IGNORED

Pienaar

In order...

Negotiate. But not pay them more than we can afford.

We've not broken our pay structure, we've moved to protect a major asset.

It's on record that we've made him an offer, it's inconceivable that it's not in on a par with our top earners.

See previous three answers.

Negotiate all you want with Fellainis agent, just as it seems we have Pienaars.If you don't come up to their valuation......goodbye!

Rodwell it seems really WANTS to play for Everton, Pienaar on the other hand probably wants as much money as he can get, there's your problem.

Pienaar can be replaced, but we'd be a better team with him in the starting line up.I've always been one of the few on here who advocates the cautious approach ie not over spending..."the Everton way" if you like.....I've pointed out how other teams with way bigger debt than ours pay higher wages "to tempt" players, and probably finish higher than us, and warning it's not going to stop.

I used the phrase "tempted" to increase his money in a previous post, and within this topic have said that if he wants too much then he should leave.....YOU then start up with "crazy talk" and " daft ideas ".....try and read between lines :blink: Has it been raining all day where you live ;)

Before the world cup, after the world cup... his agent seems to contradict himself in every quote.

I wouldn't want this to linger on all summer, we end up selling him in the last few days of the window and not have enough time to replace him- we all know that quick deals are not the clubs forte!! Set a deadline, offer the maximum wage (which I had heard we already had) and if no signature comes ship him out.

Funny how short a memory some of these players have. EFC straighten out their career and bring out the best in them only for them to chase the £££ at the first opportunity. Saying that, loyalty in the game is very rare nowadays so chasing the money is to be expected. Just hope Mr Heitinga won't be the next name to do likewise.

You'd think that watching Lescott disappear up his own rear end would have made them think, but they leave that to their agents

Bad times if he moves on, but as long as we cash in and replace, with Billy coming back better this year we'll manage.

Edited by blueblood

Before the world cup, after the world cup... his agent seems to contradict himself in every quote.

I wouldn't want this to linger on all summer, we end up selling him in the last few days of the window and not have enough time to replace him- we all know that quick deals are not the clubs forte!! Set a deadline, offer the maximum wage (which I had heard we already had) and if no signature comes ship him out.

Funny how short a memory some of these players have. EFC straighten out their career and bring out the best in them only for them to chase the £££ at the first opportunity. Saying that, loyalty in the game is very rare nowadays so chasing the money is to be expected. Just hope Mr Heitinga won't be the next name to do likewise.

You'd think that watching Lescott disappear up his own rear end would have made them think, but they leave that to their agents

Bad times if he moves on, but as long as we cash in and replace, with Billy coming back better this year we'll manage.

Totally agree!

Pienaar probably has watched the Lescott saga, but other than seeing him get injured and losing his England place, what would frighten him!He(Lescott)did pick up a way better contract and City did finish higher than us :( .City threw away the chance of 4th when they tailed off at the end.

So if Pienaar is greedy and wants way more than we can afford what happened to Lescott wont have a bearing on himself.

I wonder if Everton will one day have to pay big wages to create the team that wins things that, then bring in the investors.Would be great to do it without resorting to that.

We've seen liverpool slip, Arsenal within reaching distance, Spurs, City and Villa are not really any better than us (infact on our day we are better than them).....it's now we seem ready to strike for 4th again, with our team of last year, couple of new lads and luck with injuries, we could do it!..........It's just to lose Pienaar, and perhaps other players is a sickner.Maybe Baines and Pienaar can get even better down that left hand side!

Oh I'm sure Everton will have a decent season next year without him.Fellaini back, Billy doing better, Anichebe fit and improving, Arteta and Jagielka back to fitness, Baines confidence high after being picked for England, Vaughan hungry for another chance, and so on!.........So why am I bothered about losing Pienaar?....because I think he's improving all the time and he's going to be a big loss :(

MokeO.......I wouldn't try and work out my posts on the subject of Pienaar, because if you can work out what I really want........CAN YOU TELL ME :unsure:

You want him to tell his agent to sign the latest offered contact.. simple.. well, maybe even take 10k/week off the offer to be nice :P.

I agree that on our day we're better than them.. however, there was days last season, even in the last 10 games where we were no-where near our best... :(

If he doesnt want to sign a deal then sell the miserable greedy get! I am a huge fan of peanuts but we have re-ignited his carrer after him dissolving into a german bench and to see him stalling and moaning makes me sick, he only had a one great season!! I would happily take 15 million for him, he is getting on and i think if he doesnt want to play for us then let him go. we can easily replace him with the money we get for him, even get a few players plus cash off city if they want him so badly. If that was the case i would ask for petrov and ireland plus cash. I am far more concerned with the rumours of utd sniffing around Mikel, they usually get who they want! and we have a good relationship with them when buying or selling players. I also hope Jonnys quotes have been mis-interpreted... othwerwise Moyes should throttle him! He only started to establish himself at the end of the season! Billy will come good this year IMO so letting peanuts may not be a bad idea with him only having a year left on his contract. We need a pacey winger, it has shown what we need when donnovan was here.

Off topic, seeing as the article was from NOTW... why does NOTW get a lot of shite supporters fired up and angry?

I was browsing a shite forum looking for their screaming about Moyes being linked to replace their beloved rafa and some poor sod linked to a NOTW article and they were all going ape shit.

It would cost us more than that to replace him and even then it might not work out so I wouldnt quite bite their hands off

They are also looking to offload a few surplus players so we could have our pick from Stephen Ireland, Nedum Onhoua, Michael Johnson..... think we've been linked with all of them previously. All good, young players with the EFC work & team ethic.