IGNORED

Protest prior to Aston Villa game

FairWooney

we have been role models to clubs trying to not get relegated. very small clubs who have the aim of being average as a success. clubs who cant touch us for history, cant touch us for anything we have done in the past. these are the kind of clubs to be associated with?

would any of them want to be in our position right now? with our constraints? i very much doubt it.

im gunna try very hard not to reply anymore, average is just not good enough for me. i cant stand to see people accept it as best. im not saying we "deserve" too be better, but we should at least strive to be.

i wonder how many of them clubs wished they had the pleasure of writing to the banks asking not to be shut down.

Edited by StevO

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say WBA, Wigan and Fulham are most similar, an Stoke, Blackburn, Bolton and Sunderland have used it as a guide as well.

http://www.evertonfc...o-emulate-blues Haf will love this one, also mentions Villa

http://www.skysports...-USS_01DBC.html

http://www.lancashir...s_boss/?ref=rss

http://www.tribalfoo...el-club-1399431

Quality research Peteworship[1].gif .

imitation is the lowest form of wit..sarcasm is the highest form of bein a cunt..i'm excellent at it..there was no need though haf people listen to your arguments..as soon as someone answers a question using a bit of their own time you jump in with that kind of response...not necessary at all

Sorry for being a horrible person. San Miguel overload from last night, was in spare room status.

we have been role models to clubs trying to not get relegated. very small clubs who have the aim of being average as a success. clubs who cant touch us for history, cant touch us for anything we have done in the past. these are the kind of clubs to be associated with?

would any of them want to be in our position right now? with our constraints? i very much doubt it.

im gunna try very hard not to reply anymore, average is just not good enough for me. i cant stand to see people accept it as best. im not saying we "deserve" too be better, but we should at least strive to be.

i wonder how many of them clubs wished they had the pleasure of writing to the banks asking not to be shut down.

Well we were very much relegation candidates year in year out, and now we are almost challenging for europe. So I think it's a very good model for the other clubs to follow. Average, 7th out of 92. We could have easily been a lot lower. 4th is a realistic goal, if we get that a few times winning the league will become a real possibility. Bit of a long shot, and it will take time, but imagine the feeling if it did happen on merit and hard work rather than the quick fix some people are crying for.

Thanks Mike :)

Edited by pete0

Well we were very much relegation candidates year in year out, and now we are almost challenging for europe. So I think it's a very good model for the other clubs to follow. Average, 7th out of 92. We could have easily been a lot lower. 4th is a realistic goal, if we get that a few times winning the league will become a real possibility. Bit of a long shot, and it will take time, but imagine the feeling if it did happen on merit and hard work rather than the quick fix some people are crying for.

Thanks Mike smile.png

I have only read the last page of this thread, so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but what exactly is/was our model? What have we done off the pitch that makes them clubs look at following us?

I think you will find (again apologies if its not as im in a rush) that a lot of the comments about following Evertons model, are aimed at our on the pitch improvement. We got disciplined, we defended and worked as a team, we slowly traded work horses for quality and improved our position in the league. That is what these clubs want to emulate and it has very little to do with our off the pitch performance, which is what the 'protesting' is all about.

That was after more than a few booed him.

I dont know about the rest of the ground but in the Park End was when the camera went on BK a few of the Bufoon Union booed him so everybody else applauded him.

It seemed pretty clear thathe still has the backing of the vast majority of the match going Evertonians.

I was listening to Radio City on the way to the game and they interviewed one of the spokesmen for the BU and he didnt come accross too well to be honest. He wannted BK out but didnt seem to know what he wanted instead. Ian Snodin and Ian St John started to press him and all he could come up with was that he wanted an autonomous board put in place to sell the club. But then he agreed that BK would sell if an offer came in and he also agreed that just about everybody in the world already knows the club is for sale but there just isnt anybody out there who are likely to want to buty the club.

So whats the point of the protest?

I dont know about the rest of the ground but in the Park End was when the camera went on BK a few of the Bufoon Union booed him so everybody else applauded him.

It seemed pretty clear thathe still has the backing of the vast majority of the match going Evertonians.

I was listening to Radio City on the way to the game and they interviewed one of the spokesmen for the BU and he didnt come accross too well to be honest. He wannted BK out but didnt seem to know what he wanted instead. Ian Snodin and Ian St John started to press him and all he could come up with was that he wanted an autonomous board put in place to sell the club. But then he agreed that BK would sell if an offer came in and he also agreed that just about everybody in the world already knows the club is for sale but there just isnt anybody out there who are likely to want to buty the club.

So whats the point of the protest?

Exactly! BK and BU seem to want the same thing for EFC(apart from the obvious not wanting each other!)

I have no evidence but whispers upstairs in the Winslow were that people were stood abusing BK (who was with his wife) as he arrived at the game today - what knobs if that is true. They talk about true fans... well a true fan doesn't drag the clubs name through shit like this - scum!

I for one clapped BK when he appeared on the screen - he's a true blue. I want him to sell the club, but so does he.

Obviously in Bill's eyes the right buyer hasn't come along... the Lerner rumours seem to stack up but another rumour round here (I'm local to Villa) is Ellis walked out on Lerner in their meeting as he's a complete tit and that deal almost failed because of this. But in the end someone convinced Ellis and he was past ready to sell anyway with his age, etc.

Villa losing O'Neill suggests Lerner may not be as good a chairman as many make out, O'Neill was to villa what Moyes is to us. Yeah they spent a bit of money but look at them now... they sold their best 2 players this summer and have done for they past few summers.

Chelsea and Man.City = false economy. Not many other takeovers have been very successful.

Edited by c1982

I have only read the last page of this thread, so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but what exactly is/was our model? What have we done off the pitch that makes them clubs look at following us?

I think you will find (again apologies if its not as im in a rush) that a lot of the comments about following Evertons model, are aimed at our on the pitch improvement. We got disciplined, we defended and worked as a team, we slowly traded work horses for quality and improved our position in the league. That is what these clubs want to emulate and it has very little to do with our off the pitch performance, which is what the 'protesting' is all about.

im glad you understood the point i was making bailey. you just put it into better words than i do.

love the bloke in the clown costume, i wonder if he was feeling a bit self conscious after being sat in the ground for an hour?

there was definitely more noise today, whether that was the BU supporters trying to make more noise, or the people against the BU's ideas trying to make more noise, im glad it was all in support of the lads on the pitch for that 90 mins.