else this season. Thanks guys .Truly.

yeah, your prescription has run out tongue.png

Theres plenty to be positive about and tying down our star players to long contracts is in many ways better than new signings. Im not saying people should be of the "at least we have a glass to fill" optimistic group but seriously, the glass is half full (fully expecting snipes about how we sold off the glass and now rent it back blah blah blah). Theres a hell of a lot of good been done over the past 10 or so years as well as a lot of crap. If you want to be credible in an argument you have to at least acknowledge the facts against your argument too, rather than dismiss/ignore them (thats not strictly aimed at you, its true for everyone). Anyway, if youre going to let Capt Happy drag you down to misery town then good luck! Supporting Everton is hard enough without being a pessimist.

Edited by Matt

Haf seriously you are seriously delusional now.

How come your moaning and speculative accusations can be stated as fact yet when anybody attempts to counter your arguments rationally you pass it off as blind loyalty

Its a fact that the KIngs Dock fiasco was a monumental fuck up but its also a fact that clubs tranfer record has been broken 3 times (your attempt to undermine that was totally flawed because you conveniently ignored the increased salaries)

Its a fact that Kirby was not the world class stadium it was touted as but its also a fact that the club have signed record breaking sponsorship deals and broken turn over records

How can you seriously disregard the good work the board have done tying down most of our top players on long term deals? How can you disregard some of the great deals the club have received in player sales? How can you not give credit where its due for them turning a squad full of has beens continuosly fighting relegation into a young squad full of internationals that continuously challenge for Europe?

These are facts that can be backed up by figures

It is not a fact that BK lied about NTL its complete speculation

It is not a fact that he lied about FSF its complete speculation

It is not a fact thhat he lied about the Kings Dock money being ring fenced it is complete speculation

This is the biggest failing of the Buffoon Union, if you can only acknowledge the facts that suit your cause and are in complete denial of the rest you lose all credibility and when that happens how can you expect to be taken seriously?

Which brings me nicely on to my last fact - The Buffoon Union are a meaningless minority

Haf seriously you are seriously delusional now.

How come your moaning and speculative accusations can be stated as fact yet when anybody attempts to counter your arguments rationally you pass it off as blind loyalty

Its a fact that the KIngs Dock fiasco was a monumental fuck up but its also a fact that clubs tranfer record has been broken 3 times (your attempt to undermine that was totally flawed because you conveniently ignored the increased salaries)

Its a fact that Kirby was not the world class stadium it was touted as but its also a fact that the club have signed record breaking sponsorship deals and broken turn over records

How can you seriously disregard the good work the board have done tying down most of our top players on long term deals? How can you disregard some of the great deals the club have received in player sales? How can you not give credit where its due for them turning a squad full of has beens continuosly fighting relegation into a young squad full of internationals that continuously challenge for Europe?

These are facts that can be backed up by figures

It is not a fact thhat he lied about the Kings Dock money being ring fenced it is complete speculation

This is the biggest failing of the Buffoon Union, if you can only acknowledge the facts that suit your cause and are in complete denial of the rest you lose all credibility and when that happens how can you expect to be taken seriously?

Which brings me nicely on to my last fact - The Buffoon Union are a meaningless minority

Ah quit with the record breaking nonsense! The only thing that is broken is that excuse on a record player.

How did we break those records??? Was it the record sale of players like Rooney and lescott - a cool £54m between them? Or depending on timing was it the cumulative sales of players like aj and McFadden that paid for fellaini?

Whatever - here's some interesting reading.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html

Our commercial performance was absolutely appalling, and it has since improved to poor. Do we give out certificates for still being behind the likes of villa, spurs? The fact that we have an exclusivity agreement with kitbag was a poor decision. Heathrow and gatwick airports sell near every premier league teams shirt, plus some championships. Just so happens we have internationally recognised players in Cahill and Howard - big miss for the billboards maybe???

We are way behind where we should be, what do I give credit for? The fact that we aren't as crap? No I will give credit when we are at the forefront not way behind.

As for the facts about kenwright - look at the minutes from the agms (remember them?) all documented.

Edited by Hafnia

the only way they are not facts are if his employees and the people he was dealing with were lying to him. now its a no brainer that you do not open your mouth about a deal until the ink is on the contract.

these things happened and they happened in public and came from his own mouth. Bill stood infront of fans and the press and stated openly about these things.

speculation they are not.

the only way they are not facts are if his employees and the people he was dealing with were lying to him. now its a no brainer that you do not open your mouth about a deal until the ink is on the contract.

these things happened and they happened in public and came from his own mouth. Bill stood infront of fans and the press and stated openly about these things.

speculation they are not.

unless youre really really exicted about the news and have been informed it is a done deal.....

and Haf - doh.gif

http://peoplesgroup....com/our-letter/

Not quite the BU but along the same lines.... Pretty sure Haf wrote this one actually tongue.png

Was that written after their 'incredible' turn out on Saturday....all 200 of them, representing the 30,000 that enter the ground and the other million that live internationally?

