IGNORED

Pienaar

If Pienaar wants to go then we shouldn't keep him, you'd have thought Moyes would have learnt his listen after being burnt with Lescott.

I don't see how he got burnt? We got £24 million for one player, with which we bought 3, and if lescott had been injured with us we would have been in even more trouble with injuries than we originally were...

I don't see how he got burnt? We got £24 million for one player, with which we bought 3, and if lescott had been injured with us we would have been in even more trouble with injuries than we originally were...

You forget our start to the season? It wasn't all about injuries, we coped just fine with them at the end of the previous season before Lescott decided to stick his head up his own arse.

You forget our start to the season? It wasn't all about injuries, we coped just fine with them at the end of the previous season before Lescott decided to stick his head up his own arse.

i don't think that justifies tarring peinaar with the same brush though does it? He didn't cop out at the end of the season, he played brilliantly up until the end. Granted he now wants more but he's in his late 20's and he can't play in europe this year, he was openly disappointed in that as i'm sure the whole squad were, and he's at a point in his career when he feels he should be reaching those heights. we can't guaruntee him Champions league or even europa league at this stage so he has a right to be anxious, but it doesn't mean he's a money grubbing whore like Lescott, he just wants to play at the highest level when he's in the best form of his career. I don't blame him for that one bit. Hopefully though, he'll realise if he stays we have a real shot at the champions league and he'll re sign. If not, Moyes will take the 15 mil and get Elia or someone like this for cheaper, in fact he'll probably get 2 players. So no big loss.

Edited by The Regulator

I wasn't tarring him with any sort of brush :blink:. I was saying that Moyes shouldn't keep a player if he wants to go if it's going to negatively impact on the team.

Fair enough, but if he doesn't go he'll sign a new deal. It's not the same as lescott who was already on a long term contract, pienaar will either go or he'll stay. there's no inbetween, no shit performances...

Fair enough, but if he doesn't go he'll sign a new deal. It's not the same as lescott who was already on a long term contract, pienaar will either go or he'll stay. there's no inbetween, no shit performances...

You don't believe he'd sit out his contract and leave on a free then?

if they really are interested and would match the £15m asking price then i'd sell him to inter now. it would be much better than having him leaving for free in january and as previously mentioned he would do any harm to us playing in italy. plus we could easily reinvest the money in someone like donovan or ben arfa, as well as have some left over to get a young defender.

I could honestly live with him going to Inter especially for that money.

At least we wouldn't see him popping up with a last minute winner for city.

In all honesty we'd probably not play against him for a wee while.... at least until the 2012 Champions League final (or something along those lines).

got to say, that does sound tempting. Who could we get for say 10mill to replace him though (theres no way we would get all 15)?

donovan or ben arfa? surely mls would let him go for somewhere in the 8-10 mil bracket. it would definitely have to beat the previous record for an american ($10 mil for jozy altidore). 8 million pounds beats that by about 2+ million us$

donovan or ben arfa? surely mls would let him go for somewhere in the 8-10 mil bracket. it would definitely have to beat the previous record for an american ($10 mil for jozy altidore). 8 million pounds beats that by about 2+ million us$

it would be great to get in Lando but then weve covered the right and are struggling on the left!

And who the hell paid that much money for Dozy?

it would be great to get in Lando but then weve covered the right and are struggling on the left!

And who the hell paid that much money for Dozy?

villareal! at one point he was rumored to be on his way to real madrid though. he didn't really get much playing time at villareal and even when he went on loan for the second half of his first season he didn't play a single game. he always seems to play better with the national team, probably something about familiar surroundings.

I wonder if Arry will try and get Peanuts now that Joe Cole has signed for The Shite

i really don't see why he would though. he's got modric, bale and kranjcar that all play on the left and i can't really see him getting rid of any of them.

at first i really wanted pienaar to stay, but now i'm pretty indifferent as to what he does. as long as we get a good enough fee from a foreign club i'm perfectly fine with him leaving.

i really don't see why he would though. he's got modric, bale and kranjcar that all play on the left and i can't really see him getting rid of any of them.

at first i really wanted pienaar to stay, but now i'm pretty indifferent as to what he does. as long as we get a good enough fee from a foreign club i'm perfectly fine with him leaving.

Is also rumored to be after Bellamy.