IGNORED

Everton vs Fulham (away)

Matt

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we didnt deserve to win this, but after zamora missing that sitter they deserved to lose! great result!

but united just lost 6-1 at home, we are going to get royally fucked next week!

Lets worry that just next week. We have chelski on league cup on wednesday also before united.

Cheers! over the blue moon!... but back to Everton - it's the luck of the draw sometimes - you play great and lose, or get harsh decisions, then don't play well and win. Sods law!

But 3 points is 3 poins. Fulham's not an easy game away.

Good luck against the Reds! you usually give them a game, but the backlash might be a problem for you (then again, it might work in your favour!)

Nice to see you win though. Onwards and upwards eh? !!!

Delighted with the points and being spot on with my prediction

Less happy with the performance but some individuals played well. Drenthe started well but less effective to the point of being anonymous when switched flanks.

Still 3 points in the bag at a ground we are traditionally poorly at

Edited by codders78

A bit of luck has been missing for a few seasons. Nice to get a bit. Might lift the spirits and make them believe again.

Couldn't agree more there, it's about time things went our way.

Or rather, they had Zamora on their side. We were denied a clear pen as well, at least one in my opinion.

That's what I mean about the luck; on another day he'd have slotted that home. But today we went straight down the other end and won it.

Agreed about the pen as well, blatant on Cahill.

You have to take the luck - other teams do!

And there is some truth in the statement 'you make your own luck' - you still have to be IN positions to take advantage of luck.

Bit of a shame about who you have next, it would have been good for Everton to get a little run going - but that's not to say you can't sneak something next week.

Win your games in hand (easier said than done, I know) and you'll be right back in contention with the chasing pack for 5/6/7th place.

If I'm honest, it's hard to see you doing too well this season, but I've been wrong many many times!. If you can grab a draw against Man U, your confidence will be right back on track :-)

Now, this might sound a bit iffy, but I'd be inclinded to give up on the cups (although many fans might argue they are good thing to aim for when you're unlucky to win much else). I think avoiding extra matches, potential injuries and tiredness for Everton (at the moment) would be a good thing, and allow you to focus on winning more games in the Prem. What do you reckon?

You have to take the luck - other teams do!

And there is some truth in the statement 'you make your own luck' - you still have to be IN positions to take advantage of luck.

Bit of a shame about who you have next, it would have been good for Everton to get a little run going - but that's not to say you can't sneak something next week.

Win your games in hand (easier said than done, I know) and you'll be right back in contention with the chasing pack for 5/6/7th place.

If I'm honest, it's hard to see you doing too well this season, but I've been wrong many many times!. If you can grab a draw against Man U, your confidence will be right back on track :-)

Now, this might sound a bit iffy, but I'd be inclinded to give up on the cups (although many fans might argue they are good thing to aim for when you're unlucky to win much else). I think avoiding extra matches, potential injuries and tiredness for Everton (at the moment) would be a good thing, and allow you to focus on winning more games in the Prem. What do you reckon?

Personally I would rather win a cup and finish 12th especially when realistically the best we can hope for in the league is 6th or 7th

Cant understand why people think we were lucky yesterday, we were the better side and should have had a couple of penalties that would have put us out of site by the time Zamora missed his sitter!

Well I suppose that's the other side of the coin - with a cup you can go all out to actually win something I suppose.

But it's the risk of injury / extra games all taking a toll on the squad and it affecting league performances - look what happened to Birmingham.

That would be my worry with Everton - IF you got too involved in cups, you could end up in that group of 8 or so teams hovering over the relegation zone. Not saying you'd go down, but every year there's always a couple of decent teams who find themselves somehow embroiled in that mess, and suddenly 3 points between them and the relegation zone looks too close for comfort.

I'd say keeping Everton in the prem HAS to be number on priority, no matter how unlikely relegation might seem. It would be a disaster for you (I think).

Oh I don't know !!! I can see the appeal of a cup win - it did wonders for us! hmmm I'll have to think a bit more about this!

Well I suppose that's the other side of the coin - with a cup you can go all out to actually win something I suppose.

But it's the risk of injury / extra games all taking a toll on the squad and it affecting league performances - look what happened to Birmingham.

That would be my worry with Everton - IF you got too involved in cups, you could end up in that group of 8 or so teams hovering over the relegation zone. Not saying you'd go down, but every year there's always a couple of decent teams who find themselves somehow embroiled in that mess, and suddenly 3 points between them and the relegation zone looks too close for comfort.