My god they showed that Everton board shaking fist.png

While the board have done some good for the club, as has been highlighted, right now they are in serious danger of undermining all that with their complete and utter incompetence. That is where the problem lies.

BK especially is in danger of leaving the club (eventually) with a lot of bad feeling from some sections, when he should have been able to leave with universal respect from Evertonians for getting us out of Johnson's hands. When he goes we're looking like being in a worse financial position than when he came in (more debt, selling off assets bla bla bla) and because of that by the time we're sold we may be in the exact same position on the field as well - i.e. scrambling around at the bottom of the table, having to sell our better players.

This is my gripe. I don't think I'm being overly dramatic or pessimistic and ignoring the good like Haf's been accused of. I hope not anyway, it's as balanced as I can get with such an emotive issue.

While the board have done some good for the club, as has been highlighted, right now they are in serious danger of undermining all that with their complete and utter incompetence. That is where the problem lies.

BK especially is in danger of leaving the club (eventually) with a lot of bad feeling from some sections, when he should have been able to leave with universal respect from Evertonians for getting us out of Johnson's hands. When he goes we're looking like being in a worse financial position than when he came in (more debt, selling off assets bla bla bla) and because of that by the time we're sold we may be in the exact same position on the field as well - i.e. scrambling around at the bottom of the table, having to sell our better players.

This is my gripe. I don't think I'm being overly dramatic or pessimistic and ignoring the good like Haf's been accused of. I hope not anyway, it's as balanced as I can get with such an emotive issue.

Completely understand your points Mark.

I think most of us can see some good has been done, whilst some of it has and is overly exaggerated imo, BK and cronies have brought some success to the club, certainly in the way of player signings and the suchlike, but the chances are BK is going to leave the club as a zero, when he had the chance to leave as a hero, and thats actually quite sad i think.

I think most of us can see some good has been done, whilst some of it has and is overly exaggerated imo, BK and cronies have brought some success to the club, certainly in the way of player signings and the suchlike, but the chances are BK is going to leave the club as a zero, when he had the chance to leave as a hero, and thats actually quite sad i think.

Completely agree Pris. Its almost like creating a monster.

The net spend may well be pitiful but thats not taking into consideration the increase in wages every year and the servicing of the debt

The rest of your post I pretty much agree with especially the bit in bold. I have reservations about how the club is being run myself and I want change as much as the next man but I dont want anything to do with the Blue Union

You also have to factor in the massive increase in Sky money & league position money over this time. Again Kenwright hasn't found this money, it was given to us for our on the pitch performance (which he does get credit for getting the actual players in).

yeah, your prescription has run out tongue.png

Theres plenty to be positive about and tying down our star players to long contracts is in many ways better than new signings. Im not saying people should be of the "at least we have a glass to fill" optimistic group but seriously, the glass is half full (fully expecting snipes about how we sold off the glass and now rent it back blah blah blah). Theres a hell of a lot of good been done over the past 10 or so years as well as a lot of crap. If you want to be credible in an argument you have to at least acknowledge the facts against your argument too, rather than dismiss/ignore them (thats not strictly aimed at you, its true for everyone). Anyway, if youre going to let Capt Happy drag you down to misery town then good luck! Supporting Everton is hard enough without being a pessimist.

I would say that a lot of the 'good' BK and the board have done is what would be expected of a Premier League Chairman. Thats not to say that he influence should be undermined, but you would expect clubs to be tying down players for x years and ours is no different, especially seeing as we have been operating in the top 6-8 of the Premier League in the last few seasons. Getting Felli to sign is a massive bonus, even if it may well come at a cost, but I dont feel that he should be praised for 'doing his job' so to speak. I know I dont! lol

Yeh certainly agree. I do think Kenwright is the maker of his own downfall. Between him and Moyes they raised our expectations, and Kenwright words promised more than he ever delivered.

I would say that a lot of the 'good' BK and the board have done is what would be expected of a Premier League Chairman. Thats not to say that he influence should be undermined, but you would expect clubs to be tying down players for x years and ours is no different, especially seeing as we have been operating in the top 6-8 of the Premier League in the last few seasons. Getting Felli to sign is a massive bonus, even if it may well come at a cost, but I dont feel that he should be praised for 'doing his job' so to speak. I know I dont! lol

Dont you think you should be though?! I work 50% more of my contracted hours each week (without overtime or additional vacation), travel for weeks on end and get no kind of "thanks for that, good job, etc" when ive completed a task - I know I want it and I think people deserve recognition for doing good things. Otherwise whats the incentive?

i dont get praise for doing my job either, i only get praised when i get figures above target or my dept does better than others.

i have to go beyond expected for praise, otherwise its just average, and there should never be praise for average imo.

This for me as well... Especially when you compare the actual achievements against what is expected & then what was below par. There would be a lot for BK & the board in the middle column, a couple of things in the achievements, but a fair few in the cockups column.