IGNORED

vs W.B.A (Carling Cup) Wednesday 21.9.2011

LexKing

So i opened a topic, cause noone either hadnt do it, every1 forgot whole game?

Anyway, i think Carling Cup(League Cup) will be ours this year, and that naturally means we will win this game. Jags talked about our strong bench and thats definitely situation atm, even almost all of us were thinking, how we are even going to fill whole bench. Happily both loanees seems to enjoy their time in here and have been handy so far for us. We have again quite a lot of options to pick our starting eleven. Prolly Barkley plays in this game so what will the formation be? I think also that Nev will play in this, even i think Hibbo has been good lately, it was about time from him. Dunno if its good to leave him on bench and play Nev, but we will see what going to happen.

I would want to see strongest team possible to start and i think its like this:

Howard

Nev/Hibbo-Jags-Distin-Baines

Osman-Barkley-Rodwell-R.R.

Bily

Cahill

West Brom are going to be a decent team this year, so it will be interesting to see how we cope with them, as beating teams like this will give us a clue as to where we are likely to finish this season.

I would personally rest Osman & Cahill. Both of them work extremely hard each game and I would rather save them for City. Plus I think we could have some pretty decent replacements lined up. I would like to see Vellios start, maybe along side Straqualarsi or possibly someone like Barkley/Bily playing behind him. Drenthe should get a game and I would get Heitinga in at the back for one of the other CB's. Aside from that (and maybe Mucha getting involved) I would keep most things the same and try and go for goals. We will have plenty of players on the pitch with a point to prove in one way or another so lets see what they can do.

I'd expect Drenthe, Barkley and hopefully Gueye to start.

Would be nice to see 2 strikers for this game, I'm not a big anti 4-5-1 person but it would be good to have a change for the cup game and give a couple of the strikers a run out. I'd expect Saha will be in the match squad for this game.

Saha up front with Vellios or Denis would be an interesting pairing with Denis and Vellios looking like worthy target man with Saha playing the finisher.

Heitinga should get a game in place of one of the centre backs as well as he could do with a game for match fitness.

I'd rest Cahill.

I expect a strong team - would like to see Gueye given a go on the right, coleman is not fit and could do with a ressies game or two.

Would like 4-4-2 - Barkley and Felli in central partnership, Drenthe on the left, Denis and Velios up front (Bit like rideout and ferguson)

Potential to change by bringing cahill on and rodwell on and shifting barkley onto left/right and operate the same formation. Keep defence as it was.

If he drops Hibbo and Nev has a good game, does that mean Hibbo gets dropped for Man city? If so wrong message. Hibbo should stay till he has a poor game or injured/suspended.

I'm all for continuity with this squad in terms of top performers till we need to select otherwise

Our back 4 has looked like a slightly more cohesive unit recently. I would leave it as it is. We have big games coming up and will need to be tight at the back.

Hard on Hibbo if Nevile does play and then gets his place back. Hibbo has hardly put a foot wrong yet and his cross for Velios goal on Sat was something Neville could never had done. I do like Phil but he has looked a yard off the pace so far this season and I wonder whether the knees are starting to knock

Physical battle! WBA will see this as a half decent chance to advance.

I'd have thought a strong team will be needed to beat them tonight, how badly does Moyes want to win this?

Mucha, Baines, Heitinga, Jagielka, Drenthe, Stracqualursi, Neville, Barkley, Coleman, Fellaini, Rodwell

EDIT:

Substitutes

Edited by wallwriter