I'd say keeping Everton in the prem HAS to be number on priority, no matter how unlikely relegation might seem. It would be a disaster for you (I think).

Oh I don't know !!! I can see the appeal of a cup win - it did wonders for us! hmmm I'll have to think a bit more about this!

I really don't know why the other posters are so friendly with you. We're not going to get relegated the 3 that have come up plus B'burn and Bolton all have a poorer 11 than our reserves. The shit you chat above it as well is retarded. Everton do better in the league as we do better in the cups.

Bluesky,

You know I'm always straight with you mate, so I'll be straight again. I don't think you intend to come across as patronising, or anything else, but you seem to be pressing the wrong buttons with some of your posts.

Everton are not a small club, that have been fighting for survival of late. We have the best top flight record of any club regarding not being relegated, and maintaining our top flight status. We are a team that have been used to regular top end of the table performances, and top end of the table finishes. We are clearly one of the top teams in the country, both on history, and recent league results, despite our current situation, and will probably find our feet soon and climb the table as always.

Yes, times are hard, and yes, we are currently struggling, but we as Evertonians are quite used to these conditions. It's all part and parcel of following our club.

Consider this:

City have been a team that have done nothing over the past 40 years of note, and have been relegated, and promoted, and relegated again. In comparison to Everton, or other top flight clubs, you have been fairly insignificant over the years, and a team that could only dream of achieving what your rivals United have achieved.

Everton turned you over quite convincingly in recent times, despite your multi millions, yet now that City have been taken over by super rich owners, and have set about trying to buy success, all of a sudden City fans seem to feel the need to start advising other teams fans, or talking down to them quite patronisingly.

Can you grasp the irony of such a situation?

Some of your comments are verging on taking the piss, whether you mean them to or not. We're not a team that are fighting for survival, and to the contrary, many of us still have one eye on Europe, despite our problems. We rarely start a season well, so this is nothing new. Yes, we've sold Pienaar and Arteta, and Lescott and Yakubu to name but a few, and yes, we have a small squad, but Moyes may well get it right like he always does, and soon, fingers crossed, the ship will be steady, and it will be business as usual.

There is always that outside chance of relegation for most teams, but it's probably not the greatest idea in the world, for it to be pointed out by a City fan, for reasons I'm sure your own intelligence will tell you.

You seem a nice lad, and I'll continue to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding whether you are genuine, or whether you enjoy the piss take undercurrent that exists in many of your posts, but you might want to defer offering advice relating to avoiding relegation and similar subjects, as it won't sit right with many of our fans, and you'll lose what you've managed to build here rather quickly if you persist. At the end of the day, City are the last club you'd take advice from regarding staying in the Premiership, as you are the club that has been relegated more times than I care to remember.

You are also the club that have been given a lifeline while those around you are trying to stay afloat in the treacherous waters that is football. You haven't battled your way through the waves to the safety of the shore, but instead were air lifted to safety by a big Sheikh helicopter.

It's not really advisable to discuss with those still at risk in the water how to swim. dry.png

I do, I'm of the same opinion of the pair of them, he's been getting on my tits for a while with his looking down on us and talking down to us, intentional or not.

dont think hes patronizing in the slightest. Hes been very frank and honest with his opinion, without insulting us directly. If people interpret it that way, so be it. Only thing that slightly annoys me is the length of the posts!

dont think hes patronizing in the slightest. Hes been very frank and honest with his opinion, without insulting us directly. If people interpret it that way, so be it. Only thing that slightly annoys me is the length of the posts!

You're a better person than I for not feeling like he's being condescending etc etc :P.

Some of you have VERY short memories. My club have been a laughing stock many many times over. We've been up and down like a yo-yo etc etc.

So if you want to throw ammunition at calamity clubs, I'm not going to win am I? So why on earth then, would anybody assume talking about prioritising the league over a cup is patronising?

It's precisely the same issue for clubs at the top of the league and at the bottom, but then a squad is thin it's just more relevant than ever.

So tell me, what's patronising about it?

I think it's over sensitivity on your part.

Some of you have VERY short memories. My club have been a laughing stock many many times over. We've been up and down like a yo-yo etc etc.

So if you want to throw ammunition at calamity clubs, I'm not going to win am I? So why on earth then, would anybody assume talking about prioritising the league over a cup is patronising?

It's precisely the same issue for clubs at the top of the league and at the bottom, but then a squad is thin it's just more relevant than ever.

So tell me, what's patronising about it?

I think it's over sensitivity on your part.

doh.gif