IGNORED

Pienaar

If we get offered £15m for him its a good price, we could get Bellamy, Petrov and Stephen Hunt for less than that.

Fellaini and Arteta can provide all the skill in the middle, we just need someone to work hard out wide

Stephen Hunt is not good enough for EFC. I couldnt see him making the bench now. Better options around imo!

15m isn't much compared to what we got from City for Lescott...surely Lescott's not thought to be better than Pienaar?

I do understand that Lescott's price was inflated, but still!

Lescott had 4 years left on his contract and Pienaar has a year, that's why there's a big difference.

Lescott had 4 years left on his contract and Pienaar has a year, that's why there's a big difference.

That makes more sense, then...didn't realise that Lescott had 4 years left.

In that case, 15m sounds good...though as it's been said, I'd rather him not go, and just as importantly, want to stay.

There is a very good reason for that, none of them are fit to lace his boots!

Oh, lets go and sign David Villa then, or someone better. :rolleyes:

I know they are not as good but we can replace like for like for the £15 mill, or boost the squad by 3 players, similar to the Lescott deal.

Better players have gone before and we still survived, dont panic.

Oh, lets go and sign David Villa then, or someone better. :rolleyes:

I know they are not as good but we can replace like for like for the £15 mill, or boost the squad by 3 players, similar to the Lescott deal.

Better players have gone before and we still survived, dont panic.

Seeing as though Petrov is on a free anyway he doesnt really count so you would only be getting Hunt, who is clearly not even good enough to make our bench, and Bellamy so I would rather keep Piennar

Im not about to panic and I know we will survive as I said in an earlier post we should make him a final offer this week and if he doesnt sign it then sell him now so that we can bring in a suitable replacement

I would be very dissapointed to lose him as he has been our best player for the past 20 months but as you say life goes on. I just think we are past the stage of bringing in squad players, if we sell we need to replace like for like ie spend the lot and probably more on one player

We are in a win win situation: he signs new contract = great.

He says he wants to move to Spurs, then tell Spurs it's £15m or more or we hold off till after world cup where he will be on every form of TV replay as he is the most likleist players from South Africa to have an impact moment in a game. The TV stations will act as the biggest agent in world football, will Spurs fancy going up against bigger powers in the world game if Pienaar does what we know he is capable of. £15m is alot of money for a player out of contract and with about 3 years of peak performance left.

If it turns out that we do not agree a fee then keep him for the last year, we paid in region of £2m for him and he could enable us to make the push for top 4.

Time to play hardball. I would prefer to sign him on a 4 year deal though.

I'd play hard with Spurs and say, Bentley and Keane + £5m for him :) then tell Saggy face he can have him. Striker cover and a player i quite rate and some monies, quality deal lol NOthing less droooopy!!!

Oh an Hafnia

He says he wants to move to Spurs, then tell Spurs it's £15m or more or we hold off till after world cup where he will be on every form of TV replay as he is the most likleist players from South Africa to have an impact moment in a game. The TV stations will act as the biggest agent in world football, will Spurs fancy going up against bigger powers in the world game if Pienaar does what we know he is capable of. £15m is alot of money for a player out of contract and with about 3 years of peak performance left.

Agree with what you said here mate!

Edited by tenaciousj

I just dont see why people get up in arms because players (Pienaar and Yakubu) want to move on, sure we would like to keep them all but if they want to go they will go and theres nothing EFC can do, and everybody crying and moaning wont stop them.

Players are moving all the time, Its not as if we would be playing with 9 or 10 men, they will be replaced.

I just dont see why people get up in arms because players (Pienaar and Yakubu) want to move on, sure we would like to keep them all but if they want to go they will go and theres nothing EFC can do, and everybody crying and moaning wont stop them.

Players are moving all the time, Its not as if we would be playing with 9 or 10 men, they will be replaced.

My sentiments exactly, players develop and then move on, and it's not always a bad thing, if lescott had stayed we wouldn't have had bily, heitinga or distin, and while some of them had bad spells I think we're stronger for them being here than keeping lescott. If pienaar goes, then fine, we'll miss him because he's a great player, but he'll go for good money and we can restrengthen again. Yes he was our best player last year, but next year we'll have a midfield with fellaini arteta and cahill, and anyone Moyes will add to that will be joining a world class midifield.

No worries on my part, in truth i dont see the fuss.

Productivity wise wouldn't Bentley actually be an improvement on Pienaar?

Pienaar is a class player but he doesn't score or assist a great deal - okay he's involved in a lot of the good things we do but he's not our main supply or finish. On the other hand where Bentley lacks in the flair compared to Pienaar, not many can deliver a better cross/pass.

