IGNORED

Everton vs Fulham (away)

Matt

After watching the game again, I think we can take a few positives from this game, which we havent been able to recently. Dont get me wrong,we still had a lot of problems, but at least in this performance there was a glimmer of hope. I will start with what I didnt like first.

Osman & Neville were anonymous for more or less the whole game. We really have to stop playing Osman out wide as it is pointless. We end up effectively playing with 10 men. I have no problems with Osman through the centre but its such a shame to see a potentially very influential player wasted. Neville just doesnt add anything to the team for me any more. He can do a job thats for sure, but he needs to do more than hold his own. I think he is better than Hibbert positionally at RB, but while Hibbo was partly at fault for a few of their chances/goal yesterday he also gets us out of the shit more, and is much better in the final third.

Secondly we seem to be playing so fucking deep! The point in getting men behind the ball is to stay compact and flood the midfield but because of the gaps and unorganisation between the two banks of four the opposition can cause us problems. Utd will have a field day if we give them the room we gave Fulham. We used to press all over the pitch and keep a high line, but now we seem more content to sit back and wait for them to come at us. We have a very pacey back 4 yet why we feel the need to sit on about 20 yards out I have no idea!

Lastly (for now) we still keep putting square pegs in round holes. Fellaini did ok but he is much better than he showed yesterday. Rodwell moved further forward in the second half, which did mean that we had more athleticism breaking forward, but again its a defensive midfielder asked to play with an attacking mindset. Like I mentioned above with Osman & Neville, if you keep playing people in positions they arent comfortable with, then we will never be able to play to play to our true potential. Sometimes players will have to come in and do a job, but when we have a fully fit squad, its a joke that it continues to happen.

Right, now for the positives. Drenthe was a fucking beast yesterday. The goal was an absolute cracker, and best of all, he knew exactly what he wanted to do and where he wanted to put it. It wasnt one of these, ill hit it hard and see what happens type shots. He meant to bend that in the far corner and he absolutely nailed it. I was also very impressed by the way he took on his man at every opportunity and the way he seemed to just bounce through tackles showing real determination. People have questioned his character, but he is exactly the type of player I would want in my team. Probably the most underated thing he did, which typifies my last point, is the way he won the header that lead to Saha's goal. He had no right to get anything on that, against a much bigger and better positioned defender, but he got stuck in, it broke to Saha and we go on to win the game.

Secondly we actually played well in that first 15-20minutes yesterday. The early goal helped (even the build up play was good) and we had 3 or 4 really good chances which is more than we have had in the Man City & Chelsea games combined. We pressed higher up the pitch, got and stuck in, and looked like we wanted to win the game. Its just a shame we sat back and let Fulham into after this period.

Considering the lack of supply for the majority of the game, I also thought Vellios did well. Leading the line against such a physical team would be tough on a world class striker, let alone someone of Vellios' age and he never took a step back. He was involved in Drenthe's wonderstrike and should have scored himself. He is a better outlet for the team than Saha IMO, especially if we could get some support to him a bit quicker.

Speaking of Saha, I actually saw him inside the penalty area at least twice yesterday and he actually looked like the quality player we all know that he is. Its amazing how a striker getting into the opposition box can lead to them scoring goals and I hope both Saha & Moyes take note. Joking aside, he did look very sharp in the area and it is a shame we havent seen more or him getting into such dangerous areas, where is certainly one of the best in the league.

Lastly is a little word for Coleman. After some very indifferent showings, he came on and gave us some really great energy in that second half, just when we needed it. Yes he ran into a few cul-de-sac's but when he got the ball to the byline or did put in a cross, we looked dangerous. He just needs to be reminded he isnt a world beater and he will get more success by keeping it simple. I would like to see him and Drenthe both starting on the wings.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give up lads. When you start with 'retarded' comments and the like it just looks poor form. Football's about opinions, opposition, rivalry, banter. When it's getting paranoid and resorting to insults it's just silly. Best of luck for the season though, it's all to play for yet!

