IGNORED

Everton vs Fulham (away)

Matt

Thanks for all the responses from the guys at http://www.friendsoffulham.com/ . Nice group over there from what ive read.

1/ I liked Martin Jol when he was at Spurs and think hes a good manager. But do you think he is good enough to take you to the next level?

TonyGilroy - There is no next level for Fulham or Everton without an injection of £100M plus.

BalDrick - Begging the question, what exactly is the next level for us? To keep us at the level Hodgson, then briefly Hughes, took us to will do. I think, in time, he's more than capable of that, and provided the funds are available, he could take us further. To where your club used to be in fact, sniffing at Europe, very little chance of relegation, hard place to go to if you need a point or 3 on the last day of the season (which is pretty well the level I'd like Fulham to get to and stay at, any higher than that is territory occupied by clubs I detest).

Andy_M - The jury is still out on Jol in my opinion. He's made some good changes and some odd ones, still a bit early really to judge him yet, perhaps ask this again when we visit you later in the season.

AlFayedsChequebook - Echoing Tony's thoughts above, I dont think there is a 'next level' for us and with Spurs and Man City splashing the cash, unfortunately it looks like you will be joining us in mid-table purgatory for the forseeable future too.

Logicalman - I agree the next level for us, as yourselves, is simply establishing a top 7 finish each year and going into Europe. With MJ achieve that? Still cannot be sure at this stage, give him until the end of the season and we'll see. The difference between Everton and Fulham is that Everton are a well established top league side, whereas Fulham have always been the Cinderellas of the Prem, and every season we flirt with relegation.

2/ Danger men - who should we be looking out for and who are you worried about?

TonyGilroy - Not worried at all. Our main danger men are Zamora, Johnson, Duff, Dembele, Dempsey, Kasami, Ruiz, Sidwell, Murphy, Riise, Hangeland, Baird, Etuhu, Hughes and Schwarzer

BalDrick - There have been glimpses of the AJ you bought but saw all too little of, the fox in the box. Sub clause 3.2.7 requires that he will score against you on the former club ruling I think. (NB Saha doesn't qualify as he didn't go straight from us to you!) Sidwell is looking really good this season too.

Andy_M - Zamora and Dempsey, although if Kasami comes on/plays he can be an interesting character has had some great performances but also some not so good ones, I think you could say our summer signings such as Kasami and Ruiz are still very much finding their feet in the Prem league. As for who I'm worried about your end, you'd have to be stupid not to answer that with Tim Cahill!

AlFayedsChequebook - Zamora if he is in form, and of course Clint Dempsey. If Dembele is fit, expect him to be pivitol in the way the game pans out. Worried about Saha, Cahill and Coleman (who had a great game against us last year)

Logicalman - IF, and that's a biggie, AJ and BZ are both on form, then they are the obvious danger men, and now Dembele is ruled out, watch out for Demps, he can turn a game.

Cahill is always the spoiler for any team Everton play, like Demps, if he's hot that day, he'll knock a brace in for you. Baines and Rodwell are both threats, though Rodwell seems to be a little hot-headed this season, and the likes of Murphy and Sidwell can always wind him up that little bit more.

3/ If you could nab 3 of our players, who would they be?

TonyGilroy - I wouldn't want us to sign any of them

BalDrick - Not seen enough of your team of late, but I've always rated Coleman.

Andy_M - Tim Cahill, your new youngster Barkley and a fit Saha is good enough for any team in my opinion. Was a wonder of a player when with us!

AlFayedsChequebook - Ross Barkley, Jack Rodwell and Baines

Logicalman - Those mentioned above would do for starters, though how they would fit in and where might upset a few feathers.

4/ Do you expect any transfer activity in the January transfer window? If so, which area do you think you will try to improve on?

TonyGilroy - Players will be bought and sold in January but not necessarily by Fulham.

BalDrick - Yep - up front. Not convinced AJ and Bobby are overly happy under Jol, nor he with them, funds permitting wouldn't be surprised to see a biggish money striker come in. The perennial 'who will replace the Murph?' question is getting louder and louder too. We may already have the answer to that in Sidders, not sure.

Andy_M - I think we will see some activity, possibly some players leaving which will be replaced and if the right player is around to be the replacement for Danny Murphy I wouldn't be surprised if we snapped him up!

AlFayedsChequebook - I think we will be in the market for some more strikers, esp if AJ keeps flattering to deceive

Logicalman - We need another striker, as the AJ/BZ partnership depends on both being fit and well. A central defender that can actually play with Helga wouldn't go amiss, especially as Hughes seems out of sorts at the moment, and Senders doesn't do it as well. Someone to replace Smurph is a must, to get him broken in before the old codger retires

5/ The easiest question, following your stumble at Stoke, what do you think the score will be when the Blues visit the Cottage?

TonyGilroy - 2 - 0

BalDrick - 2-0 to the whites, though that probably won't reflect the game.

