IGNORED

Pienaar

This was always the most likely scenario for me. The club have more often than not been good at tying people down, and they were never going to be offering him anything less than parity with the top earners.

Sad (but predictable) to see such greed and lack of humility from a "man of God."

Give him a fish and two loaves of bread, that'll sort the greedy cnut out for years. Sell him Everton, i dont want some greedy bitch ruining the pay structure of our club because his idiotic, selfish agent wants a few extra bob! :angry:

I'd rather we just sell himnow, get the _____ whatever for him and hope he bums like most of the Everton players who have left. I dont recal one player who's left us within the last 4 years, do well at their next club. (AJ, Lescott as examples)

"Granted the Yak can score goals and is a quality poacher but cnt have leading the line and i think he is getting sold anyway. But to say anichebe ahead of Saha is laughable. Anichebe is a joke, lazy and useless!"

I tell you what with a full pre season behind him I absolutely guarantee that Big Vic will leave all you lot speechless next season, he has had his problems both in a disciplinary sense and also massive bad luck with injuries but he is starting to show the real talent that obviously DM sees in him!!! You may laugh or think Iv been on the crack pipe again but i think we have got a serious player on our hands if he can steer clear of injuries.... maybe more as moyesie seems to figure too as a wideman than a frontman!! We'll see.....

..... as for the topic in question Peanuts last season flourished into the player we all hoped he would when he signed!! Battling, skilful, never say die attitude but would I not take 12-15m for a wide man with no pace, a year left on his contract and one eye on securing his last and most lucrative contract of his career??!!! I say sell, sell, sell.... big profit on a player whose flame we have rekindled to the heights of early on his career and its a win win for all involved!!!!! JUST INVEST IN SOME PACE DAVEY thats all we ask as a replacement!!!!!!

I would flog him for anything over 12m without a doubt, He's been a good player for what we paid and is far from irreplaceable.

The main reason he stands out in our team is he has abit of pace and not many others if any do i would not be fussed in the slightest if he went to be honest he has abit of pace decent feet and work rate has a shite cross and doesn't really have a good eye for goal. If we can bring in Petrov or similar on a free or on the cheap and a few more players i would be happy.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Hmmm...to Sporting perhaps?

Dare I say the M word...

I'd much rather see him in another league come next year than in one of the other PL teams but I feel if we get enough to secure someone like Eden Hazard then that will see us improve on our team. From what I've seen he's got flair, he's young and is quite speedy. He put in a hard working shift against the reds which is always a good thing. Him or Ben Arfa, but Hazard seems less of a mood-player..

Anyway, if Pienaar ends up leaving I hope he does so right at the end of the World Cup and leaves the pre-season training well alone. And that we get the rumoured 15 mil for him..

Given the situation he would have been wise to indicate that a bigger squad may have seen us challenge for top 4, instead using the word failure indicates he has greater ambition than the club is able to satisfy...

Time to take this one on the chin I think, would be nice if he signs however I think it's taxi for Pienaar (no pun intended), he isn't exactly giving the impression he wants to be here. Last contract, wants mega bucks, part of me wishes him well, part of me thinks he's another greedy mercenary.

If we can get Ben Arfa cheaper and he sorts his head out we could have a seriously talented replacement

Seems to me the options are as follows.

1.Give him the big pay rise he believes he deserves, he stays.

2.Don't give him enough to make him want to stay, he will ask to leave!

meaning.a, we let him go for pretty decent money or b, make him stay as punishment and see if he gives us one good last season, then let him walk for free.

I would have him down as our best player last season, I'd be tempted to give him the money.

With a fit squad and a tad of luck next season it could be a really good one, I think we need Pienaar to push on.

Any other players start asking for improved contracts off the back of this, tell them to play as well as Pienaar.

If he (Pienaar) simply just wants a change of club plus extra money, so really wants to leave Everton, don't keep him hear next season.....get the money and move on, quickly.

Edited by Blue 250

Guest blueboy122

be gone with him, ive taken a real dis-like to pienaar and his agent. Shame hes had a good season and know thinks he is messi. Sell hm get rid we are not intrested in players like him with massive ego's. Petrov wouldnt be a bad replacment on a free, far better going forward than pienaar not sure on his work rate to defend however.

I really think you guys are over-reacting to the lack of Actual news, regurgitating of the same comments to give them a different light/direction that the editor/journo wants.

