IGNORED

Protest prior to Aston Villa game

FairWooney

huh.png So i'm wrong? In what way am I wrong because i don't support the protests?

Meant that people who think the board are doing a good job are wrong. I suppose I should add "in my opinion"

Didn't say it's wrong not to support the protests. Just don't get the attitude that there's nothing a supporter can do about it so why bother trying?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for supporters doing something (Haf can back that up based on what i've spoken with him regarding in the past), however I do think there are other methods that can be pursued, that might not be seen as damaging.

Because whether you guys (BU) like it or not, protests to the general public are seen as rebelious and reactive. Get protests on teh news and how many potential new fans might be put off by the fact there's marches happening outside of the games?

Meant that people who think the board are doing a good job are wrong. I suppose I should add "in my opinion"

Didn't say it's wrong not to support the protests. Just don't get the attitude that there's nothing a supporter can do about it so why bother trying?

You addressed this statement. Which pleases me. At the end of the day, this whole fiasco is based on a million opinion, views and sentiments.

Noone is ever wrong. Noone is ever right. (and Marco your not right all the time matey ;))

So if the board all go. Then what? What's the master plan? Some genius entrepreneur marketer comes in like Garry Cook. Shit, one problem, we can't afford to pay some one to run the club. Kenwright ousted Johnson and has been slowly fixing the mess ever since, keeping us in the league was no minor feat, we had a team of Scott Gemmills at the time not many people from the squad would have seen fans wearing shirts with their name on the back round Liverpool, now we have a whole squad we can be proud of. Now we're secured in a very competitive/dangerous league and we've starting paying back the money we owe for helping us to this status and the previous mis-management of the club.

What more do we want

Board- no money

Players- no money

Stadium-no money

Even if we get a new board I don't see how that solves the problem.

There is a lot of money in football, but not much profit. So that leaves 2 types of investor bored/mad billionaire which leaves the club at risk, and multi-millionaire who's in it to sell the assets and make a small fortune.

Could some one please give me a clear list of objectives (I must be missing something, something clear, obvious to what they want, why and how it's gonna help, because I am frustrated as fuck to why the hell people are moaning)

Edited by pete0

I don't believe that we are secure. From the last two sets of accounts we are selling assets at an alarming rate & yet the debt continues to grow. In the last accounts we made a profit of £19m on players but still managed to make a loss & add more debt, so there's nothing to convince me that the 2011 accounts will show a profit or a decrease in debt. For this season our board have had to produce documents to prove to the bank that we are capable of operating for the full season without running out of cash & asking for more

How much do we have to sell just to become stable, never mind to start paying off the debt? What players will be left? I don't see any evidence that this board are capable of pulling us out of this decline which will inevitably lead to relegation struggles. And if we do ever get relegated, god help us. We won't have parachute payments - they will already have been borrowed against & effectively spent. We would be instantly insolvent.

Only a sale to someone who could pay off the debt will secure our future. The current board have had long enough to do this & failed. We need experts to come in & do it for them

I don't believe that we are secure. From the last two sets of accounts we are selling assets at an alarming rate & yet the debt continues to grow. In the last accounts we made a profit of £19m on players but still managed to make a loss & add more debt, so there's nothing to convince me that the 2011 accounts will show a profit or a decrease in debt. For this season our board have had to produce documents to prove to the bank that we are capable of operating for the full season without running out of cash & asking for more

How much do we have to sell just to become stable, never mind to start paying off the debt? What players will be left? I don't see any evidence that this board are capable of pulling us out of this decline which will inevitably lead to relegation struggles. And if we do ever get relegated, god help us. We won't have parachute payments - they will already have been borrowed against & effectively spent. We would be instantly insolvent.

Only a sale to someone who could pay off the debt will secure our future. The current board have had long enough to do this & failed. We need experts to come in & do it for them

I meant that we have secured a premiership place, and now we've moved on to sorting out the debt.

Why is threadstill going when mine got closed.

Not appy abar this at all.

Prejudice is not good

This was more specific, than a simple what do you think of BU/Kenwright which have been discussed to death over the last couple of weeks in the general and some of the rumours sections. (am not a mod thou, so maybe they just don't like you afro2.gif )

Weve just got 4 people off the wage bill, 3 of which had considerable wages:Yak (40k), Yobo (45k), Arteta (75k). No idea what Beckford was on, and those 3 are just the rumours. If thats right its roughly 8.3m a year off the wage bill alone with those 3. Our debt was 5m a year, if i remember correctly, so we should in fact make some what of profit, provided we finish high, ticket sales are the same etc

Im tired and havent read most of the thread so apologies if im talking shite or repeating people....

Edited by Matt