Andy_M - Tricky one, we always seem to do well against you at home and likewise you against us at home. So sticking with that theme I'm going for a 2-1 Fulham win!

AlFayedsChequebook - We really need to win this game with our upcoming schedule, so I will plump for 2-1 to Fulham. Would not be surprised if you grabbed a point though since your luck at the cottage in recent years has definitely changed.

Logicalman - 2-1. You might get a consolation goal, but we will still have the edge at the Cottage. 022.gif

Same old, same old from me im afraid, dont have the imagination to extend it further! There are still more responses coming in, if you fancy reading : http://www.friendsof...p?topic=16145.0

Edited by Matt

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vital game anyway, after this tough run of 3 defeats and with Man Utd next we really need at least 1pt but ideally 3pts to get us up and running.

Not that i'm writing off our hopes against Man Utd but if the lads aren't to turn up expecting a beating they really need to get some kind of confidence boost out of this game.

I don't know what the team will be but it probably won't be the one i'd pick.

I don't know who the scorers will be but it probably won't be Hibbert

I don't know what the score will be and couldn't begin to guess

Not at all hopeful.

Fulham can be a decent team, especially at home and given our recent efforts away, albeit against perceived superior teams, it doesnt provide much optimism.

The one thing I will say is that I bet most of us on here could predict who at least 10 of the 11 starters will be providing everyone is fit.

This may sound a bit premature but its a must win if we have aspirations of a top 6/7 place.

I just hope we actually have a go, it would make a nice change.

Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Rodwell, Fellaini, Osman, Coleman, Cahill, Saha - Mucha, Neville, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Stracqualursi, Drenthe, Vellios

If that's the team selection for sunday I will seriously worry about our chances. But I'd put a tenner on Moyes starting with that.

Fulham are strong defensively and attacking at home, their 6-0 thrashing of QPR making our 0-1 loss seem pathetic.

I really hope we turn up and give them a game. i also hope that Moyes introduces Vellios and Drenthe earlier in the game and gives them a chance to tip the balance.

You MUST be due a win... surely.

Fulham can be a tricky team esp at Craven Cottage, but (as for any team) a few more defeats and the pressure will really start mounting on Moyes (and upwards).

Certainly not wanting to be patronising etc, but it looks like two fair matched teams, which MIGHT make a decent game for the Everton fans for a change. There's always some rationale (regardless of you liking it or not) to play defensively against Chelsea, City et al (although I thought you were decent againt 'Pool but that was a ruined game).

So at Fulham - finally there can be NO excuse for an overly cautious / defensive approach. Tough game, but it's winnable isn't it?

Fulham (in my opinion) have real hot and cold days - there's every chance you'll catch them on a cold day and sneak a win.

With Chelsea, Man U and Newcastle on the horizon (even if Chelsea's a cup game) a defeat at Fulham can only mean a tightening of the screw for Moyes.

Makes for another interesting weekend! Can't wait.

Not confident at all, to quote Bailey "I just hope we actually have a go, it would make a nice change"

Given most recent performances it would surprise the hell out of me..........

On a side note, this will be the first game at the cottage that I will have missed for a long time, but I will be back in employment at the end of this month so will hopefully start getting to some games soon wink.png

Looking at our fixture list, i cant see another good opportunity for 3 points until we play Wolves at home ( Utd (H) Newcastle (A) ) we NEED 3 points here, Fulham are the type of team we really should be beating. Hope Vellios gets at least 45 mins, if things aren't going our way (which they probably wont). going for a scrappy 2-1 win, Cahill and Osman for us. Duff or Zamora for them.

Got some probs with my legs, but its not a problem if you know what i mean, just cant tube it or walk it all over London. Good bunch of lads down there, I missed a meet with Iggy last time But met up with the Beard and had a drink with some Lads off the Friends of Fulham forum.

Got some probs with my legs, but its not a problem if you know what i mean, just cant tube it or walk it all over London. Good bunch of lads down there, I missed a meet with Iggy last time But met up with the Beard and had a drink with some Lads off the Friends of Fulham forum.

I hope it sorts itself out for you mate.

We usually win up here and they usually win down there, but we broke the mould a couple of years ago with as you said a 2-0 win down there, I think Osman scored the goals.

Correct - last day of season a couple of yrs back, we needed it too as Villa would have overtaken us but they still sent the barcodes down that day. I remember feeling gutted I had to support Villa pre-match but wanted newcastle down so a good day all round!

Best of luck at Craven Cottage chaps!

I'm going into hiding for the weekend - I know what's comin'!

Balotelli to be red carded in the 12 minute for removing Sir Alex's dentures after being irritated by his gum chewing.

Rooney to score a hat trick having discovered a pair of dentures on the pitch and looking forward to his next BJ from a woman wearing them - since his last older woman didn't bother.

Fulham 1 : 2 Everton

United 3 : 1 City after 102 minutes