I don't think you are showing much tact. I'll give you an example (there are many):

You've just beaten Man United by 6 goals to 1. You then write :

If you can grab a draw against Man U, your confidence will be right back on track :-)

Which bit of that don't you find a little patronising? rolleyes.gif

I don't think you are showing much tact. I'll give you an example (there are many):

You've just beaten Man United by 6 goals to 1. You then write :

If you can grab a draw against Man U, your confidence will be right back on track :-)

Which bit of that don't you find a little patronising? rolleyes.gif

which part of it do you find patronizing!? Man Utd, a team weve beaten how many times in how many years who will be on the rampage for blood having been humiliated at home by their arch rivals.... A draw sounds optimistic and if we can do that then our confidence will increase.

which part of it do you find patronizing!? Man Utd, a team weve beaten how many times in how many years who will be on the rampage for blood having been humiliated at home by their arch rivals.... A draw sounds optimistic and if we can do that then our confidence will increase.

Well Matt, if I have to explain that, then I would need to question your agenda for asking me, or supporting Bluesky. If you go on to Bluemoon, you will be subjected to the most shocking abuse imaginable, and if you wish to remain there, you take it on the chin, and continue. Here, a City lad is confronted with polite objection, and reasoned debate, yet we have to justify our posts. At the slightest sign of objection, Bluesky then spits his dummy out, and wishes us all the best for the season.

That for me is pathetic in itself.

I would often be faced with " Why don't you fuck off back to your bin dipping shit hole of a city you scummy snot gobbling Scouse cunt" where as Bluesky is challenged politely, and kicks up a fuss. rolleyes.gif

Well Matt, if I have to explain that, then I would need to question your agenda for asking me, or supporting Bluesky. If you go on to Bluemoon, you will be subjected to the most shocking abuse imaginable, and if you wish to remain there, you take it on the chin, and continue. Here, a City lad is confronted with polite objection, and reasoned debate, yet we have to justify our posts. At the slightest sign of objection, Bluesky then spits his dummy out, and wishes us all the best for the season.

That for me is pathetic in itself.

I would often be faced with " Why don't you fuck off back to your bin dipping shit hole of a city you scummy snot gobbling Scouse cunt" where as Bluesky is challenged politely, and kicks up a fuss. rolleyes.gif

question my agenda?! Christ, you really cant stand people taking a stand against you can you? I was simply asking because I couldnt see 1 condescending or patronizing remark in his posts. Wasnt asking you to justify, just explain.

I sticking up for him because hes been nothing but polite since he came here.

As for bluemoon - this isnt it and I would hope we are above the sly digs etc....

question my agenda?! Christ, you really cant stand people taking a stand against you can you? I was simply asking because I couldnt see 1 condescending or patronizing remark in his posts. Wasnt asking you to justify, just explain.

I sticking up for him because hes been nothing but polite since he came here.

As for bluemoon - this isnt it and I would hope we are above the sly digs etc....

You have a habit of making things personal lately mate. Not sure why you feel the need to take that route. Taking a stand against me? Is that what you are doing? huh.png

I don't like some of his comments, and have politely told him so. In fact, I've done it far more politely than our other members who objected have.

I wrote a lengthy post explaining my objections. I'm not going to go over it all again, thank you very much. If he doesn't like being challenged, he's picked a very strange place to post views. Myself and Bluesky chat frequently. I'm fairly sure you don't need to take sides. The fact we disagree on some things doesn't mean we don't get on.

He might be polite, but he's also lacking in tact.

You have a habit of making things personal lately mate. Not sure why you feel the need to take that route. Taking a stand against me? Is that what you are doing? huh.png

I don't like some of his comments, and have politely told him so. In fact, I've done it far more politely than our other members who objected have.

I wrote a lengthy post explaining my objections. I'm not going to go over it all again, thank you very much. If he doesn't like being challenged, he's picked a very strange place to post views. Myself and Bluesky chat frequently. I'm fairly sure you don't need to take sides. The fact we disagree on some things doesn't mean we don't get on.

