IGNORED

Moyes

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream Round got sacked and there was an arguement over who was going to be the next assistant manager smile.png But I'm not sure sacking Round would be the answer. Plus, I'm sure if Round left Moyes would hire someone similar to him.

Probs just promote Irvine back to his old role, which i'd prefer to Round

Probs just promote Irvine back to his old role, which i'd prefer to Round

Thats not a bad idea that pete, i like Irvine he comes across well, but id give Reidy a jod aswell he had no chance down there the players werent getting paid and neither was he!! Hes a top bloke and he knows what it takes to win near enough everything!!

Isn't Round in the same boat as Moyes though to be fair?

There are no magic wands, and even if someone else came in, they'd still only have a bare bones squad.

I would like an assistant who In yesterday's scenario would have said "David, you are having a laugh, this is embarrassing - get fellaini where he plays best, get Neville off and get a striker on the pitch, your tactics make us look like Swansea - just happy to be there"

I would like an assistant who In yesterday's scenario would have said "David, you are having a laugh, this is embarrassing - get fellaini where he plays best, get Neville off and get a striker on the pitch, your tactics make us look like Swansea - just happy to be there"

completely agree

completely agree

Watching goals on Sunday and I'm just angered, seen moyes moaning about kompany on Cahill. He already looked like a negative park the bus tool, and all he can muster is some sort of moan about a challenge that wasn't worth mentioning given that Tim did take off with two feet. Was he doing that in order to escape questioning of his boring pathetic negative stifling tactics?

Tactically he has to be the most frustrating manager in the league.

Watching goals on Sunday and I'm just angered, seen moyes moaning about kompany on Cahill. He already looked like a negative park the bus tool, and all he can muster is some sort of moan about a challenge that wasn't worth mentioning given that Tim did take off with two feet. Was he doing that in order to escape questioning of his boring pathetic negative stifling tactics?

Tactically he has to be the most frustrating manager in the league.

He was doing it because Kompany delberately stamped on one of our players and got away with it. The ref was diabolical all game so why shouldnt Moyes have a moan about it?

I am a bit surprised by the reaction in here to yesterdays game. City have been flying and so yes Moyes did set his stall out to stifle them and go for the draw. So what?

I would have taken 0-0 any day of the week, and if it hadnt been for some dubious refereeing I think we would have got the draw

Flipping heck Haf, you're not half hard on the guys who run the club lol.

Moyes has to do what he can, and what he feels is the best option. Maybe he felt if we went out to attack City we would get absolutely stuffed. You can't be a manager, and please fans every week whilst keeping your job. You have to bend with the footballing winds, or break. Let's see what January brings us in the market, if anything, as we're a little thread bare at present.

He was doing it because Kompany delberately stamped on one of our players and got away with it. The ref was diabolical all game so why shouldnt Moyes have a moan about it?

I am a bit surprised by the reaction in here to yesterdays game. City have been flying and so yes Moyes did set his stall out to stifle them and go for the draw. So what?

I would have taken 0-0 any day of the week, and if it hadnt been for some dubious refereeing I think we would have got the draw

After a couple of views of the challenge - initially I thought Cahill was the aggressor - BUT, I saw a slow mo replay, and it did make Kompany look like he was about to let Cahill know who was boss.

Now of course, I'm biased, and would say that Kompany's not that type of player (which he isn't) - Balotelli would do it though.

I don't think Kompany was aiming to take Cahill out. But I suspect he intended to leave a mark.

As for Moyes - from an outsider's point of view - keeping him strengthens the reputation in Everton being a solid / stable club - well grounded, good place to play. This attracts many players.

BUT... that doesn't mean a better manager couldn't come in and improve things.

That said - A LOT of clubs have gone for 'top' managers and it's not worked. It's still the usual suspects winning stuff every year and arguably, the most successful team of all have had the same manager forever - love him or loathe him, the players know who is boss.

I believe Moyes has the same respect from his players.

Contrast that with City who could turn on Mancini at any moment, or Chelsea who'd do the same. The only thing keeping them at bay is winning. As soon as a losing streak starts - there's mutiny.

Stick with Moyes. The gamble of a different manager is too great.

IF you come into money, then he will be fired anyway. Whoever invests will inevitably go down the high profile route and seek out a bigger name. Quite who'd come is not easy to fathom - wouldn't be a Mourinho that's for sure, but it might be a Gullit / Hughes / O'Neil type - and in all honestly, I'm not sure they'd do a better job.

The game plan on saturday although not the prettiest would have been affective if it weren't for Kompany and Webb. Before Cahill went off City had all the ball but we were never threatened and even though we hardly got forward we looked the more likely to score a goal when we did compared to them jus holding possession in front of our goal. If we had won every one would have praised Moyes tactics.

I wouldve taken a 0-0 too but only if we had actually tried to win the game too, or at least tried to play football. Setting out to park the bus, considering our recent history against them, was just Moyes bottling it. Again.

I'm sorry but city as talented as they are do not warrant that sort of negative tactics. Which way do we want it? Either we are a strong team under moyes and kenwright or we are a diluted bunch of rejects and bargain buys?

Me I think we have some real quality that justifies at least having a go at them lot, we lose 6-2? So what! More likely to get a result trying to win a game rather than playing like pussies and circling the wagon. Piss poor, and shame on anyone who even tries to justify the shite moyes tried to pull. Joke.

