IGNORED

Everton vs Chelsea (again)

Matt

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton: Mucha, Baines, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Saha, Drenthe, Distin, Cahill, Neville, Fellaini, Rodwell

Subs: Hibbert, Stracqualursi, Hahnemann, Barkley, Osman, Coleman, Vellios.

Chelsea: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Luiz, Romeu, Malouda, Lukaku, McEachran, Kalou, Alex, Bertrand, Anelka.

Subs: Cech, Lampard, Torres, Mata, Mikel, Ferreira, Sturridge

Luiz reminds me perfectly of Carvalho. Give him another season to settle and he will be one of the best defenders in the league. Yes he has flashes of temperment which he needs to get out of him but Carvalho still has that and at one time was the best defender in the country, under Mourinho. At the moment though he is a weakish link and can be got at.

Like Ten says I really think we can have a good go at Chelsea and get a win, but it depends purely on the mindset of Moyes.

Drenthe has put on twitter that he is starting, so at least thats something to get mildly excited about.

Drenthe has put on twitter that he is starting, so at least thats something to get mildly excited about.

To balance that excitement out Bily starts also.....so we're going with the ten men approach.

(keep saying stuff like this and hoping he stuffs it back down my throat....but it's not happened)

Everton: Mucha, Baines, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Saha, Drenthe, Distin, Cahill, Neville, Fellaini, Rodwell

Subs: Hibbert, Stracqualursi, Hahnemann, Barkley, Osman, Coleman, Vellios.

Chelsea: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Luiz, Romeu, Malouda, Lukaku, McEachran, Kalou, Alex, Bertrand, Anelka.

Subs: Cech, Lampard, Torres, Mata, Mikel, Ferreira, Sturridge

Not to happy with the Saha/Cahill combination returning, but if Saha in particular commits to playing on the shoulder then we should be fine. I fear we will sit deeper and deeper.

Heitinga is a good move and I think Bily and Drenthe could be an interesting wing combination. They are both capable of cutting inside and getting a shot off or whipping a ball in.

Lastly, that Chelsea team is very beatable. They will have something to prove though, and they are decent players. We need to get in their faces and show them who's boss. Gutted this isnt on TV.