He might be polite, but he's also lacking in tact.

your line "Well Matt, if I have to explain that, then I would need to question your agenda for asking me, or supporting Bluesky." irked me. Wasnt taking sides either, just asked for some explanation....

your line "Well Matt, if I have to explain that, then I would need to question your agenda for asking me, or supporting Bluesky." irked me. Wasnt taking sides either, just asked for some explanation....

I explained myself in my first post Matt. Others have been far less sensitive than I've been, yet don't have to explain their posts. If you can't see how beating a team 6-1, and then telling another team that they should be pleased if they can manage a draw is patronising, then you'll need more than an explanation Matt. Is the answer for Everton fans on an Everton forum, to make allowances for the City fan, and ignore his comments, or for the City fan on an Everton forum to be a little more tactful? If I want to question his posts, I will. As long as I do so within the boundaries of the rules, which I have, and show him mutual respect and politeness, which I have, then you have no grounds on which to pull me. Are you singling out my posts for any particular reason Matt?

I explained myself in my first post Matt. Others have been far less sensitive than I've been, yet don't have to explain their posts. If you can't see how beating a team 6-1, and then telling another team that they should be pleased if they can manage a draw is patronising, then you'll need more than an explanation Matt. Is the answer for Everton fans on an Everton forum, to make allowances for the City fan, and ignore his comments, or for the City fan on an Everton forum to be a little more tactful? If I want to question his posts, I will. As long as I do so within the boundaries of the rules, which I have, and show him mutual respect and politeness, which I have, then you have no grounds on which to pull me. Are you singling out my posts for any particular reason Matt?

i was referring to your posts after your essay (thats not a dig either, just to indicate the longer post). I still dont see how him celebrating a historic win against his arch rivals, who are a world class team, and offering us encouragement is patronizing. All I wanted was an explanation, thats all.... Wasnt singling you out as such, was just asking.....

i was referring to your posts after your essay (thats not a dig either, just to indicate the longer post). I still dont see how him celebrating a historic win against his arch rivals, who are a world class team, and offering us encouragement is patronizing. All I wanted was an explanation, thats all.... Wasnt singling you out as such, was just asking.....

Meanwhile Evertonians are left arguing while the Manc is nowhere to be seen. rolleyes.gif

Matt, you might not see what some of us see, or read what we read, or if you do, you may choose to ignore or refrain from responding. The guy comes across as a nice lad, but his comments often raise more than a few blue eyebrows. Quite a few of us have commented, not just one or two, and plenty have questioned his intent, so it's no fluke, or accident. He is clever enough to just hold back, but is constantly talking down to us, all be it rather discreetly. Perhaps we're all paranoid, and have all taken it the wrong way, huh? Perhaps it's all innocent, and he's just careless? Perhaps he's never once chuckled to himself as he presses submit. We both know that the chances of this is possible, but slim. I thought it was rather cheeky telling everyone that he changed his name from FanchesterCity, to Bluesky, so as not to parade City all over the forum, but then puts a big City badge in his avatar,lol. If he wants banter, great; we all love a bit of banter, but keep it on the level, and stop it with the hidden digs.

The simple remedy? Knock it off Bluesky, or, be more tactful in future. I'm not sure why so many disgruntled Everton fans should have to explain why they are disgruntled about his comments instead. doh.gif

Meanwhile Evertonians are left arguing while the Manc is nowhere to be seen. rolleyes.gif

Matt, you might not see what some of us see, or read what we read, or if you do, you may choose to ignore or refrain from responding. The guy comes across as a nice lad, but his comments often raise more than a few blue eyebrows. Quite a few of us have commented, not just one or two, and plenty have questioned his intent, so it's no fluke, or accident. He is clever enough to just hold back, but is constantly talking down to us, all be it rather discreetly. Perhaps we're all paranoid, and have all taken it the wrong way, huh? Perhaps it's all innocent, and he's just careless? Perhaps he's never once chuckled to himself as he presses submit. We both know that the chances of this is possible, but slim. I thought it was rather cheeky telling everyone that he changed his name from FanchesterCity, to Bluesky, so as not to parade City all over the forum, but then puts a big City badge in his avatar,lol. If he wants banter, great; we all love a bit of banter, but keep it on the level, and stop it with the hidden digs.