For all we know Pienaar's off training with S.A, his agent is stirring shit and even that might have only been a few comments on 1 or 2 occasions that the papers etc take and keep cycling shit stories...

Or, you could be right and Pienaar is being a douche.

I'll wait and see, if he goes 1 week before the start of the season then Fire Away.. always thought Pienaar worked his ass off but the final ball/shot often didn't pay off, this season he's been very good and it's worked for him much more frequently, though he did have the occasional game where he was just plain ordinary and none of the flare was paying off. If Fellaini didn't roll his ankle over The Greek's steel shin then he would probably have overshadowed Pienaar's performances and perhaps our attitudes would be different, angled more towards selling.

Sad (but predictable) to see such greed and lack of humility from a "man of God."

but thats why he has an agent mike, the agent can take the rap from god for him! pays him to keep his own conscience clear!

we pretty much lose one first team player each summer to fund other buys, this year its Pienaars turn. move on and get on with it, EFC is bigger than him.

Edited by StevO

Seems to me the options are as follows.

1.Give him the big pay rise he believes he deserves, he stays.

2.Don't give him enough to make him want to stay, he will ask to leave!

meaning.a, we let him go for pretty decent money or b, make him stay as punishment and see if he gives us one good last season, then let him walk for free.

I would have him down as our best player last season, I'd be tempted to give him the money.

With a fit squad and a tad of luck next season it could be a really good one, I think we need Pienaar to push on.

Any other players start asking for improved contracts off the back of this, tell them to play as well as Pienaar.

If he (Pienaar) simply just wants a change of club plus extra money, so really wants to leave Everton, don't keep him hear next season.....get the money and move on, quickly.

not that simple though, if you don't have the money you can't give it

not that simple though, if you don't have the money you can't give it

Liverpool have a greater debt than us, they can't really afford Torres and Gerrards wages.Other teams have bigger money problems than Everton yet they pay higher wages.

Simple really, liverpool don't have the money yet Gerrard still gets £120,000 a week.

If Everton want to keep Pienaar.....they will have to FIND the money :)

Crazy talk, we start breaking the pay structure the way we are financed and we're f'kd. The team spirit goes straight out of the window....you'd seriously give Pienaar more money than (for example) Arteta? I'd also argue the fact that he was our best player last year. Fellaini won our Player of the Season because he was so far ahead when he got injured that nobody could catch him. Pienaar was the most eye catching maybe because he plays at the glory end of the pitch but what about Heitinga and Baines? Just as valuable in their positions for me. By your logic the POTS every year could demand to be top earner the next.

Completely unworkable, dangerous precedent and a daft idea....fortunately Davey will see it my way B) .

Crazy talk, we start breaking the pay structure the way we are financed and we're f'kd. The team spirit goes straight out of the window....you'd seriously give Pienaar more money than (for example) Arteta? I'd also argue the fact that he was our best player last year. Fellaini won our Player of the Season because he was so far ahead when he got injured that nobody could catch him. Pienaar was the most eye catching maybe because he plays at the glory end of the pitch but what about Heitinga and Baines? Just as valuable in their positions for me. By your logic the POTS every year could demand to be top earner the next.

Completely unworkable, dangerous precedent and a daft idea....fortunately Davey will see it my way B) .

So what are you going to do when Fellainis agent or Areteta for that matter ask for more money!

We've just had to increase Rodwells contract and pay, because he's had a good season.Players want pay rises, even more so if they think they've had a good season.

You seem to know how much more Pienaar wants :blink: How do we know his demands will blow our pay structure wide open.

If Fellaini hadn't been injured, it could have been him asking for better terms....oh well you let him leave :rolleyes:

So what are you going to do when Fellainis agent or Areteta for that matter ask for more money!

We've just had to increase Rodwells contract and pay, because he's had a good season.Players want pay rises, even more so if they think they've had a good season.

You seem to know how much more Pienaar wants :blink: How do we know his demands will blow our pay structure wide open.

If Fellaini hadn't been injured, it could have been him asking for better terms....oh well you let him leave :rolleyes:

In order...

Negotiate. But not pay them more than we can afford.

We've not broken our pay structure, we've moved to protect a major asset.

It's on record that we've made him an offer, it's inconceivable that it's not in on a par with our top earners.

See previous three answers.