IGNORED

Pienaar

It's looking more and more likely that Piennar will go. His agent is starting to piss me off however, and i can't friggin stand agents at the best of times but all these stories that they fill the players heads with i.e

The club are very busy concluding other players on long-term deals, most of whom have longer to run on their contract than Pienaar.

You sound like a fucking baby!

He goes on to say that this could mean one of three things:

Either they wish to conclude other business before making a final offer

Probably, because you've filled Stevens head with valuations of him being an £80,000 a week player when our pay structure tops at £55,00! Nob.

or it could mean that they have decided to sell him

They wouldn't be trying to offer him a contract if they wanted to sell him dip-shit, its just you holding out for a bigger pay-off.

Or that they are satisfied that Pienaar walks away in 12 months as a free agent.

Why would they want that!?!? Who is this guy?? Can we rally together and take out Pienaars agent? Who's with me, he looks like this...

jesus-thumps-up1.jpg

Edited by tenaciousj

But we supposedly tried to do the same with him a year ago :mellow: .

So we've had a year to put him on a par with our top earners, like he deserves due to being a key member of our starting 11. If he's asking for more than our top wage limit then we should just tell him to fuck off and get rid of him, but he seemingly hasn't asked for more than our limit or we'd be looking to sell him.

I don't blame him for being a bit peeved about us extending other players contracts when they have years left though, it's something I thought would be an issue to him because it sends a very negative message to Pienaar.

How?

I would have thought it would be more of an incentive to sign if he can see that the club is moving in the right direction and that we are intent on keeping hold of our best players

I dont get why you are miffed that we are trying to tie all our main players down to long term contracts. What the club offers other players has got nothing to do with Piennar, unless of cause we are offering him less which I very much doubt

Piennar and his agent have been knocking back contract offers from Everton for over 12 months now so maybe he has no intention of staying and so I think it would be bordering on lunacy to put everybody elses contract talks on hold until Piennar decides if he stays or goes

I love Piennar and I will be gutted if we lose him but this saga has been dragging on for way too long now. I have no idea what he is asking for, if its parity with the top earners at the club then he should get it because he has earnt it. But if his wage demands are beyond the means of the club then we should make him one final offer this week and if he doesnt sign then get rid asap so that we can try and find a replacement.

He should also bear in mind just exactly where his career was going before we signed him and show a bit of loyalty

Was 4 years for Rodwell not long-term enough?

And with Cahill there was absolutely no risk of him going anywhere so his contract didn't have to be sorted ASAP, especially as he had 2 years left anyway.

I agree with you on the point that if he wants more than our top earners then we should get rid, we shouldn't go beyond our means for any one.

And with Cahill there was absolutely no risk of him going anywhere so his contract didn't have to be sorted ASAP, especially as he had 2 years left anyway.

I agree with you on the point that if he wants more than our top earners then we should get rid, we shouldn't go beyond our means for any one.

I just think if Rodders was only on about £25k as has been reported and with the vultures supposedly circling, that it was a good idea to get him tied to a new deal before his head gets turned

I can see what your saying about Cahill but I dont think it was a case of getting it done asap it was more a case of him being loyal to the club and so the deal was done quickly.

Arteta still has 2 years to run on his contarct and were talking to him, same goes for Baines and in fact Piennar still had 2 years left when we started negotiating with him so it is quite normal for the club to start negotiations at that point, whether or not they needed to give him a 4 year deal is another argument!

Rodwell's previous contract was signed last Feb when he was a seventeen year old with 10/15 first team appearances. Now he's an established first teamer who played 36 games last season, not to mention the fact that the big three were all apparently after him, so it's got to be the right and sensible thing to do to give him improved terms hasn't it?

Someone suggested before that TC's negotiations went along the lines of...

"Want a new contact Tim?"

"Where do I sign?"

That's simplistic obviously but I'm sure it didn't take much sorting.

Rodwell's previous contract was signed last Feb when he was a seventeen year old with 10/15 first team appearances. Now he's an established first teamer who played 36 games last season, not to mention the fact that the big three were all apparently after him, so it's got to be the right and sensible thing to do to give him improved terms hasn't it?

Someone suggested before that TC's negotiations went along the lines of...

"Want a new contact Tim?"

"Where do I sign?"

That's simplistic obviously but I'm sure it didn't take much sorting.

Thats the one thing I love about TC..... He loves the club and wants to give 110% every game he plays.....

