IGNORED

Everton vs Chelsea (again)

Matt

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched the goals now on the TV (as someone has already said) Mucha shouldn't play for us again. Just not good enough.

Avin asked me why he shouldn't play, I hope mucha answered that himself. Does moyes mistake our squad for man cities? We have 1 good keeper, that is it.

Why rest a quality keeper in a cup tie we had a chance of winning?!

Thought drenthe was quality tonight, a little unlucky and a little daft for his red, but we were standing off Chelsea and sitting back before that?! Moyes needs to learn where he needs to make changes, not just make them. Vellios should have come on too.

On review, Drenthe got the ball for his first yellow, he back heels it like but still gets the ball. Harsh.

Although it wasn't a foul so ref got that wrong, the yellow itself seemed to be for a few niggles and the reaction to the fk being given. The second yellow was just plain silly on Drenthe's behalf, we looked like we could snatch it at that point with Drenthe and Coleman running at them.

On review, Drenthe got the ball for his first yellow, he back heels it like but still gets the ball. Harsh.

this!!! just looked at it again, that is terrible! its not a conventional tackle (who tackles with a backheel) but he got the ball.

for the second i dont think he could have got out of the way at that speed.

Oh huh.png I never saw it on the Baines Pen, but i only watched the highlights so they may not have caught it. They made a big deal of it on BBC last night, but yet on their analysis of the Liverpool game, they drooled over Suarez and didnt bother looking at the goal stoke had chalked off for no good reason, or the penalty they should have had.

Avin asked me why he shouldn't play, I hope mucha answered that himself. Does moyes mistake our squad for man cities? We have 1 good keeper, that is it.

Why rest a quality keeper in a cup tie we had a chance of winning?!

Thought drenthe was quality tonight, a little unlucky and a little daft for his red, but we were standing off Chelsea and sitting back before that?! Moyes needs to learn where he needs to make changes, not just make them. Vellios should have come on too.

I'll hold my hands up and say that last year I thought he should get games in competitions like these, so that he could at least keep some form of match sharpness going. However, I been very impressed with him at all so far, as bar one game where he did well in pre-season, he has made some sort of error that has costs us a goal. A 5 year old could have saved that first goal. Complete lack of concentration.

It makes you wonder why we bring in players like him and Vessels when he had someone of Ruddy's calibre as back up. He has done nothing but impress me since his move to Norwich and good on the lad!

All keepers make mistakes.

It happens to them all, Howard too. Mucha is plenty good enough. He is just experiencing what every other keeper experiences. I'm sure if he was played every week in the Prem his all round game would be every bit as good as Howards.

I have seen nothing of mucha that makes me think he can lace Howard's boots if I'm honest. His mistakes last night were nothing to do with all round game or anything else, schoolboy howlers.

Just seen the extended highlights. That's the kind of stuff that makes grown men cry. How we've not won that I'll never know.

On the replay I saw it looked like Johnny got a touch on the ball, no? Reckless way to challenge in the box anyway though, definitely some rust. That said he really help us spray the ball around and avoid some hoofing.

I've defended Mucha in the past, and I still think he has some quality, but that was really shocking.

Have to say, even if he'd scored it, Baines makes the wrong choice going straight down the middle against a keeper who isn't even warm. Just had to make him dive for it and it would have gone in, but then missing the second and Cahill missing the header on follow up, astonishing.

Drenthe certainly the most dangerous man, great free kick, seems everywhere on the highlights and certainly not a foul for his yellow, but as others have said it was all about the reaction. Should have pulled out of the second challenge.

Have to think Vellios would have put away the chance that Stracq nodded over, but good to see him win that ball in the box.

As soon as we lost the numerical advantage we started fell apart and offered nothing. They'd been playing down all game, but I suppose by that point we'd run out of ideas a bit.

Can't be too harsh on Mucha for the second, was a viciously hit ball by Malouda and no one followed Sturridge. Not a great way to go out. Probably no more games for Mucha and now what do we do with him?

We need to get through Manure now, I'm not optimistic, just head down power through, and then we need to come out the other side and start attacking teams. We clearly need a hatful of chances to score and we do have players that can deliver balls and get into the box, it's time to start using that.

It happens to them all, Howard too. Mucha is plenty good enough. He is just experiencing what every other keeper experiences. I'm sure if he was played every week in the Prem his all round game would be every bit as good as Howards.

Yes they do, but that first of Mucha's was awful and had nothing to do with being match fit. Stevie Wonder could have caught that.

If he plays every week in the Prem for us we will go down

That's a bit over pessimistic lol. He is a national keeper. He must have something about him to attract David Moyes. We need to start getting behind players 'especially' when they make a mistake.

Being an international means jack IMO, an international for Andorra, San marino etc can mean non league. Richard wright was selected by moyes, basically nothing indicates he has any quality other than his performance, of which what we have seen is garbage.