IGNORED

Pienaar

i wouldnt worry Mark. The world cup will either put people off him (hopefully) or exagerate his price so wildly that we should easily find a replacement with the money we get. Even if he is in his last 12 months, if he plays well in SA people will fight over him.

If he goes, good luck to him. But hopefully he will see sense and stay!

Problem is he is in his last year, I thought we were in the business of not letting our better players get within 2 years of their contracts? Regardless, any talk of him being worth £6m due to no end product is outrageous, he always has an end product, whether it be a pass to a team mate, a run further up field and a give and go or on the odd occasion a goal. His value to the team is immense, compare him to Bily in terms of work rate, positional sense, showing for the ball, not even comparable. I will be gutted if we lose a player of his quality. He is worth parity with the Yak, and let's face it, he will know how much he is on.

Steven Pienaar: I'm staying at Everton FC

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/everton-fc/2010/02/18/steven-pienaar-i-m-staying-at-everton-fc-55578-25858908/

Pienaar: I want to win the Europa League with Everton - and then sign new deal

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Steven-Pienaar-I-want-to-win-the-Europa-League-with-Everton-and-then-sign-new-deal-article325967.html

But the midfielder wants the situation resolved with a new deal soon, and said: “I feel this is my home. The supporters have always been good to me and I always give 100%.

“I definitely aim to play here for a lot longer, why not? Talk of moving is only rumours and I am definitely enjoying my football here.”

Read article for more information.

Edited by EFC247

Steven Pienaar: I'm staying at Everton FC

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/everton-fc/2010/02/18/steven-pienaar-i-m-staying-at-everton-fc-55578-25858908/

Pienaar: I want to win the Europa League with Everton - and then sign new deal

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Steven-Pienaar-I-want-to-win-the-Europa-League-with-Everton-and-then-sign-new-deal-article325967.html

But the midfielder wants the situation resolved with a new deal soon, and said: “I feel this is my home. The supporters have always been good to me and I always give 100%.

“I definitely aim to play here for a lot longer, why not? Talk of moving is only rumours and I am definitely enjoying my football here.”

Read article for more information.

Great news, now the Board need to get thier fingers out and get him signed up as soon as possible

i will be happy when its on paper...words dont mean much nowadays and neither do contracts for that matter except they bump the price up

I'll take a price bump. If we get him sorted on a 4 year deal then he has a blinder in S.A. and we still lose him, at least we would have a nice little consolation prize, ~15-20 M I'd think.

(Not suggesting we even consider letting him go, mind. Just think we should go in with the strongest possible hand)

I'll take a price bump. If we get him sorted on a 4 year deal then he has a blinder in S.A. and we still lose him, at least we would have a nice little consolation prize, ~15-20 M I'd think.

(Not suggesting we even consider letting him go, mind. Just think we should go in with the strongest possible hand)

yeah thats what im sayin if a bigger club wants him enough they will get him but at least with a contract we will get a decent wedge then and not just a couple million like gravesen

Hmm a bidding war between City, Bayern and the Shite....who you think is gonna win? :blink:

The Shite are worse off than us!

Seriously Hope he stays though! We desperatly need players like peanuts in order to Progress as a Club.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't. Ribery for three or four players?

What happens when he is crocked? Good as he is Ribery is not worth tearing the team apart for.

Perhaps Ribery and another quality player. Or Ribery for Peanuts and perhaps Anichebe. But three or four players is a no brainer really.