For me, a cash + Bentley deal would be very satisfying!!!

Pienaar is a class player but he doesn't score or assist a great deal - okay he's involved in a lot of the good things we do but he's not our main supply or finish. On the other hand where Bentley lacks in the flair compared to Pienaar, not many can deliver a better cross/pass.

agree, already said i'd be up for that...bentley plus a few mil = happy days

rather have bentley than landon and the valu of pienaar and yobo > donovan petrov...i'd be asking where the rest went

The club's not allowed to save any of it's cash?

And Donovan's a known quantity; we already know he fits in the team well.

That's not to say we shouldn't bring anyone else in...

Couldnt disagree more!

Piennar has topped our assist chart in 2 of the last 3 seasons and last season it was Baines who 9 times out of 10 supplies the cross after being put through by Piennar

He has pretty much been our only source of creativity in Artetas absence and he scores just as many as Bentley

I agree

this bit was interesting though

But the ECHO understands that Everton will not consider bids from any other Premier League clubs, and are prepared to make Pienaar see out the final year of his contract

Must admit I wouldnt like to see him playing for anyone else in the Prem but if hes going to go lets get the best price we can for him now

The more protracted this gets, the less I like the guy. We signed him from the bench at dortmund for under £3million, and nows he's holding us to ransom. He/his agent needs to realise exactly why he is being touted by so many big clubs, because he has been nurtured into a hard working team, and he has been loved by the club. Wheres the loyalty?! Sign up, or fuck off.

I agree

this bit was interesting though

But the ECHO understands that Everton will not consider bids from any other Premier League clubs, and are prepared to make Pienaar see out the final year of his contract

Must admit I wouldnt like to see him playing for anyone else in the Prem but if hes going to go lets get the best price we can for him now

it's the usual rubbish, I can't see any possibility that the club would make Pienaar see out his contract and lose him for free - this type of bravado talk is just to make it look like we're not desperate to sell so we can inflate the price as much as possible. If he doesn't sign the contract we'll be desperate to get rid, let's just hope BK works some of his transfer fee magic again.

I agree with Bill, I don't think it would be bad business to sell Pienaar for a fee in the region of £12-15m (especially when we only paid approx £2.5m or something) and get Petrov and a couple of others. We have workers in the team, we have the grit and skill in midfield, we need a winger dynamo, Petrov is better at beating a man and pacier than Pienaar, he may actually give us a better outlet, certainly on the counter attack, and he is free. He may not work as hard but we have enough of that in the team anyway.

I love Pienaar, but if he won't sign his contract then that's it. The board have tied everyone else down so they obviously know how to close a deal, they know what to offer, Pienaar is obviously being unreasonable.

I just wish we hadn't offered Saha such a lucrative contract, he's past it. I'd rather see Anichebe or Yakubu play ahead of him every time. We need a striker.

from that article it sounds like his agent/representative is a fuckin bell end and is seeing how far he can push us the greedy cunt, it may be his job to get the best deal possible for his client but the mixed messages cant be helping the situation and are turning what should have been a simple contract extension into a farce. what pisses me off is instead of dicking about with this, wasting time and resource we could be finding a replacement or re-enforcements.

More bullshit from another parasite agent, if you wanna sum up eberything that's wrong with modern football then just read the comments from this prick. It's up to Pienaar, he can trust his own judgement and listen to a club that has made him into a world class player and which worships him, or he can listen to his wanker agent who just wants to make a fast buck using him. If it's the latter, he can fuck off, I've said before he's far from irreplaceable

"I just wish we hadn't offered Saha such a lucrative contract, he's past it. I'd rather see Anichebe or Yakubu play ahead of him every time. We need a striker."

Sorry i don't agree with this one bit! If you want to see Everton with the slowest and lazyiest forward line in the history of the club since Brett Angel then have the Yak and that donkey Anichebe leading the line. Granted the Yak can score goals and is a quality poacher but cnt have leading the line and i think he is getting sold anyway. But to say anichebe ahead of Saha is laughable. Anichebe is a joke, lazy and useless! He looks knackered after running ten yards, his touch is shocking, no pace, cant hit a barn door, the only thing he can do is bully some players but he has no attacking prowess or intelligence what we need to fire us to that top 4.

Sorry to shooot your post down but when the topic of Anicheb is raised i get angry haha! I am simply just not a fan!

This was always the most likely scenario for me. The club have more often than not been good at tying people down, and they were never going to be offering him anything less than parity with the top earners.

Sad (but predictable) to see such greed and lack of humility from a "man of God."