IGNORED

Everton vs Chelsea (again)

Matt

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in, Really dont understand why we havennt played a full strength side... like a half arsed team from us could beat chelsea? Billy? Mucha? really!? Billy is shite... he doesnt need more games like people say... he's shite. And Mucha i've never had confidence in at all. Drenthe didnt help things either, dick. And now Saha is Injured, Fan fucking tastic.

to be fair we've played well for most of the match. cech has been immense since he's come on and mucha has made two errors which have lead to goals. that's been the difference. on another day we could have won convincingly. i think the lesson is indeed to play a full strength side, if you want to win that is.

Biggest question for me is why did Stracq come on ahead of Vellios?

Madness surely.

exactly what i was thinking. Our best chance of silverware and Moyes choses a team made up mostly of his 'rejects' for want of a better word and does his usual mystery substitutions..... This season Ive lost all faith in him.

Missed opportunity there.

We were pissing all over them by the sounds of it (albeit when they went down to ten men), we got the goal (eventually) and then took our foot off the gas in extra time. I dont know what Moyes said to them but it seemed to do the opposite of what should have happened.

What was worse for me though, is when Drenthe got sent off, it sounded like sat back like we were a man down! Then much like the City & previous Chelsea game, they dominate and score and we dont even react.

Absolutely gutted. We had it in our hands.

Just got in, Really dont understand why we havennt played a full strength side... like a half arsed team from us could beat chelsea? Billy? Mucha? really!? Billy is shite... he doesnt need more games like people say... he's shite. And Mucha i've never had confidence in at all. Drenthe didnt help things either, dick. And now Saha is Injured, Fan fucking tastic.

did you get in from being at the match?

from the commentary it sounded Bily played very well in the second half, Drenthe was a danger down the wings especially when chelsea were down to 10 men and Saha had a great game.

no Drenthe didn't help by getting sent off and it did screw us at the end but he'd had a decent game and unfortunately he's the kind of player that will get bookings with his over eager chasing and clumsy challenges.

good effort from the sound of it by all accounts and just a shame they didn't get the result after so many late chances in the 90

Biggest question for me is why did Stracq come on ahead of Vellios?

Madness surely.

Same here. Another question is how on earth did Cahill manage to stay on the pitch? I barely remember his name being mentioned, especially when Rodwell seemed to be doing quite well.

did you get in from being at the match?

from the commentary it sounded Bily played very well in the second half, Drenthe was a danger down the wings especially when chelsea were down to 10 men and Saha had a great game.

no Drenthe didn't help by getting sent off and it did screw us at the end but he'd had a decent game and unfortunately he's the kind of player that will get bookings with his over eager chasing and clumsy challenges.

good effort from the sound of it by all accounts and just a shame they didn't get the result after so many late chances in the 90

No, just been out.

Couldnt care less if he had a good second half, he was playing against a 10 men chelsea side, i would expect him to be half decent!. He is not good enough. We've missed a great opportunity here against a weakened chelsea team, to get into the next round of the cup and possibly our only possibility of getting into Europe, and we play the likes of Bily and Mucha.... I think Mucha has made a mistake in pretty much every appearance he's made for us now. Dont get it...

Just seen Drenthe's sending off aswell! Harsh in my opinion, momentum took him through.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

I can take that defeat more on the chin than I could when we played them at Stamford Bridge.

For a large chunk of the game we were as shite as ever but eventually we woke up and realised we were actually involved in a football game and had a go at them. I just feel that if we'd done that from the off we'd have beaten them tbh, even 11 v 11.