IGNORED

Royston Drenthe

Haha, yeah i think you got it wrong, not meant that slang :D in Finland if you say something that you scare to happen if you say it out loud, you have to knock wood fast lol , that will take the bad thing away from happening :D , yeah i knew something like that will come up with this XD just about being superstitious worship[1].gif

The more i think about it the more i believe Dm has pulled off another masterstroke in signing this guy!

If he settles fast and finds his 'spiritual home' at Goodison i think he can be twice the player Mikel has been for us in the past 2 years say

Potentially free transfer and if he does find his best form here, inevitably he'll be sold for a large wod of filthy lucre well done Dm win/win.....potentially speaking I feel the force is strong with this one.

Edited by bluemist

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3798904/Royston-Drenthe-glee-at-Everton-move.html

ROYSTON DRENTHE says he turned down a host of top European clubs to join Everton on loan.

The speedy Real Madrid winger was a summer target for several sides, including Portuguese giants Benfica.

Drenthe, 24, said: "I told my agent the only thing I wanted is to go to England. If not I'd stay in Madrid

Massive dutch prescence in the Prem league (current and historic) may swing it for him:

Johnny H, babel, kuyt, Van Der Vaart, Van Der Sar, Van Meyde (hmmm), bergkamp, Van Nistlerooy, van Hoojidonk, van persie, robben, overmars, hasselbaink, stam,

absolutely loads of them, having been over there a couple of times and my local club having an affiliation with an amateur team- rest assured they know absolutely everything about our league.

Wouldn't surprise me he chose our league over another european league.

How do you say his name? I've heard a lot of talk about how to say the Argentine's name, but this one isn't obvious to me either. DRENTH? DREN-thuh? Dutch people always seem to tell me that most Dutch footballers' names are mispronounced by English speakers.

3 seconds in Dutch tv station name is drenthe so guess will be same pronunciation

http://youtu.be/cQEtpN2_D1I How the Spanish pronounced it

Edited by pete0

Sounds like he won't be playing against Villa sad.png

On a side note, the old man bought myself and him the third shirts yesterday, and he got Drenthe 10 on the back. It looks quality!! However a fat, white, middle aged man is not quite the young, small, black lad that the name represents laugh.png

He got Drenthe or R. R. Drenthe which is the official one and looks like shite?!