Not sure I agree Hafnia...

If you'd lost 6-2 there'd be a hell of a lot of Evertonians saying "what on earth was he thinking trying to out play THAT lot?"

Great entertainment for neutrals, but his job (ultimately) isn't to provide entertainment. It's to sustain Everton in the Premier League and accumulate as many points as possible in order to improve the financial stability of the club. That's the long and short of it.

Negative tactics - absolutely, but I don't see Everton as a negative team (a la Stoke). I just think he did what he thought was the best solution that MIGHT grab a sneaky win, and it didn't work.

On another day (when we come to Goodison) the very same tactic might work. It certainly wasn't a fundamentally 'wrong' tactic that could never work. It just didn't on the day

Not sure I agree Hafnia...

If you'd lost 6-2 there'd be a hell of a lot of Evertonians saying "what on earth was he thinking trying to out play THAT lot?"

Great entertainment for neutrals, but his job (ultimately) isn't to provide entertainment. It's to sustain Everton in the Premier League and accumulate as many points as possible in order to improve the financial stability of the club. That's the long and short of it.

Negative tactics - absolutely, but I don't see Everton as a negative team (a la Stoke). I just think he did what he thought was the best solution that MIGHT grab a sneaky win, and it didn't work.

On another day (when we come to Goodison) the very same tactic might work. It certainly wasn't a fundamentally 'wrong' tactic that could never work. It just didn't on the day

I think you're fair minded. I accept some of your views will be different than mine on things, but I couldn't accuse you of being a tit like some other City fans from what you've wrote here so far on the forum.

I trust in Moyes, which means I have to trust him to do the right thing by the club 100%. This includes using his judgement to make decisions, that I might not agree with also. It's just as big a decision to play defensively as it is to play attacking. Only after the event can we judge if something worked or not on many things, but Moyes doesn't have that leisure. He makes his decision based on the best possible average, and it's his decision making which has kept Everton at the top end of the table for the last decade. I think it's sour grapes that fans can't credit the guy based on the amount of times he gets it right, rather than the few times he gets it wrong. I'm sure if Moyes had a billion to spend he'd give City as many trophies as the next manager.

Moyes tactics rarely vary whether we play city away or QPR at home. He tends to stick with 4-5-1 no matter what. Square pegs in round holes, Fellaini in an attacking midfield position? Did he not learn anything from his first year here? The lad is a defensive midfielder and a class one at that - as an attacking midfielder he lacks the zip and playmakers instinct, he got caught in possession several times when he needed to release it up top.

Cahill is not a striker, fellaini is not an attacking midfielder. Moyes has a habit of playing players in a position other than what they are best at (Heitinga, Neville = midfield? Rodwell on the right?, Osman on the left?)

To call him defensive is like saying James Corden may have a tendancy for fast food.

Moyes tactics rarely vary whether we play city away or QPR at home. He tends to stick with 4-5-1 no matter what. Square pegs in round holes, Fellaini in an attacking midfield position? Did he not learn anything from his first year here? The lad is a defensive midfielder and a class one at that - as an attacking midfielder he lacks the zip and playmakers instinct, he got caught in possession several times when he needed to release it up top.

Cahill is not a striker, fellaini is not an attacking midfielder. Moyes has a habit of playing players in a position other than what they are best at (Heitinga, Neville = midfield? Rodwell on the right?, Osman on the left?)

To call him defensive is like saying James Corden may have a tendancy for fast food.

Fellaini scored 10 goals for us to be fair when he was used in an attacking role, as did Cahill. We don't have the money to have perfect players for each position. This is where Moyes has had to improvise. Everton were playing 'wonderful' football only a season ago, so not sure your analysis has too much foundation Haf. We don't have Pienaar, Arteta, nor do we have Donovan who was around at the time we were playing well and losing Lescott didn't exactly help. Even Gosling and Yakubu have gone. Even when our football was superb, we had no strikers who could score, so Moyes can't win.

Had we been able to get Drenthe, and Beckford, at the same time we had Pienaar we would have almost cracked it, but it's almost impossible for us to have all the players all of the time, especially as our squad is so small, and our injuries so frequent.

With Saha's days numbered (it seems) and Cahill not able to perform miracles - I'm still not sure what the problem with Beckford was.

It seems to me that either you're going to have to buy (unlikely) or bring through someone from the academy and have a LOT of patience with them.

Since it doesn't look like you can be an out and out attacking team (at least not for some time), your strength seems to be on the break - but playing that games means less chances and a need to take those chances when they come - i.e. a merciless finisher.

I know this is a massive over simplification, and Cahill's not a bad player at all - but I'm just not sure he's a merciless finisher, and it's hard work for him on is own.

Although not a striker, I think you could have done well with Shaun Wright Phillips, or tried your luck with a cheeky bid for someone like Defoe?

Are things REALLY that tight on the money front ?

Yes, things are tight.

I think Vellios must be given a chance now. He looks to have a bit about him. Selling Beckford really pissed me off, and I'm not sure why he was sold. I thought he could have been a great player for us if only Moyes had given him a full time job.

My only complaint with Moyes is that we have no continuity of formation, and certain players seem to get picked regardless of form.

For me, Jags needs to be dropped. He is a liability at the moment. Put Heitinga in for a while.