IGNORED

Pienaar

I wouldn't. Ribery for three or four players?

What happens when he is crocked? Good as he is Ribery is not worth tearing the team apart for.

Perhaps Ribery and another quality player. Or Ribery for Peanuts and perhaps Anichebe. But three or four players is a no brainer really.

Are you actually crediting us with a chance of swapping any of our players for ribery?!?! :blink: Ribery will be playing for a Chelsea/Man.Ure/Real/Barca - I don't really think we're competing at that level yet! He's a £150k a week player and one of the best in the world, it'd take a bit more than Pienaar, Anichebe and a crate of chang to sign him - try £50-odd-million!!!

I wouldn't. Ribery for three or four players?

What happens when he is crocked? Good as he is Ribery is not worth tearing the team apart for.

Perhaps Ribery and another quality player. Or Ribery for Peanuts and perhaps Anichebe. But three or four players is a no brainer really.

Oh, just seen it's your birthday mate, that explains it!!! A few beers are fine but stay off the crack!!!

• 2 weeks later...

twitchy Fuckin Harry again!!! He recently said he knows where to look for players, to bloody right he does, just waits for other clubs to sign a diamond then homes in!! bloated twat!!

i am really worried about losing him. i know he has said he is happy blah blah blah but ive seen all that said before followed by the player leaving. if he does go in the summer it would have to be for a looooot of moolar (which we wouldnt get) and we would have to replace him with someone who is equally industrious, skillful etc which would cost a looooot of moolar (which we wont have). would be a serious dent in next season...

hope this is all tosh....

He could sit on the bench at Chelsea, be on standby "...in case of injury to the excellent Aaron Lennon..." at Spurs or he could stay with us and make a serious assualt on the top four :mellow: . Hope he stays but if he goes £13m's not bad for someone with only a year left on his contract....if he doesn't want to play for us then he can f'ck off :angry: .

Would the club turn down the chance to make that much money in one go? I'm not sure they would.

Don't know....hope so. It's too low for me anyway, if you break it down as roughly £20m for Jack and £12 for Pienaar. If they both asked to go I'd want at least £40m.

Don't know....hope so. It's too low for me anyway, if you break it down as roughly £20m for Jack and £12 for Pienaar. If they both asked to go I'd want at least £40m.

I hope so too, but we're not exactly rolling in money and if past summers are anything to go by we'll have to sell to buy and Moyes has said he wants to bring in new faces.

They should not be considered for sale unless an amazing to good to be true offer is made (£50m Rodwell, £20m Pienaar - seriously), the reason being in usual circumstances we do not yet possess the ability to attract players of their quality when pursued by other top 4 clubs, so why would that change if we were to sell them.

To look at this you properly we need to look at who is in their class. Pienaar for me is up there with the best attacking widemen in the business from an all round point of view. He is not up there with Riberry, Ronaldo, Di Maria from an all out attack point of view, but he more than makes up for this with his work rate for the team, let's just say I wouldn't swap him for Valencia and he went for £16m - nor would we have got Valencia when Utd's interest became apparent. So in effect it is unlikely we could replace him.

Rodwell is almost without comparison, put bluntly he is going to be a mainstay in the England midfield for year to come, Gerrard, Lampard - if a club had the opportunity to go back in time and buy them at 19 years old, how mnuch would they pay? £60m would be a snip given the return over the years. The two aforementioned names will be on the decline fromk now on in, the likes of Rodwell and Milner will be the main men in the middle for their country.

We should not even contemplate selling them, the money we would get in would be likely spent on lesser quality players, which means we will still be plodding along trying to get in the sky 4. Imagine if we still had a certain Man United player mixing it with Arteta, Pienaar, Rodwell, Fellaini, Jags, alongside the Yak or Louis - you would be looking at league contenders - alas we needed to sell him. We do not need to sell Rodwell or Pienaar so therefore we shouldn't.

Imagine if we still had a certain Man United player mixing it with Arteta, Pienaar, Rodwell, Fellaini, Jags, alongside the Yak or Louis - you would be looking at league contenders - alas we needed to sell him. We do not need to sell Rodwell or Pienaar so therefore we shouldn't.

Its not a case of do we or dont we want to sell, its more a case of if they want to stay or go. They can say all they like at the mo and remain loyal, but if United or Chelsea came in with deffo bids that will change things, remember Rooneys "Once a blue always a blue", ?? it meant fook all two months later.

They are certainly not making it hard for Rodwell to leave are they, £25,000 a month, FFS Van der Meyde was getting that much for the four years he was here, and if Rodders went elsewhere he would get 3 or 4 times as much, i wouldnt stay if thats all they offered me.

Its not a case of do we or dont we want to sell, its more a case of if they want to stay or go. They can say all they like at the mo and remain loyal, but if United or Chelsea came in with deffo bids that will change things, remember Rooneys "Once a blue always a blue", ?? it meant fook all two months later.

They are certainly not making it hard for Rodwell to leave are they, £25,000 a month, FFS Van der Meyde was getting that much for the four years he was here, and if Rodders went elsewhere he would get 3 or 4 times as much, i wouldnt stay if thats all they offered me.

I'm only guessing but any agent worth his salt would make sure that there were caveats within the deal that meant any progress made by Rodwell would be rewarded. £25k a week would be just the start, an England call up etc would probably see him in the Arteta, Cahill, Yak bracket. The lad seems to be level headed and at this moment I would imagine his main goal is getting more first team games, developing and becoming the player we know he can be. Van der meyde was put on mega bucks because he was a dutch international who had played for Ajax and Inter.

In terms of pay structure at the club things do need to improve, that all comes from increasing our revenue = stadium improvements and champs league footy. These are the players that can make that happen.