IGNORED

Pienaar

If Pienaar wants to leave Everton it will be for money or the chance to win trophies.

I would say with a fit squad Everton are just as likely as liverpool to win trophies over the next couple of seasons, so you can rule that one out.If it's trophies he's after then a Man Utd or Chelsea approach would be a worry, plus with the trophies goes the obvious extra money.

Would he go to liverpool who are a couple of points ahead of us, and that's after spending mega millions, just for a few extra grand a week!

If I were Moyes I'd give Pienaar as much as I could afford + a bit!, he's been our best player this season.

The asking price for Pienaar (should he wish to leave) will be interesting, surely one for rafa and one for the rest!

Edited by Blue 250

I don't think he would go to liverpool. Interesting comments at the bottom of the article where his agent says his future will eb sorted before the WC. Piernar said he wanted to stay so I think we need to pay him the right wages he will be as good if not better next season. I think he knows the stature he has here and will sign a neew contract. I would be happy for just a two year ext on what he has now.

If Pienaar wants to leave Everton it will be for money or the chance to win trophies.

I would say with a fit squad Everton are just as likely as liverpool to win trophies over the next couple of seasons, so you can rule that one out.If it's trophies he's after then a Man Utd or Chelsea approach would be a worry, plus with the trophies goes the obvious extra money.

Would he go to liverpool who are a couple of points ahead of us, and that's after spending mega millions, just for a few extra grand a week!

If I were Moyes I'd give Pienaar as much as I could afford + a bit!, he's been our best player this season.

The asking price for Pienaar (should he wish to leave) will be interesting, surely one for rafa and one for the rest!

Thats got to be worth a bet........ How much are you willing to put down on that then?

I don't think he would go to liverpool. Interesting comments at the bottom of the article where his agent says his future will eb sorted before the WC. Piernar said he wanted to stay so I think we need to pay him the right wages he will be as good if not better next season. I think he knows the stature he has here and will sign a neew contract. I would be happy for just a two year ext on what he has now.

As would all of us im sure, but i doubt he would, which is the important thing! Hell, id be happy for all of them to play for a realistic wage, one that doesnt cost millions upon millions each year...

Back in the real world, he has been our best player throughout the year and was massive last year. He deserves top money and parity with the likes of the lazy Yak and Arteta. 3-5 years on top money is what he deserves, im just amazed its taking so long for the board to put this together (well, maybe not but you know what i mean). If hes demanding over the top wages, try compensating with over-the-top bonuses, 10k per assist or 20k a goal etc (which is how players should earn most of their pay anyway in my opinion). Otherwise it comes down to 1 question; sell him now or keep him and lose him for free next year?

Thats got to be worth a bet........ How much are you willing to put down on that then?

id put money on that! name your price!

Edited by galacticaracnid

If hes demanding over the top wages, try compensating with over-the-top bonuses, 10k per assist or 20k a goal etc (which is how players should earn most of their pay anyway in my opinion).

Individual bonuses in a team sport seems like a dumb idea to me. 20k per goal? I know I wouldn't pass anymore :).

Maybe it would make a little more sense if you give bonuses at the end of the season if a player gets a total of 20 goals or something. That way he'll only be selfish for the last couple of games when he sees he's not gonna get there :).

Individual bonuses in a team sport seems like a dumb idea to me. 20k per goal? I know I wouldn't pass anymore :).

Maybe it would make a little more sense if you give bonuses at the end of the season if a player gets a total of 20 goals or something. That way he'll only be selfish for the last couple of games when he sees he's not gonna get there :).

I see what you mean but there is a need for individual bonuses: strikers for goals, midfielders for assists, defence and keeper for clean sheets and combinations thereof. Also, rewards for least number of cards received, number of minutes played etc. My point was more to emphesise that players should earn their stupid sums of money (as indicated in my overinflated suggestions for bonuses!), rather than be given it every week. I do like the idea of targets for a season though :)

Howard and Hibbert would have something to say about that system. :)

for defence i imagine clean sheets would be what the bonuses would be based on. though if Hibbo scored we would have remortgage Goodison to pay for the aftermath on the streets!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/04/22/what-the-papers-say-22-april

60k a week apparently, anyone know what our wage cap is? i thought it was 50k...

Everton are reluctant to agree to the winger's request because the £12million deal over four years would blow a huge hole in David Moyes' summer transfer budget.

12 million wouldnt replace him, this is really a no brainer. It also looks like he is true to his word that he wants to stay, if we put him amongst our top earners (and rightly so!).

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/04/22/what-the-papers-say-22-april

60k a week apparently, anyone know what our wage cap is? i thought it was 50k...

12 million wouldnt replace him, this is really a no brainer. It also looks like he is true to his word that he wants to stay, if we put him amongst our top earners (and rightly so!).

I think we increased our wage cap to sign Heitinga.

Oh, and what summer transfer budget would that be? :lol:

i would rather we blow as much money as required on securing our current squad than looking securing players we don't don't will fit in the team. I think we have a small but amazingly skillfull squad compared to 5/6 years ago and the first priority is keeing it together (Minus saha IMO) we have a reasonable amount of youth coming through so let them make up the squad and let keep peirnar at all costs.

Like Mark said, i think we increased it for Heitinga, at the time 55K was being banded so i'm guessing it's around that mark?

I'd be suprised if Pienaar wasn't offered the top top 40's if not mid 50's max. That would make sense, and when you think in comparison to say the chelsea or scum players, they're on a good 80K-100K a week, we aren't doing too bad keeping our top performers at, at least half of their wages.