IGNORED

Pienaar

Wasn't he on his way to us a couple of years ago but we couldn't get him a work permit?

Correct, on-loan 2 summers ago, foiled by work-permit probs. He's obviously got potential but he failed to impress at W.C (only time I've really seen him play). I'd take muntari possibly...

I like Muntari but he is known to have a few strops... don't think he would fit in at us, he would want to be the big am IMO. Good player though. I would like us to get a winger off them if its money plus a player. Anyone know of any decent ones they might have who could move to us?? Don't rate that Obinna but then again i have only seen him in the world cup.

here you go:

Steven Pienaar has revealed it’s great to be back at Everton following his World Cup exploits in South Africa, and insists he’s missed his team-mates over the summer.

Pienaar played 75 minutes as the Blues made it five wins from five pre-season games in a 4-2 victory over Championship club Norwich City at Carrow Road.

The wiry winger caught up with evertontv after the game.

He said: “It was a good test because you have to get back as soon as possible. It’s been a hard week training but it was important for me to get 75 minutes.

“It’s always good to be back, I feel at home again, I’ve missed the lads.

“We all know if we have a fit squad we can compete for the Champions League, and the players are up for the challenge. We want to make the supporters happy, and that’s what we’re playing for.”

Pienaar is comedy gold for an interviewee. A combination oof Barry white's voice and Gary Colmans build.

Sorry to slightly change the topic here but did any of you guys see the fellaini interview, about him being back in training? Get it on evertontv, now that is comedy gold, not only does he start getting angry, there having to tell him to sit back, its like hes a big kid. I love him! haha

As for pienaar, yeah sign the contract if you love the guys so much

here you go:

Steven Pienaar has revealed it’s great to be back at Everton following his World Cup exploits in South Africa, and insists he’s missed his team-mates over the summer.

Pienaar played 75 minutes as the Blues made it five wins from five pre-season games in a 4-2 victory over Championship club Norwich City at Carrow Road.

The wiry winger caught up with evertontv after the game.

He said: “It was a good test because you have to get back as soon as possible. It’s been a hard week training but it was important for me to get 75 minutes.

“It’s always good to be back, I feel at home again, I’ve missed the lads.

“We all know if we have a fit squad we can compete for the Champions League, and the players are up for the challenge. We want to make the supporters happy, and that’s what we’re playing for.”

Cheers Scouse!

As has been said if u love it here so much Peanuts SIGN THE FUCKIN CONTRACT!

TBH I would much prefer to keep Pienaar, even if we ere offered that much. He's a worker and that's hard to find. If we need to raise funds i'd much prefer to sell on Yak. Just not seen enough from him to suggest that he can even be bothered to get back to his best.

15million for a player with 1 year left on his contract...i would take that in a heartbeat! buy in a winger then maybe landon maybe someone else but would still have cash to spare!

Good in theory but what winger have u got in mind?

Donovan is nowhere near as good as him and I agree with Jamie I would rather keep him

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

TBH I would much prefer to keep Pienaar, even if we ere offered that much. He's a worker and that's hard to find. If we need to raise funds i'd much prefer to sell on Yak. Just not seen enough from him to suggest that he can even be bothered to get back to his best.

You've watched the last few games J, where pienaar played and was arguably the most disappointing of the lot. I'm not saying drive him out with pitch forks and fire but the impression i get, is that his head is elsewhere; he thinks he's better than Everton, wants more money, a 'bigger' club so to speak and champions league football, if we don't get the CL we won't be able to afford his wage demands so its a catch 22.

I've lost patience with him tbh and if he wants to go...sell him. For £15m i'd drive him.

Good in theory but what winger have u got in mind?

Donovan is nowhere near as good as him and I agree with Jamie I would rather keep him

i'd rather keep him as long as he wants to stay but my point is that kind of money for someone who has 1 year left on their contract is good money..for 10-15million i'm sure moyes could pick up a very good player and i think it is a bit harsh to say donovan is nowhere near as good..different players as i don't consider pienaar to be a natural winger people just seem to think he is as he is the closest we have got to one i guess..

diego capel maybe just thinkin off top of my head..sure he was linked with a 12million move a year or so ago to someone in the premiership

Edited by marcopaulo

You've watched the last few games J, where pienaar played and was arguably the most disappointing of the lot. I'm not saying drive him out with pitch forks and fire but the impression i get, is that his head is elsewhere; he thinks he's better than Everton, wants more money, a 'bigger' club so to speak and champions league football, if we don't get the CL we won't be able to afford his wage demands so its a catch 22.

I've lost patience with him tbh and if he wants to go...sell him. For £15m i'd drive him.

I went to the Norwich game and thought he did well considering it was his first game back but I won't take too much out of preseason as it's hard to guage really. Fellaini was dire last preseason but went onto have a blinder so hey ho. I just think that Pienaar adds something that is hard to find in his work ethic. I still think he has a future here and stil think he'll sign on. With MON's departure from Villa though looks like this story has now lost all credibility.

Got a feeling that this saga is going to drag on for some time yet. I can't see this being sorted out before the transfer window closes, maybe he'll leave in January, maybe he's waiting to see how well we start the season and if we've got any chance of winning anything this year. I'm a bit bored of it all now to be honest, I wouldn't be bothered if he went now, as long as we got enough money for a decent replacement; and if we lose him on a free next year, then so be it.

Edited by wallwriter