IGNORED

Everton vs Chelsea (again)

Matt

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping to pretend this match wasn't happening, and that I'd have an out of body experience rather than be sitting freezing my arse off watching...

Then I remembered I fucking love Goodison Park at night and we're going to spank the Chelsea rent boys and I'll spill my coke in a plastic cup all over myself in celebration!

Er, just talk amongst yourselves... huh.png

Hopefully Vellios will get another start (and we save Saha for the weekend). Bily, Heitinga, Barkley, Straq and Gueye are due a run out. Hopefully they get the chance to show the strength of the squad.

What I expect though :(

Howard

Neville Jags Heitinga Baines

Coleman Felliaini Rodwell Bilyaletdinov

Cahill

Saha

I think he'll go with the side that ended the Fulham game.

I really think Cahill should only be a sub now though, that's where he'll have the best impact for us (like he did against Fulham).

I'd like to see Saha and Vellios together. I think they both need a partner and can't do the lone striker role. Vellios may be able to do it once he's got experience but not right now, and Saha is a terrible choice to play on his own because of how deep he drops.

Weather Bosingwa, Drogba or Cashly would have played anyway I don't know but good to see them off the squad list of this match.

Chelsea still however have a lot of choices that will make the game tough even from the second string players that usually play the carling cup games. I'd expect a mix from them in this game of some first choice player, a few from the bench and 1 or 2 young hopefuls.

We will play what Moyes considers to be the best side for the game. Drenthe needs to start again, though I don't think it'll be an identical side to Sunday's as I think Moyes was (rightly) not all that happy with what he saw.

I'm going to be confident and say we win 2-1....hardly convinced of that though!

awesome! drogba is banned! oh shit, torres is back.

might put a couple of quid on torres to score, take the edge off if we get beaten then.

i want vellios and saha upfront with drenthe and coleman on the wings.

if we are going out, lets at least have a fight on the way.

awesome! drogba is banned! oh shit, torres is back.

might put a couple of quid on torres to score, take the edge off if we get beaten then.

i want vellios and saha upfront with drenthe and coleman on the wings.

if we are going out, lets at least have a fight on the way.

Nows the time for Jags to prove himself and keep him in his pocket again....

Chelsea wont be putting out a strong team, so I am actually quietly confident of us winning this one. We tend to go at teams a little bit more at home and we havent exactly got anything to lose. I hope we start with a similar team as we did at Fulham with either Saha or Osman along side Vellios. Coleman & Drethe to start on the wings with Heitinga in at the back.

In fact if Chelsea put out a shadow side and we dont win I will be very dissapointed.

Then I remembered I fucking love Goodison Park at night and we're going to spank the Chelsea rent boys and I'll spill my coke in a plastic cup all over myself in celebration!

Can't fooking wait!!!

Favourite night game?

Chelsea 2-1 (Saha 2 and missed pen)

Fiorentina 2-0 (lost on pens)

The Shite 1-0 (Gosling)

The Shite 2-0 (Royles first game and my first derby!)

Man.Utd 1-0 (Big Dunc)

I must have missed loads!!!

Can't fooking wait!!!

Favourite night game?

Chelsea 2-1 (Saha 2 and missed pen)

Fiorentina 2-0 (lost on pens)

The Shite 1-0 (Gosling)

The Shite 2-0 (Royles first game and my first derby!)

Man.Utd 1-0 (Big Dunc)

I must have missed loads!!!

Best atmosphere i've ever felt at the match, was incredible. just knew we were gonna win that day was

Sky showing their favourtism for the Mancs with both teams that were shown on Sunday being shown again, United against a league 2 side (i'll say fair enough to that as their the tournament minnows and TV love to show the minnow of the tournament) and City who play Wolves...McCarthy i'm sure will put out a second string side and won't have any interest in this tournament. After last week's booing al the way through their game i'm sure they'd like to avoid the kind of thrashing utd got at the weekend but don't expect them to be going all out for the win.

Everton v Chelsea however is a game both teams are keen to win, Chelsea will put a mixed but strong team out while we'll be playing at least 90% of our first team who we would put out against Chelsea in a league match.

Oh well, hopefully there'll be a stream for it, though I don't hold out much hope with the Carling cup!

Perfect time to try and take them, I hope to high heaven we attack them. If AVB does indeed start a young side, we need to be in their faces and scare them, and quickly. Let their inexperience cost them fouls, we should draw a foul at ever opportunity (not dive more take a man on :lol:) ....i'm getting more and more opptomistic, however as fans we can see the opportunities, but it depends on whether Moyes can and the players.

i was optimistic, and i seem to be getting more so.

but i had a little think and their backline could be ivanovic alex david-luiz and some random leftback, thats still pretty strong.

they still have mikel, mcechran (spelling) malouda, analeka, sturridge, torres, lampard and probably a few others i cant think of.

we will need a full team out, going at them from the off, and a crowd behind them.

i was optimistic, and i seem to be getting more so.

but i had a little think and their backline could be ivanovic alex david-luiz and some random leftback, thats still pretty strong.

they still have mikel, mcechran (spelling) malouda, analeka, sturridge, torres, lampard and probably a few others i cant think of.

we will need a full team out, going at them from the off, and a crowd behind them.

If Luiz does play, get Skippy against him. He was so lucky not to be sent off against QPR too, gets wound up very easily and Cahill could get a lot of joy doing so!

But like you say, its not like theyre going to be playing their reserves is it? Ramieres would be in contention too right?

Edited by Matt

Ramieres is injured i believe.

I think Luiz could be a great holding midfielder, he can tackle, but is very rash for a centre half, but his passing and shooting are pretty good.

I was impressed with his footwork for a defender. DCM would suit him, driving the game forward but also getting stuck in