IGNORED

Everton vs Fulham (away)

Matt

Howard

Hibbert/Neville Jags Distin Baines

Coleman Rodwell Fellaini Osman

Cahill

Saha

If this is the team on Sunday, win or lose I won't be pro-Moyes anymore.

Hoping for

Howard

Hibbert Heitinga Distin Baines

Barkley Rodwell/Osman Fellaini Drenthe

Saha Vellios

442 may be a lil too optimistic but atleast someone creative behind the striker. Cahill, Jags and Coleman should not be in the starting XI on recent form.

Either way think we're going to win.. we have to for Pete's my sake

Edited by pete0

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to be adventurous. Getting a bit tired of waking up before sun up to watch us jog around listlessly with no ideas. Vellios and Drenthe should be starting. I want to say Saha should be a sub, but against his old team I half way fancy him. Cahill needs to be a sub. We have to but them on the back foot from the off or it will be a long afternoon.

Given this match is to start at 11:30pm here in Aus on a Sunday, if we play anything like last weekend I'll be putting more emphasis on getting a good night's sleep rather than sitting up till 2am hoping against hope for the team to turn up.

I can't believe how people being paid so much can turn up to work and look so disinterested... perhaps they'd be happier trying their hand at some plumbing or building work or even some IT work sitting at a desk for most of the day indoors looking outside at the sunshine (might not apply to England weather) only for it to rain on the weekend?

Edited by inertia8

Moyes says that Vellios is pushing for a start but he feels he's still best as an impact sub.

Someone should point out to him that Saha and Cahill are offering no impact whatsoever.

I'd bench Cahill and get Vellios uptop with Saha. Let Saha fanny about on the half-way line clogging up the midfield like he always does and have Vellios right upfront where he can do some damage, we'd actually have someone in the box to put away any crosses that may come in. Because this season we've not had forward players in the box.

I'd also drop the useless Coleman (this season) and play Drenthe and just tell him to run at them. I want to see what he can do, whether I was right to be excited when we signed him.

I'd have Barkley back on the bench, and when Rodwell becomes anonymous (which he will) get him on the centre of the park to make something happen. None of this sticking him out wide shit, he's a poor wideman but can do lots of damage in the centre of the park with driving runs and his passing range. He has creativity, take advantage of that, don't waste it by having him on the wing.

Be brave Moyes, please, we need to win today. Send us out there with the belief we can win, don't send us out there to not get and MAYBE nick a 1-0. For one, our defence isn't good enough to play that negatively infront of them. Two, as a team we're better than that.

Don't hold us back with your negativity, Moyes, find the fire in your belly again and get your players going.

COYB!

If I see osman on the left, Cahill up front and Coleman play I will go insane. Vellios must start, drenthe and Barkley to play on the wings, and play with some TEMPO!

A few people are starting to air the concerns I've had with moyes for some time. This season we have been gutless, the manager has to take responsibility for that. Working on a shoe string does not give him the right to be so unbelievably negative.

I also want to get Drenthe and Vellios more time on field. We have been playing poorly at sundaygames, early saturdaygames, late saturdaygames, week evening games, and normar time started saturdaygames. Probably we would also play bad on mondaygames, but we havent yet have any. So Team needs to change and wake up players ASAP, before its again too late. Hopefully im wrnkg and we can still get some resut today, its more than important atm. team confidence have to get up!

COYB!

Ps. I wanna also see Barkley back in action, we have been so badly lacking on creativity lately.

Edited by LexKing

I really hope we do not play Vellios up front with Saha as has been suggested. I think if we did this they would be isolated up top forceing them to drop deep where they would be inneffective or we would just play hoofball to them hopeing for the best. Would love to see Vellios playing upfront on his own with Barkley playing just off him in the hole and Ossie and Bily playing either side in support, Felli and Rodwell playing deep and providing cover for the defence and Coleman and Baines playing as attacking full backs.

8 defensive players and 3 attacking players, if this is considered a bold move by Moyes it doesn't say alot for our usual style of play

more a step in the right direction. Gives us hope he'll sort his act out and isn't gonna be a stubborn fool sticking with the same shite week in week out no matter what

Happy to see Moyes has brought in some fresh faces, although I do fear he has shot himself in the foot by bringing Neville back. We'd be better off keeping Coleman on the pitch and using Osman to float in midfield IMO.

I hope the two new lads have good games as otherwise I fear we wont see them starting again for a while!

EDIT: Looks like Drenthe might be doing alright! lol

Edited by Bailey