IGNORED

John Terry, racist?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/15570277.stm

"Fabio Capello set to name John Terry in preliminary England squad

Why oh why?! he has been accused of a serious offence, of which I would say the only way he will get off with it is due to technicalities.

This is the third time he will split an England camp (World cup mutiny, Bridge affair, and now racism - of which against a former captains brother!!!)

How many chances does this idiot deserve? In my opinion it's not like he's good enough to be selected at the moment. Sooner see Jones in there.

TBF the spine of the squads not much better Rio, Lampard, Gerrard, and Rooney. All idiots, and all get to play regardless of on the field performances, nevermind their off field antics. Capello probably just reads the paper to see what names he recognises to pick the team, doesn't matter why they're in it.

Edited by pete0

I'm sick of the sight of the remnants of the so called golden generation - a bunch of flat track bullies who just do not get on the way that a winning squad would.

Lampard, Terry and Rio should be cleared off. Gerrard in the squad to bring along the likes of Wilshire.

Bring in some elder statesmen into the bootroom such as Shearer and Beckham who could squash any ego's the second they raise their head. Make Joe Hart the captain to remove this farcical england captain ego trip. You play for your country you are as good as a captain.

I'm sick of the sight of the remnants of the so called golden generation - a bunch of flat track bullies who just do not get on the way that a winning squad would.

Lampard, Terry and Rio should be cleared off. Gerrard in the squad to bring along the likes of Wilshire.

Bring in some elder statesmen into the bootroom such as Shearer and Beckham who could squash any ego's the second they raise their head. Make Joe Hart the captain to remove this farcical england captain ego trip. You play for your country you are as good as a captain.

100% agree.

The England side has been shit for a long time, they just arent as good as they think they are

The England side has been shit for a long time, they just arent as good as they think they are

I think there is an element of that, but I honestly do believe based on talent we are under performing. Look at teams like Scotland, Wales, Ireland, their desire to work for their team mates, the fire in their bellies is admirable.

You never see any of the England team scream at another, some may think that is good, I don't! They need to have that to show they care and are comfortable enough with each other to do so.

There is a pecking order that needs dismantling and quick.

Might be a long time before you see Gerrard in an England shirt again, he has suddenly become injury prone and he wont be the same player.

As I've told Liverpool fans countless times, and they don't listen - time to move on from Gerrard.

Same for England.

Great player, seems a decent leader too, but we have a shocking habit of clinging on to players for longer than we should and essentially inhibiting younger lads coming through.

The current lot of 'greats' - terry, lampard, gerrard, ferdinand et al have had their chance and done nothing with it. I have no confidence on last go in the twilight of their years will help.

Take a step backwards to move two step forwards - new regime, new younger players with far less emphasis on top 4 teams. It seems to me to be far too easy to just keep picking players from the top 4 teams when there are some cracking prospects at so many other teams (even potentially in the championship)