IGNORED

Pienaar

It's perspective isn't it.

"I remember cleaning boots at Millwall on £250 a week and feeling like a millionaire.

I'd made it then. At that time, if I never played for another club it wouldn't have bothered me too much because I'd made it with a football team in England.

I knew then that, no matter what happened, I would be able to tell my kids I made it with a professional club in England. That was probably one of the happiest times in my career.

That's brilliant. 99.99% of kids dreaming of being a footballer never even get that far and he's not lost sight of that. Top top bloke.

It's perspective isn't it.

"I remember cleaning boots at Millwall on £250 a week and feeling like a millionaire.

“I'd made it then. At that time, if I never played for another club it wouldn't have bothered me too much because I'd made it with a football team in England.

“I knew then that, no matter what happened, I would be able to tell my kids I made it with a professional club in England. That was probably one of the happiest times in my career.”

That's brilliant. 99.99% of kids dreaming of being a footballer never even get that far and he's not lost sight of that. Top top bloke.

sums him up that bit! he's not a money grabber..yeah i'm sure he is on a few quid now but no more than he has earnt and never moaned for anymore! i hope he stays around a long time after he retires from playing although he will most probably go back to australia :(

They are also looking to offload a few surplus players so we could have our pick from Stephen Ireland, Nedum Onhoua, Michael Johnson..... think we've been linked with all of them previously. All good, young players with the EFC work & team ethic.

Onhoua is a defender for a start and neither Johnson or Ireland are anywhere near as good as Piennar

Onhoua is a defender for a start and neither Johnson or Ireland are anywhere near as good as Piennar

Sorry for not being clear. I didn't mean as a direct replacement more as players we could get and still attract a decent fee on top.

We've already seen that DM is sniffing around for direct replacements for Peanuts.

also on sky sports yesterday

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6196455,00.html

"Losing him would be a big loss but I think he needs to see what he would be losing if he left Everton.

wander what he means by this? that we should sell him and then get him back or what? bit of an odd comment

"Losing him would be a big loss but I think he needs to see what he would be losing if he left Everton.

wander what he means by this? that we should sell him and then get him back or what? bit of an odd comment

think you're looking into it too much, possibly. i think he's just suggesting that if he leaves everton he's leaving a good staff and a good squad that have been good to him and one that he's been made feel apart of. and that if he leaves he'll have to settle in elsewhere, and as with dortmund, that could go tits up.

am i bein thick at wondering how you got that from cahills comment? :blink::lol:

Wha?

think you're looking into it too much, possibly. i think he's just suggesting that if he leaves everton he's leaving a good staff and a good squad that have been good to him and one that he's been made feel apart of. and that if he leaves he'll have to settle in elsewhere, and as with dortmund, that could go tits up.

This ^^

Edited by iggy

am i bein thick at wondering how you got that from cahills comment? :blink::lol:

maybe yeah, ;)

or maybe i read it wrong,

the he needs to see bit could read, he needs to go else where to see how good he has it here, if you get my drift

like cracker said i probably read to much into it, but as i said just seamed like an odd comment

maybe yeah, ;)

or maybe i read it wrong,

the he needs to see bit could read, he needs to go else where to see how good he has it here, if you get my drift

like cracker said i probably read to much into it, but as i said just seamed like an odd comment

I think he just means that while it'd be a loss to Everton for Pienaar to leave that Pienaar would also be losing as well.

“I am grateful to Wenger, but my aim is the same: keep improving.”

how to interprete this.... Arsenal wont help him improve so he is stayin put? Or he thinks he is above Arsenal too (in which case we have no chance). Very strange choice of words....

If he is that bothered about the Everton fans he should just say "I want to repay the faith Everton put in me... I'am staying and signing a contract extension".

Let him go I say... get 15million for him is great business! We can always find a replacement, sure Moyes will spring a worldy signing out of the bag for 2million and then they will be world class AGAIN!

I would prefer him to go to Bayern though or any team abroad.

Thankfully he's been shit so far at the world cup so at least there shouldn't be any new vultures sniffin!

but if we want to sell like most people on here suggest we should, surely it would be better if he has a blinder - and inflate his price

but if we want to sell like most people on here suggest we should, surely it would be better if he has a blinder - and inflate his price

....I for one dont want to sell but if we have to I dont think his performance at the world cup's gonna make much difference to Spurs/arsenal/city etc.

Davey will squeeze every penny out of it if he does have to sell coz he knows the proceeds would probably be all he has to spend this summer.