Shame he carnt score with his fucking feet though........ :lol:

Pienaar's agent is certainly doing his job in trying to get him some publicity and to try and get him better wages...but FFS, have you seen how well off Pienaar is? I saw a video on youtube the other day and he was on some TV show showing off his house and expensive cars.

When someone who can afford an Aston Martin Crossfire is asking for more money, you have to question their ethics...

But what am I saying? This is the world of footballers!

Thats the one thing I love about TC..... He loves the club and wants to give 110% every game he plays.....

Shame he carnt score with his fucking feet though........ :lol:

Not at Club level anyway. ;)

I think the club is doing exactly the right thing trying to tie down all key players to long-term deals as quickly as possible, I expect Baines will follow as soon as he's back after the World Cup, and if Arteta signs it will have been a good summer from that point of view. What is going on with these players should have no bearing whatsoever on Pienaar's contract situation, he is not bigger than the team and it's not like we haven't been trying to get him to sign an improved contract for the past 12 months. I'm sure he has been offered top money as well, and tbh from the noises he's been making, I'm pretty resigned to him leaving. Which is fine, let's just not get drawn into a Lescott saga, if he wants to go, get rid, he is replaceable and let's focus on what we've got ahead of the new season.

I just think if Rodders was only on about £25k as has been reported and with the vultures supposedly circling, that it was a good idea to get him tied to a new deal before his head gets turned

Do you honestly think £30k/£40k a week has scared Manure, Chelsea, City off? Because it won't have, they've still got far deeper pockets than us so they could still manage to turn his head, the only difference is we now pay him more for the next 6 months, a year, whatever until he goes. And Mike, he's an established bench player who's only shown glimpses of what he can do. Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Baines etc have all been doing the business over a period of time and are desrving of those sorts of wages. I just don't see the point in giving him a new contract when he had so much time on his previous deal.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rodwell's going to be a fantastic player for us but he's not there yet and for an impact sub like he is £20k a week or whatever he was on should have more than enough.

Do you honestly think £30k/£40k a week has scared Manure, Chelsea, City off? Because it won't have, they've still got far deeper pockets than us so they could still manage to turn his head, the only difference is we now pay him more for the next 6 months, a year, whatever until he goes. And Mike, he's an established bench player who's only shown glimpses of what he can do. Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Baines etc have all been doing the business over a period of time and are desrving of those sorts of wages. I just don't see the point in giving him a new contract when he had so much time on his previous deal.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rodwell's going to be a fantastic player for us but he's not there yet and for an impact sub like he is £20k a week or whatever he was on should have more than enough.

It seems Rodwell's contract has clauses where his wages increase the longer he is at Everton which is an incentive to see it out and I think getting him to sign an improved contract has many benefits.

First of all it allows him to stop thinking about the speculation and think about one thing, playing for Everton.

It aslo re-assures him that despite moving to the bench in the latter half of the season he is still firmly in David Moyes plans.

Also the negligible cost of improving his contract is completely offset by the inevitable increase in the player's value over the next few years, so if if it does get to the stage where we are selling him we will receive the maximum amount possible, this is much more likely to happen if the player is happy with this contract for the forseeable future.

Rodwell is a 19 year old squad player not a bench player as people are calling him, he is already an asset to this club, an asset they are eager to protect both in terms of development and potential value.

Tbh we all know deep down that Pienaar has always seemed like a bit of the cunty type.

No doubt he's a quality player who performs consistently well for us, works hard for the club etc. But he always did seem like the type prone to throwing his toys out of his pram.

Still want him to sign though! :lol:

No crediblity in this at all but I'll post it anyway. Two completely stupid statements (Pienaar "looks set to quit in the summer" :huh: "Moyes will be reluctant to have anyone he does not want pushed into the move." :lol: )...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Everton-slap-15m-price-tag-on-contract-rebel-Steven-Pienaar-as-Tottenham-plan-summer-move-article438689.html

No crediblity in this at all but I'll post it anyway. Two completely stupid statements (Pienaar "looks set to quit in the summer" :huh: "Moyes will be reluctant to have anyone he does not want pushed into the move." :lol: )...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Everton-slap-15m-price-tag-on-contract-rebel-Steven-Pienaar-as-

Yeah SSN has it as part of their transfer rumours this AM. £15m for someone we paid £2.2m for. Good deal??