IGNORED

Royston Drenthe

Kind of descended into Anarchy this thread. Personally I think Drenthe is a great loan move. Think of it as a try before you buy kinda deal. If he performs for us and does well I think he'll stay and we'll most likely get him on a free. It works the other way too, if he's too much trouble on or off the pitch we just say cheerio and go looking for someone else. Got high hopes for this lad and reckon he brings an extra dimension to the team.

Kaziken, just to let you know, those videos could fool anyone into beleiving that a certain Victor Anichebe was in them wink.png

To be honest, Royston has potential to be a great player but the years that he has been there he has got problems with alcohol, street races, he likes going pubs a lot and he isn't very professional cause sometimes comes late to training.

I wish he can demostrate all things that he couldn't in Spain.

Good luck Royston, have a good season and score 3 or 4 goals against Liverpool.

Edited by kaziken

I watched this guy in the U21 w/c a few years back and he was the player of the tournament in my eyes. Everything Holland did went through him and he certainly had quality.

I just hope he can get back on the straight and narrow and that the fans get behind him. Could be a brilliant loan and his pace, work ethic and creativity are something we have lacked since Pienaar left.

Edited by Bailey

To be honest, Royston has potential to be a great player but the years that he has been there he has got problems with alcohol, street races, he likes going pubs a lot and he isn't very professional cause sometimes comes late to training.

I wish he can demostrate all things that he couldn't in Spain.

Good luck Royston, have a good season and score 3 or 4 goals against Liverpool.

If you're Spanish I'm a monkeys uncle.

Just surfaced after a day at work without internet to learn Drenthe has signed on a season's loan, Personally, I think it's great news.

As he's out of contract at the end of the season he has a chance (and he will know it), to put himself in the window for both a move AND the international team for Euro 2012. The supporters will be massively behind him and if he plays well I'm sure he'll se what a great club we are and want to stay. On the other hand, if he plays like a crock of shit we can get rid sharpish.

Great deal for Everton and great deal for him. I am creaming my knicks. Welcome to Goodison Royston; now go and wreck the shit of some opposing full backs.

He seems a bit mad but also has a track record of starting well at clubs so I think he'll do well for a couple of months at least. Hopefully he's grown up a bit & realised that this is an opportunity he needs to take so we'll get a full season of him at his best. Don't think there's any chance of him staying after a year. Once he's a free agent he'll be looking for the best signing-on fee & wages he can get, which won't be our offer.