The simple remedy? Knock it off Bluesky, or, be more tactful in future. I'm not sure why so many disgruntled Everton fans should have to explain why they are disgruntled about his comments instead. doh.gif

I was only asking you to explain, which you still havent, how he was having a dig....

Actually, you know what, I havent got the energy to do this dance with you.

I was only asking you to explain, which you still havent, how he was having a dig....

Actually, you know what, I havent got the energy to do this dance with you.

Ah, it's me at fault, for not explaining myself to you, and not you for demanding that I do? wink.png

OK mate. I get it now. Cheers. You have 2 left feet anyway. laugh.png

<p>

</p>

<p>which part of it do you find patronizing!? Man Utd, a team weve beaten how many times in how many years who will be on the rampage for blood having been humiliated at home by their arch rivals.... A draw sounds optimistic and if we can do that then our confidence will increase.</p>

<p>

A draw should be the minimum expected, we've constantly given them a game at Goodison and could have made premiership history if it werent for a early whistle.

Regarding BlueSky he's ignorant as fuck or just trolling.

Edited by pete0

<p>

A draw should be the minimum expected, we've constantly given them a game at Goodison and could have made premiership history if it werent for a early whistle.

Regarding BlueSky he's ignorant as fuck or just trolling.

and weve usually been beaten by them. Add to that , were playing terribly at the moment and I for one would see a draw as a positive step. I just hope we actually play football, because after the 1st 20min of the Fulham game, we were shocking (desperate attempt to get thread back on topic!)

Edited by Matt

About SkyBlue: I dont think he understands the Everton mentalitity that is why he might come off a little mean.

On topic: From what i saw (I had a horrible stream) Rodwell was making some impressive runs which reminded me of the old Rodwell with great potential. I also don't think Vellios did that bad. He just had problems because he wasnt getting survice because Fellaini isnt meant to play that roal.

About SkyBlue: I dont think he understands the Everton mentalitity that is why he might come off a little mean.

Exactly (1st bit) - he doesn't come across mean he's just in a totally different place to us right now yet he appears in pretty much every topic writing an essay in each when a sentence would suffice and every time managing to give the topic a Citeh comparisson or twist! - I sensed this from day one and I think others did but didn't voice it like myself - I don't see it as a coincidence as some of the better posters (in my opinion) - you may call them old guard - they haven't quoted and encouraged his posting. I like them have chose to ignore him - I like some other opinions on here - redside/ xavier are great posters, but they do it in style where they're not in your face and not posting in every fooking topic.

If skyblue stays I will continue to skip past his posts (as I don't want to read about Citeh on an EFC forum) but if he's gone then I look foward to talking toffee again.

...and Avin... I agree with a lot of what you've said in this thread - just back from a few days away so only scanned but sometimes you get some unfair critism (often from myself) but I hear what you're saying in this thread!

Gotta just add my piece, sorry, I dont quite understand why bluesky has to comment on every topic posted on here, I for one would not dream of going on another teams forum, and consistently comment on everything! Do I find some of his post a little patronizing, well yes, at the end of the day they have bought their sucsess big time lately, so I would keep my 'opinions' to a minimum until they have several sustained years of trophy winning. I still don't give Chelsea much credibility as they have bought sucsess, at least man utd develop youth players, and scout young talented players, instead of permantly buying in big names. Anyway sorry to go off topic, three points was very welcome against fulham especially as our record their is crap! A win is a win, at the end of the day the result is the most important thing.