IGNORED

Everton vs Fulham (away)

Matt

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The centre of midfield isnt working very well as a unit. Felli just isnt getting involved enough.Id take Neville off, drop Felli back and bring Barkley on. His & Osman could rotate between each other.

Rodwell has looked pretty good again so far. Him and Barkley together with Felli behind might just get me a little bit excited.

The centre of midfield isnt working very well as a unit. Felli just isnt getting involved enough.Id take Neville off, drop Felli back and bring Barkley on. His & Osman could rotate between each other.

Rodwell has looked pretty good again so far. Him and Barkley together with Felli behind might just get me a little bit excited.

This

Really do not understand why Neville has got back in the team. He hasnt had a good game this season, used to be a big fan of his, but this surely has to be his last year.

Well we are leading, and there are certainly plus points to take from that first half. However, Fulham have been all over us for 35minutes of that game and we keep reverting back to our Chelsea/Man City form. We are sitting way too deep, the holding midfielders of Neville & Rodwell are stood off their midfielders too much, allowing them to pop it around.

Fellaini is being well and truly wasted. He looks so lethargic and sloppy when he players further forward like he is today against a snappy Fulham defence. He would perfect in this game for picking up any of the fulham strikers that drop deep but instead he is floundering between Velios and the midfield looking lost. I would definitely look to move him back there and get someone else supporting Vellios, preferably Osman who would relish the challenge (and is also being wasted out wide).

Neville as a whole doesnt seem to actually be doing anything, and while Rodwell isnt doing too much better, he has shown glimpses of quality and more importantly determination.

Vellios is looking a little lost up front, but at least he is staying up front and getting in the box. Apparently he has missed a sitter which is a shame, but he needs someone to bridge the gap better than Fellaini currently is. He has done a lot of running and held the ball up well on occasions. Hopefully if we can get some possession we might see more from him.

Lastly, Fulham seem to be able to drop balls in behind our defence quite easily which is a bit of a worry and we have had a few last ditch tackles or scrambles. Firstly we should be pressuring the ball better, Distin & Jags need to stop these balls from causing problems. Zamora & Dempsey arent world beaters but they will give you a run for your money. If we keep giving them time and space, they will score eventually.

barkley on would be good but he's not on the bench.

i'd bring bily on for neville and drop fellaini back to put bily behind vellios

That would cause a bit of a problem then! lol

I wouldnt mind seeing either Bily or Coleman. They will offer us more width that we currently have and stengthen the centre.

Edited by Bailey