IGNORED

Protest prior to Aston Villa game

FairWooney

are you into the idea of the interim board or bringing in a figure to push the sale mark?

dont think ive read your opinion on this.

Bringing in someone with the sole purpose of selling the club would be ideal for me, because I think it's quite clear that Kenwright is not the best man to sell the club despite the fantasy he's deluding himself with.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This s the chairman who got us into the CL qualifying round.

Got us to a top half finish in 7 of the last 10 seasons

And employed Moyes.

It's easy to focus on negatives but there are positives as well

im sure moyes will appreciate that you didnt notice all of his hard work.

Since when were football fans experts at running a multi-million pound business..We have an owner who is a true evertonian and has given everything to the club. Anyone who understands finance and debt would no thats its all about long jevity and paying the banks interest..securing the clubs future. It wouuld be easy enough to emabark on buying new players,ground etc and forcing the club into more debt = more interest and no garuntee of a drastically improved revenue. All you are doing is making the club/players and the proper fans look stupid and divided. Do us a favour go to anfield

I'd love to respond but I really haven't got a clue what you are trying to say

Since when were football fans experts at running a multi-million pound business..We have an owner who is a true evertonian and has given everything to the club. Anyone who understands finance and debt would no thats its all about long jevity and paying the banks interest..securing the clubs future. It wouuld be easy enough to emabark on buying new players,ground etc and forcing the club into more debt = more interest and no garuntee of a drastically improved revenue. All you are doing is making the club/players and the proper fans look stupid and divided. Do us a favour go to anfield

since when was bill an expert at running a multi million pound business?

the issue isnt that the club should be plunged into more debt, its why has it been plunged into the debt the way it has been.

have you took any notice of all what been going on? or have you believed te clubs spin that this is because we didnt buy anyone this year?

Bringing in someone with the sole purpose of selling the club would be ideal for me, because I think it's quite clear that Kenwright is not the best man to sell the club despite the fantasy he's deluding himself with.

his quotes about how good he is at selling the club are a big worry to me. its hard to convince people you are good at something you havent been able to do for such a long time.

the issue isnt that the club should be plunged into more debt, its why has it been plunged into the debt the way it has been.

have you took any notice of all what been going on? or have you believed te clubs spin that this is because we didnt buy anyone this year?

Isn't Bill a self made millionaire.

I would guess taht gives him more credit than most fans

Isn't Bill a self made millionaire.

I would guess taht gives him more credit than most fans

bill is a show writer, he has people running his theatre company for him. they do a good job and make him money.

bill is a show writer, he has people run his football club for him. they dont do such a good job, they lose millions a year and sell assets, his other owners wont put a penny into the club and the bank dont like shareholders who dont invest when you ask them for money. they make short sighted deals to get money quick which cause massive costs in the future and make it difficult to make any sort of profit.

He's only been at it 4 years though according to him wink.png.

three years according to his CEO.

Edited by StevO

. I want him gone too dont get me wrong. But dividing the fans and players makes us as bad as the kopites. I believe him in the sense he is looking for the right buyer. But we all need to admit we are not a good financial investment. We are all evertonians and we all love our club but at the end of the day we are not football club chairmans or directors. Our purpose is to support our club/ players. Kenwright got us out the shit and has kept our head above water. We shouldnt be abusing him

I believe that Kenwright is uniquely unqualified to sell the club. He seems to think that selling Everton is purely about a passionate sales pitch demonstrating how much he loves the club. That's not how a corporate sale works & being able to tell 2 hours of anecdotes about how much you love the club is not really what is needed.

The other thing is that really good sales people know when to shut the fuck up. The transcript demonstrates that Bill really doesn't know how to do this. this quote from the Mail article is interesting

'You know, I've sat with people who wanted to invest in the club and there was one guy, a very nice man, a businessman in Liverpool, and he listened for an hour and a half and finally, he said, "Bill, I don't want to be you. I want to be able to take my kids to school in the morning".'

Why do I get the feeling that during the 90 minutes this guy listened to Bill, Bill spent a fair portion of it saying, "You can't imagine how stressful & dangerous it is to own a football club. I get death threats all the time. It's a nightmare.....So do you want to buy the club off me?"

I honestly do believe that the BU mean well and I would have a certain amount of sympathy for them however abusing Kenwright is not the way to go about it

I have a similar view to this. I have sympathy to BU as I do for Africans who kill there children because they think the baby is possessed, they mean well...

Edited by pete0

why does it make us as bad as anyone? the liverpool fans werent happy that their club were going backwards. i actually have respect for them, they put pressure on their board and it made a difference. they might not have forced the sale themselves, but they certainly made the world know that they will only accept the best.

the man united fans have protested the glaziers and didnt get anything done.

the fans are not separated from the players, ALL evertonians are behind the team. not all evertonians are behind the board.

kenwright did get us out of johnsons hands, but ive made my opinons of johnson clear on here before and most dont agree with me.

but keeping our head above water isnt necessarily accurate.

i agree he should not be abused.

For what it's worth, my opinion is BK deserved his applause yesterday. He has done a lot for this club and deserves his place in our clubs history. Where would we be if he hadn't done the work he did to take the ownership away from Peter Johnson? That's why I clapped over the boo's - if there had been no boo's I doubt I would have done anything.

I want a new owner ASAP - a owner who can take us forward, help propel us to the next level... but so does Bill! It's a catch 22 situation, I think Bill wants to sell to the perfect owner because he's a fan and maybe he's being too cautious with regard to a Lerner type buyer, or Bill wants to sell to someone who will keep him as part of the team (which may not neccessarily be such a bad thing).

Regardless of who we get to sell us Kenwright will have the final say. He doesn't deserve some of the abuse he's getting, he and Moyes have helped raise the expectations of the fans in their time here. I think Bill has held on too long and missed some excellent opportunities (Kings Dock being the main one) but I still think he wants the best for the club in the long run and will do what he can while he is in charge.