IGNORED

John Terry, racist?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FA are investigating, which presumably means QPR have protested.

http://www.thefa.com...hn-terry-251011

England captain John Terry faces an investigation into his alleged racist slur towards Anton Ferdinand after QPR asked the FA to probe the incident.

In what is an embarrassing scenario for English football's chiefs, Terry may have to be grilled over his comments made to Ferdinand in Chelsea's 1-0 defeat at QPR on Sunday.

An FA statement read: 'The FA can confirm it has received a complaint relating to an alleged incident of racist abuse in the QPR versus Chelsea fixture at Loftus Road on 23 October 2011.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1bojHJLAV

Edited by Hafnia

"Although he does not deny using those words, he insists they have been taken out of context.."

So, what happened was that Ferdinand thought he heard Terry calling him a black cunt.

Ferdinand, "Did you call me a fucking black cunt?"

Terry, "No I didn't call you a fucking black cunt you knobhead"

Rings true....it all makes sense nowrolleyes.gif .

Edited by Matt

"Although he does not deny using those words, he insists they have been taken out of context.."

So, what happened was that Ferdinand thought he heard Terry calling him a black cunt.

Yeah, his defence is rock solid, did it come from the same person who wrote "diverse" in his statement?

Try and get away with it as you may try jt, I'm having none of it. It's almost a primary school type defense.

The usual response to an insult is "what did you say?!" you don't use the insult as part of the question, it's galling to do.

Edited by Hafnia

Surely Anton can confirm that would have been the context. After the adrenaline of the game, he (Anton) can both look at it with a level head and say "I did accuse him of calling me a 'black cunt' and that was when he was replying."

Edited by Kohen

Surely Anton can confirm that would have been the context. After the adrenaline of the game, he (Anton) can both look at it with a level head and say "I did accuse him of calling me a 'black cunt' and that was when he was replying."

this!

it could be all sorted out that way. it would at least be a good first point in the investigation, but no doubt they will go around the houses.

http://www.football3...6895/Mediawatch

take a look at this. the bits from steve doughty are just rediculous! and look at the link to stan collymores twitter, the abuse he got for being against racism is mind blowing!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2052843/John-Terry-racism-row-Anton-Ferdinand-game.html

That's the article, can't actually believe what I just read. Blimey, because we aren't as bad as Spain or another country, or we aren't throwing bananas at John Barnes then things have got better??? Maybe he needs to watch Jeremy Kyle, understand the scum element out there and associate that with the current england captain. Maybe then action can be taken that will send shockwaves out there to make people think twice.

You can't stop bigots and small minded uneducated idiots from having "views" - but you can control and punish them for airing them.

I'm actually of the opinion now that racist or indeed serious inproper abuse of fellow players should be met with a 3 month ban and wages stopped for the duration. No place whatsoever for this.

So, Mr Evra and Mr Ferdinand, I know you feel insulted. But perhaps in this case you could just put up with it and get on with the game.

it beggars belief! the daily mail should also be punished for allowing that to be posted.

Edited by StevO

Not really, it seems even the FA didn't want to name him. Corruption. For me his track record is comparable with Joey Barton, the difference being is that Barton seems to be keeping his nose clean. Ah, poor old English FA, wouldn't have this problem if they didn't stamp on him after the wayne bridge incident.

The FA wanted Spain punished for their racism, if found guilty Terry's england career should be over.

The FA wanted Spain punished for their racism, if found guilty Terry's england career should be over.

i would laugh uncontrolably if they found him guilty and banned him from playing for england. but it would be justice if it is true.

I'd like to say that's just unbelievable, but it's not really is it?

daily mail, so yeah, not that surprising.

This might not sit well with some people, but it's just a theory of mine as to why we have racism, and why it exists.

I'll use 'colours' as just a way to help explain my point, and for no other reason.

Racism is not just one way in this country, or any other, and it's important to realise this, rather than think it's just a white against black thing. Go into a black neighbourhood and see how long you last before being racially abused. Why folk can't just get on is a bit sad.

I don't know if any of you have been the victim of racial abuse, be it that you are white, black, or any other colour. I can tell you it's not nice from first hand experience, from my days of working in Manchester for a company. I opened the door and there was a Rastafarian guy with a walking stick on the other side. I held the door open for him, and he just stood there and stared. I had a load of heavy boxes in my hand at the time too, so I asked him did he want to come through or not, and was quickly told "Fcuk off you filthy white piece of shit" in a very aggressive manner. I had to work black areas many hours per day, so I certainly wasn't going to put myself at risk by reacting, but it was quite an experience, and it was difficult to put it out of my mind each time I met a black guy for a while. I can imagine how difficult it must be for black folk, or any other none white English people to live in a society where racism exists on a daily basis. It must be horrible.

Racism is natural though if you look at nature. Where in nature is one species accepted amongst another? Sparrows for example stay together, as do Buffalo, or lions, or certain shoals of fish. There are always exceptions to the rules, but generally each species keeps itself to itself. Should another species come into contact there is usually confrontation.

As man, we like to present ourselves as intelligent, but are we fooling ourselves that we are all one species?

Is a black man, or a yellow man, or a white man, or a brown man not just a man? But ........... Is a brown bird, or a white bird, or a a yellow bird etc etc not just a bird? Thge same with fish?

We accept that they all fall under the same category, but we also accept that they are different species. Why is it then that we accept that we, as men, all fall under the same category as being 'Mankind', but tend not to accept that we are different species?

For example: Is a white man born in England, the same species as a black man born in Africa or a brown man born in Pakistan, or a yellow man born in China? The answer is clearly no. We are not the same species. We are all clearly 'Mankind' just as birds are all 'birds', but we are surely different species of Mankind. If a black man ( forgive the terminology and use of colours) and a white woman mate, and the result is what we call 'half cast', is that new baby not a new species of man, just as if a lion and tiger mate, they produce a new species called by man as a 'Liger' or a 'Tigon'?

If we look back at nature, is it not natural then, that we should have a natural instinct to confront, and defend, against other species? This is clearly why racism exists.

Only civilised man, out of all the different creatures on this planet, other than those affected by man, wants to mix. We don't keep species apart, but interact with each other very freely, or at least we do now. We certainly didn't thousands of years ago.

The problem is that while we are becoming what we like to call 'civilised' and embrace other colours of skin, there is still a natural insinct inside us that is uneasy with it. I believe it will take many more centuries of evolution, before we start to finally accept each other, because we are interfering with nature some what, by evolving.

This is all about evolution, and eventually, racism will probably no longer exist, but don't hold our breath waiting for that day, as unfortunately none of us will ever see it.

We can pass laws, and we can attempt to educate, but we can't speed up the process of evolution. Nature did not intend for us to mix. The fact that we have is wonderful, and it is a new stage in our development as a human being, but it will take time for us to adjust.

I have adjusted already, and so have thousands and millions of others, but have we adjusted naturally? Are we 100% sure that our natural instincts have adjusted? I'm not so sure. I think we are all still uneasy about the concept as a species. We are simply learning to come to terms with evolution, and it will take time.

Racism is horrible, but it is clearly natural when we look at it from a different perspective. By mixing, we are clearly going against the natural segregation that existed before technology. I'm sure nature didn't realise we were going to build planes etc, or boats.

I hate it, but it exists. I think the above is 'why' it exists.

Hopefully there will be a day when we are able to live as one, if that is the wish of Mankind as a species. That's if we haven't all killed each other before it happens.

black and white are not two different species. im sure thats not what you meant, but you might want to edit that.

Exactly....

"The species that you and all other living human beings on this planet belong to is Homo sapiens."

http://humanorigins....es/homo-sapiens

"...just as if a lion and tiger mate, they produce a new species called by man as a 'Liger' or a 'Tigon'"

But they don't and couldn't mate because they are different species.

"Nature did not intend for us to mix?!?"

I'm sorry but that is a seriously flawed view (and I'm being very kind just saying that).

im trying very hard not to comment, but i dont agree with a single word.

im not without prejudice, i have laughed at racist jokes in the past, i have shared laughs at racist jokes with black friends. but the notion that me and my friends are not meant to mix and are not the same species sounds like hitler justifying killing "jew rats" as i believe he refered to them.

im trying very hard not to comment, but i dont agree with a single word.

im not without prejudice, i have laughed at racist jokes in the past, i have shared laughs at racist jokes with black friends. but the notion that me and my friends are not meant to mix and are not the same species sounds like hitler justifying killing "jew rats" as i believe he refered to them.

It's a hard one to grasp, that's why it is a theory, and not a fact.

Lions and Tigers belong to the cat family or Feline, but they're not the same species.

Swallows and Sparrows are both birds, but they're not the same species.

Alsations and Labradors are both dogs, but they're not the same species.

Why is it that Mankind should be a special case?

Again, it's one that needs to be thought about, rather than instantly rejected.

How is it that man is different?

Exactly....

"The species that you and all other living human beings on this planet belong to is Homo sapiens."

http://humanorigins....es/homo-sapiens

"...just as if a lion and tiger mate, they produce a new species called by man as a 'Liger' or a 'Tigon'"

But they don't and couldn't mate because they are different species.

"Nature did not intend for us to mix?!?"

I'm sorry but that is a seriously flawed view (and I'm being very kind just saying that).

They're only Homosapiens because we choose to call ourselves that. Again my point that mankind feels he is special, and different. How can we tell a Black Widow spider that he is a different species than the Common Weaver, or a Red Ant that he is a different species to the Army ant, yet not acknowledge that we ourselves have variations, and are different?

It's a hard one to grasp, that's why it is a theory, and not a fact.

Lions and Tigers belong to the cat family or Feline, but they're not the same species.

Swallows and Sparrows are both birds, but they're not the same species.

Alsations and Labradors are both dogs, but they're not the same species.

Why is it that Mankind should be a special case?

Again, it's one that needs to be thought about, rather than instantly rejected.

How is it that man is different?

It's not a hard one to grasp it's just plain wrong.

Mankind isn't a special case....it's the same as any other species.

Feline is a biological family, not a species, and they can't mate across cat/tiger/jaguar etc.

I can mate with any female human because I'm the same species.

It's not a hard one to grasp it's just plain wrong.

Mankind isn't a special case....it's the same as any other species.

Feline is a biological family, not a species, and they can't mate across cat/tiger/jaguar etc.

I can mate with any female human because I'm the same species.

Of course they can mate (Other animals that is) . Animals do it all the time. How do you think so many species evolved?

To think man is a special case is rather blinkered.

A common cat has so many variations, it's untrue, as does most species. Why must we be one?

Edited by Avinalaff